Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know absolutely nothing. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chunkeymonkey62)
    Ornithine + NH3 + CO2 ----> Citruline + H2O

Citrulline + NH3 ----> Arginine + H2O

Arginine + H2O ----> Ornithine + Urea

Is this better in equation terms. I understand it bette like this!
    My teacher said
    2 NH3 + CO2 + 3 ATP + H2O → urea + 2 ADP + 4 Pi + AMP
    should be enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bean_90)
    Photosynthesis:

-Light dependent stages (2 types)
    > Cyclic Photophosphorylation = PSI only
    > Non-cyclic Photophosphorylation = PSI & PSII

-Light independent stage = Calvin Cycle

Do you know how they work?
    All i know..from memory atm..

is photophosphyrlation uses light energy which excites a pair of electrons. These electrons flow through electron carriers and release energy. This energy is then used to move the H+ ions from the thylakoid membrane to the thylakoid space and creates a proton, electrochemical and pH gradient. The H+ions then move down the ATP synthase stalked particle down their potential gradient and cause a proton force that joins ADP + Pi to form ATP. The electrons lost from photosystem I are replaced and the electrons lost from the photosystem II ar replaced by thr electrons from photosystem I.

I get confused between non cyclic and cyclic.. and dont know which one i just mentioned ^^^^^ :confused:

for the Calvin Cycle.. all i know is:

CO2 is fixed onto rubisco enzyme during carbon fixation and RuBP forms GP. GP split into 2 triose phosphates.. which then form a 5C compound and then a 4C compound. releases NADH? and ATP.
    then 4C compound forms a second 4C compound and releases NADH and the second 4C compound turns into a third 4C compound releases CO2 its dehydrogentated and decarboxylated each time. Its further decarboxylated and dehydrogenated to regenerate RUBP.
    Some TP can form hexose sugars like glucose that form sucrose and fructose. Some TP can form amino acids and fatty acids.

I have no idea if im mixing up things and if this is even correct. Please correct me if im wrong!! Would really appreciate the helppp!!

ReputationRep:
    I know the content of this unit is still pretty taxing, but compared to the unbelievable volume of information required for F215 this unit seems tiny...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    I know the content of this unit is still pretty taxing, but compared to the unbelievable volume of information required for F215 this unit seems tiny...
    Exactly! I've conditioned myself with gulping down large amounts of Information, F215 makes this look like a piece of cake not only in terms of content but difficulty as well.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, this unit is so tiny compared to f215...still got a module and a half to revise though

ReputationRep:
    hey what do you think will come up? i totally flopped unit 5:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDeleriusx)
    hey what do you think will come up? i totally flopped unit 5:eek3:
    You say you "flopped it" but nearly everyone is saying it was a tough paper (apart from some people but that is always the case) so grade boundaries may act in our favour. I hope they do...

ReputationRep:
    WHATT?

I thought our exam was in the morning?!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekooks)
    I agree, this unit is so tiny compared to f215...still got a module and a half to revise though
    I've read through communication, nerves, hormones and I'm halfway through excretion. I seem to have remembered the basics, but I am lacking detail in certain areas.

oh well on I go. :p:

ReputationRep:
    WHATT?

No, it's tomorrow afternoon

ReputationRep:
    WHATT?

Definitely afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    what do you think will come up

ReputationRep:
    possible topics anyone>> im panicking

ReputationRep:
    Are most people doing this as a resit or are some of you doing it for the first time?

ReputationRep:
    resit

ReputationRep:
    Definitely afternoon!
    Ah.. Seems Ive got extra time to do past papers Q's!

Can someone just explain the loop of henle diffusion thingy or provide me with resources?

I think excretion if the hardest module.

ReputationRep:
    Ah.. Seems Ive got extra time to do past papers Q's!

Can someone just explain the loop of henle diffusion thingy or provide me with resources?

I think excretion if the hardest module.
    I'm not bothering to much with past paper questions this time, the exam question now are just too different with all this applied stuff, Personally for me, i'd rather be just making sure that my knowledge of the info is water-tight, and try to apply it in the exam, (But thats just me! )

I agree with you about excretion, kidney's are the worst!

ReputationRep:
    possible topics anyone?? im panicking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HELPME-ology)
    All i know..from memory atm..

is photophosphyrlation uses light energy which excites a pair of electrons. These electrons flow through electron carriers and release energy. This energy is then used to move the H+ ions from the thylakoid membrane to the thylakoid space and creates a proton, electrochemical and pH gradient. The H+ions then move down the ATP synthase stalked particle down their potential gradient and cause a proton force that joins ADP + Pi to form ATP. The electrons lost from photosystem I are replaced and the electrons lost from the photosystem II ar replaced by thr electrons from photosystem I.

I get confused between non cyclic and cyclic.. and dont know which one i just mentioned ^^^^^ :confused:

!
    Non cylic is when photosystems 1 and 2 are involved, whereas cyclic only involves photosystem 1. For cylic photophosphorylation, the excited electrons (once they have gone through the electron transported thingymebob and generated the ATP) are passed back to the pigment. In contrast, in non-cyclic photophosphorylation, both photosystems are involved and will emit electrons, but this time PSI absorbs the electrons emitted from PSII to replace the ones it lost when it's hit by the light, and PSII regains the electrons it loses via the photolysis of water. The hydrogen ions also produced in the photolysis of water are used to reduce NADP to form reduced NADP, and the oxygen left is released as a waste product.

So the main differences are:
    *Cyclic only uses PSI, whereas non-cyclic uses both
    * The product of CPP is ATP, and the products of NCPP are ATP, reduced NADP and oxygen

So in what you said, you've got all the details of cyclic photophosphorylation spot on

I hope this helped

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.