This discussion is closed.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
yep im here. :hugs: whats up sweetheart? x
I can't cope. I'm all alone. I'm sitting here drinking straight vodka because I just want the pain to go away and to forget.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I can't cope. I'm all alone. I'm sitting here drinking straight vodka because I just want the pain to go away and to forget.
hun, don't drink straight vodka because it WILL make you sick. seriously, pour it away so you can't get tempted and perhaps try to get some sleep. :hugs: x
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
drinking is good. makes me forget. take the hurt away. mix with tablets and it might kill me i can only hope. dont worry taken none yet. ones i have are probably harmeless anyway. stupid things. hate this. hate life. should die
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I feel like **** again. I'm just up and down all the time but the downs are ten times worse. I spoke to a lovely guy from York earlier... I felt normal for about an hour... but I dip like crazy. I really don't think I can cope with this for much longer. I just wish I could change. I hate myself, my life, my mind, my body........... I'm just sick of it all.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Becki :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
I don't deserve to be here
I'm a waste of time and space.Even my parents think so.
You do deserve to be here. You are not a waste of space :hugs: xxx
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello all :wavey: !

This Friday (10th October) it is World Mental Health Day ! What will you be doing for it/on that day? :grouphugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember that from last year? Or maybe earlier this year or something... anyway, I'll be lying in bed doing absolutely nothing as per usual... Maybe next year I'll actually remember and do something...
herbal bug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
Hello all :wavey: !

This Friday (10th October) it is World Mental Health Day ! What will you be doing for it/on that day? :grouphugs:
I will be in lectures-learning about mental health
we have also got discussions on the subject on campus so wooooooooop
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does anyone else ever get annoyed when people throw "depression" around like it doesn't mean anything? I never used to be offended or irritated by people using the word to describe how they feel - after all, it does convey an emotion as well as an illness. But the other day, one of my best friends was telling me about how she'd hooked up with a new guy on the weekend, and she said "it's good, because I was starting to get a bit depressed on my own". This made me quite angry, not only because she knows I have a history of genuine depression and she's seen what it does to people, but also because she had literally just broken up with her boyfriend/friend with benefits about a week beforehand - and I've only ever kissed one guy (the only person who has ever shown any interest in me, seriously) and that was two years ago!
I know I'm probably being really petty and silly, but that made me so annoyed. So do you guys ever get the same feeling when people go around saying they're depressed because they've had to spend a week being single, or whatever?
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
Does anyone else ever get annoyed when people throw "depression" around like it doesn't mean anything? I never used to be offended or irritated by people using the word to describe how they feel - after all, it does convey an emotion as well as an illness. But the other day, one of my best friends was telling me about how she'd hooked up with a new guy on the weekend, and she said "it's good, because I was starting to get a bit depressed on my own". This made me quite angry, not only because she knows I have a history of genuine depression and she's seen what it does to people, but also because she had literally just broken up with her boyfriend/friend with benefits about a week beforehand - and I've only ever kissed one guy (the only person who has ever shown any interest in me, seriously) and that was two years ago!
I know I'm probably being really petty and silly, but that made me so annoyed. So do you guys ever get the same feeling when people go around saying they're depressed because they've had to spend a week being single, or whatever?
I think to some degree it's along the lines of people's usage of "retarded". People who suffer from or feel strongly about depression or retardation are possibly going to be somewhat insulted by the words' misuse in general chatty dialogue, but most other people don't really think too much about that. To them they're just words, but with a stronger (verging on OTT) emphasis than alternatives like "sad" or "stupid". It's more often a case of negligence rather than actively being offensive, so try not to let it get to you too much...and if it does annoy you that much then maybe just have a quiet word with the friend and tell her how you feel; it might then get her thinking a little more before she speaks
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I made it into college
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I made it into college
:hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
Does anyone else ever get annoyed when people throw "depression" around like it doesn't mean anything?
YES!! It annoys me sooooo much! But then again, people who haven't been depressed don't know what it really feels like so they use it to describe feeling down when actually feeling depressed is a lot lot worse than that.

(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I made it into college
Well done sugar, I'm so proud of you :hugs:
sauce
Report 10 years ago
I am killing myself slowly emotionally, through jealousy and paranoria. I wish I could die with no physical pain.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They called an ambulance last night for me *hides*
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
They called an ambulance last night for me *hides*
becki, are you ok? :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
becki, are you ok? :hugs:
I feel ill and think I might be concussed. I ended up hysterical last night and they called an ambulance because I wouldn't calm down and kept banging my head really hard against the desk (I was under it apparently). I don't remember much. I would go to the doctors to get checked out (I refused to go to the hospital last night) but I have lectures so I can't today. Really don't feel good though.
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Eep, that sounds rather scary, Becki Try to make an appointment as soon as you can. I hope you start to feel better :hugs:
starchild
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had lectures and seminars all day followed by meetigns. This is my only half an hour off and i want to curl up and sleep but I cant becaue I have six million other things to do :bawling:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise