Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    I want some of what you're smoking. You honestly think this Patriots team is the best team of the decade besides the 2007 Pats? That is seriously the most ridiculous assertion I have ever heard regarding football. The Pats have played absolutely NOBODY this year. They have no defense. And they're going to get exposed this weekend. No team with a 31st ranked defense wins the Super Bowl. I'm sorry, but it just does not and will not ever happen.

Oh, and I called that Giants win. A dominant defense will always beat an explosive offense. You saw what happened to the Packers. You saw what happened to the Saints. It's just a fact of football. Which is why the Ravens are going to win this weekend.

And another thing, (there's just so many things to tear apart in this post) you say the Pats defense is inconsistent. They're ranked 31st in total defense. That's not inconsistent. That's absolutely and completely sucking at defense. I'm sorry, but let's call it what it is.

Lastly, your defense played well against the Broncos. Let's not hype them up too much. They played a rookie Tim Tebow.

The arrogance of Pats fans continues to astound me. Your team is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. You say the Pats are sure fire winners if their defense plays well in the next 2 games. You must not watch a lot of football. Anything can happen on any given sunday. To call any team ever a sure fire winner with 2 games left is completely ludicrous.

I've said it time and time again on this thread, but defense wins championships. The person a couple posts above (who admitted to being new at football) even understands this concept. I don't understand why other people don't even after it's been proven over and over in the NFL.
    This will make me lol when the patriots win

ReputationRep:
    Haha my bad. After re-reading that, I really sounded like a ****. Didn't mean to be a complete *******. It's just that no one in the media (or on this thread) seems to be giving the Ravens a chance. Kind of frustrating considering how good this team is. And I really really hate the Patriots. I have personal experience with how much of a mother****er Bill Belichick is, so I never want him to win anything haha.

But it should be a good game either way, and I'll be watching with a bunch of Pats fans. It's time for Suggs to Ball So Hard.
    I don't think there are too many Patriots fans counting their chickens out there. To be honest, I can't think of a worse 3 teams to be left from a New England perspective, just hoping the secondary has one of their good days and the offensive line can keep their standard up...

ReputationRep:
    MFW the Giants win the Super Bowl.

ReputationRep:
    International Series is Rams (Home Team) v Patriots.

Pretty good matchup - Yes the pats will probably win, but the rams are a way better team than their record this year, they just had the hardest schedule in the NFL this year, and were absolutely decimated by injuries.

I'm pretty cool with going to see a QB that may well go down as one of the greatest of all time.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going for some Brady action

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the Rams improve over the years to give a good Wembley game within the next 3. Although I am interested to go and see Chris Long and James Laurinitis in action.

ReputationRep:
    Bad news, Rams are here for 3 years. I have nothing against the Rams, but i'd far rather have seen 6 random teams as opposed to 3.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the Rams having a permanent fixture here for 3 years... at least it means we WILL have some NFL action at home..

Besides Sam Bradford is their QB and as an Oklahoma Sooners supporter I'd love to see him play live.

(I am a Giants fan though... just putting that out there.)

ReputationRep:
    The one problem I see with the Rams coming here is that if you follow an AFC team then the odds of seeing your side come over are tiny unless they have a second game and zero for any AFC North or East (excl. NE obviously) team.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Steelers visit to Croke...

ReputationRep:
    Quite pleased with hiring Joe Philbin as the Phins' new HC. Looks like he could be a good one. Possibly increases Miami's chances of maybe landing Matt Flynn too. Interesting times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)
    International Series is Rams (Home Team) v Patriots.

Pretty good matchup - Yes the pats will probably win, but the rams are a way better team than their record this year, they just had the hardest schedule in the NFL this year, and were absolutely decimated by injuries.

I'm pretty cool with going to see a QB that may well go down as one of the greatest of all time.
    (Original post by lukimusprime)
    I don't mind the Rams having a permanent fixture here for 3 years... at least it means we WILL have some NFL action at home..

Besides Sam Bradford is their QB and as an Oklahoma Sooners supporter I'd love to see him play live.

(I am a Giants fan though... just putting that out there.)

(Original post by Rekyht)
    Bad news, Rams are here for 3 years. I have nothing against the Rams, but i'd far rather have seen 6 random teams as opposed to 3.

This is SO PERFECT for me!

I went to see the Pats vs Bucs @ Wembley in 2009 and it was ace! However I went with my uncle and he is the only way I have of getting there

He said though that he would only go again if it was the Rams, and I said I would only go again if it was the Patriots or my uncle was going. This is epic. Definitely going! BOOOM.

ReputationRep:
    Haha my bad. After re-reading that, I really sounded like a ****. Didn't mean to be a complete *******. It's just that no one in the media (or on this thread) seems to be giving the Ravens a chance. Kind of frustrating considering how good this team is. And I really really hate the Patriots. I have personal experience with how much of a mother****er Bill Belichick is, so I never want him to win anything haha.

But it should be a good game either way, and I'll be watching with a bunch of Pats fans. It's time for Suggs to Ball So Hard.
    Oh don't worry, I know I'm coming out as pro-Pats, as naturally I would. However I am giving the Ravens a chance! Get to Tom Brady and almost any team can beat us. With players like Ngata and Suggs, they can definitely do that and did when they beat us two years ago at home. They beat us convincingly that game. As it happens I think the Pats are miles better now than they were in 2009, but we are still vulnerable.

Should be an ace game. Shame I can't watch it (have to goto stupid work )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    Oh don't worry, I know I'm coming out as pro-Pats, as naturally I would. However I am giving the Ravens a chance! Get to Tom Brady and almost any team can beat us. With players like Ngata and Suggs, they can definitely do that and did when they beat us two years ago at home. They beat us convincingly that game. As it happens I think the Pats are miles better now than they were in 2009, but we are still vulnerable.

Should be an ace game. Shame I can't watch it (have to goto stupid work )
    ahhhh, call in sick. You can't miss it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    ahhhh, call in sick. You can't miss it!!!!
    oh how I wish. However, if I don't go I don't get paid. And if I don't get paid, I can't afford Patriots-Rams tickets. THIS SUCKS.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm SO there for Patriots-Rams.

ReputationRep:
    Here we go, kickoff. If anyone needs a stream, PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Patriots are doing VERY well on defence so far. No first down for Ravens in the first nine minutes of play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    Here we go, kickoff. If anyone needs a stream, PM me.
    me please!

ReputationRep:
    Say what about Pats Defense?

Wilfork is a beast!

ReputationRep:
    Man Wilfork is the best. Class work by the pats so far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.