The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Simplicity
P.P.S. Is the joke just the changing of the signs.

Yes, apparently at Intel that's funny passes for a practical joke.
But I have no idea what the change means.
Tbf, I doubt people at intel are actually like that. I would say its a free particle in a vector field with negative charge, hence the muon sign.

P.S. Getting back on revision. I hate maths, its gay. Needs to be easier like physics. Bloody number theory.
Simplicity
Tbf, I doubt people at intel are actually like that. I would say its a free particle in a vector field with negative charge, hence the muon sign.

P.S. Getting back on revision. I hate maths, its gay. Needs to be easier like physics. Bloody number theory.

Yes, I think that's the point.
I still haven't learnt all of the work from last term :/ I am trying to make a radio schedule instead, which has to be good for the logic module...
Reply 3363
Simplicity

Feels smug.

Ain't nothing hard about first year Number Theory.
Reply 3364
Eurgh, I'm finding analysis really hard. I can just about usually kind of manage continuity questions, but proving that a series converges to something I can never do. I hate anything to do with subsequences, Bolzano-Weierstrass theorem and intermediate value theorem. The annoying thing is that I know our analysis questions are ridiculously easy compared with other universities, but I still can't hack them.
Reply 3365
Swayum
Eurgh, I'm finding analysis really hard. I can just about usually kind of manage continuity questions, but proving that a series converges to something I can never do. I hate anything to do with subsequences, Bolzano-Weierstrass theorem and intermediate value theorem. The annoying thing is that I know our analysis questions are ridiculously easy compared with other universities, but I still can't hack them.

I know the feeling, and I have an analysis mock tomorrow.

>:|
Reply 3366
around
I know the feeling, and I have an analysis mock tomorrow.

>:|

Damn! I will almost certainly have a mock when I get back...

(CATAM.) Special relativity, tensors and Smith normal form get in the way.
Reply 3368
Swayum

I sympathise. Analysis feels a lot more difficult than it is, and I think that's because it's desperately boring.
Reply 3369
Glutamic Acid

(CATAM.) Special relativity, tensors and Smith normal form get in the way.

Unless things have changed a bit in the last year, surely you don't have CATAM this year?:s-smilie: Or is this just the lectures?
Reply 3370
We're being lectured on it this term.
Reply 3371
around
We're being lectured on it this term.

Oh, ok, same as before then.
Unfortunately we have the hand in a week tomorrow...better get cracking really...
Am I the only one who likes 1 Dimensional real analysis?
Test delayed by a week! Volcanoes ftw :biggrin:
Reply 3374
IrrationalNumber
Am I the only one who likes 1 Dimensional real analysis?
No.
Reply 3375
mathematica costs over £2000. i'm downloading it for free

i'm literally stealing £2000
Pheylan
mathematica costs over £2000. i'm downloading it for free

i'm literally stealing £2000

Warwick have free student licenses :h:
Reply 3377
TheTallOne
Warwick have free student licenses :h:

Apparently Cambridge do too. Now to work out how to get it...
Slumpy
Apparently Cambridge do too. Now to work out how to get it...

From here, it looks as though it is limited to Staff and PhD students :p:

I'm afraid the Economics department can get it though.
TheTallOne
From here, it looks as though it is limited to Staff and PhD students :p:

:nah: If you could click on the link on that page, it is available for all students :p: (although I never did get my copy working...)

Quick Reply

Latest