Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
punctuation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nightmare91)
we'll donate so much money that they create another place that you can apply for
This nearly made me spit out my drink! Yes, we'll do that and call it... Svxju... or something. It has to have an 'X' in it, anyway. :rolleyes:

What do your colleges' crests look like?

St John's:

Not the prettiest, but I don't mind. Still looks awesome.

(Original post by manic_fuzz)
i never said it has to rhyme, although, i do like a good rhyme now and again except from anything by e.e.cummings... his distorted grammar and layout just annoys me :lol:
Aww, I love e.e. cummings. Well, I don't love him, but I admire his style. xD

Oh, and... I was using a pencil a few days ago and realized it said 'Oxford Learning' (it's some tutor program in the area or something). Anyway, I had no idea where it came from... I took it as a sign.
manic_fuzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
Ahhh, finally finished!! 2363 words! It sounds like a piece of cake, but these were 18th century German poems to be fair

Rhys, Sven, I'll send it to you if you send me your emails SO PROUD OF MYSELF! My first German literary criticism essay!!!
WELL DONE! *sent*

(Original post by punctuation)
Aww, I love e.e. cummings. Well, I don't love him, but I admire his style. xD
:lol: i suppose his style is unique! but i swear some of his poems must have only taken him like 5 minutes to write
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Doesn't this scarf from the Oxford shop look pretty?
LonelySoul193
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry, I'll still be applying to Oxford. Though you may see a "Julie & Sven" quad pop up in one of your colleges...
Oh, we shall see about that

Or we'll donate so much money that they create another place that you can apply for
SUCH a cop out
nightmare91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[image

Doesn't this scarf from the Oxford shop look pretty?
Yea it is. I see it coming: Julie buying the whole Oxford shop empty this summer
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
x
You really are obsessed! In a good way ofc though
LonelySoul193
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You really are obsessed! In a good way ofc though
Highly unlikely of course, but I DO NOT want to be here if she doesn't get accepted
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LonelySoul193)
Highly unlikely of course, but I DO NOT want to be here if she doesn't get accepted
if she doesn't get accepted then the ground will crack, the skies will fall, and Oxford will lose the supercool 'X' from it's name D: So fingerscrossed that doesn't happen :lol:
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yea it is. I see it coming: Julie buying the whole Oxford shop empty this summer
Definitely! I already have my eye on a few things... they're just too pretty!

if she doesn't get accepted then the ground will crack, the skies will fall, and Oxford will lose the supercool 'X' from it's name D: So fingerscrossed that doesn't happen :lol:
You guys are too sweet <3
LonelySoul193
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You guys are too sweet <3
We are rather charming
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

You guys are too sweet &lt;3

We are rather charming
Oh now we are getting romantic <3 LOVE FOR EVERYONE Haha but yea, but they are right, Julie
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:love: *throws love confetti everywhere* :party:
Eldedu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
I love seeing the people halfway across the world log on when we ought to be going to bed

Just like to point out that I saw your post over in H&R the other day, saying that women like looks, intelligence and a good body, therefore you pride yourself not only on your fabulous conversation but also on your six pack, or words to that effect :lol: It made me giggle!
Indeed. It gives me the feeling that everybody is running away from me.

Jajajaja you saw that did you? Good, you know now how much of a superman I actually am.

I joke, it was more than slightly tongue-in-cheek (unless I have developed a six-pack today sitting in class) I do like to try and wind up peeps in the H&R section and I'm tired of all this "I'm a nice guy, why no women?" malarkey so yeah. Glad you enjoyed it
Eldedu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I'll be a laughing stock if all I end up going to is Oford. Sounds unmanly and frivolous. And all those cracks in the ground would be terribly detrimental to health and safety. Plus the fact that I've always been partial to a bit of unfallen sky myself.
SebCross
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I looooooooove Torchwood, and yes, if you like Doctor Who you'll like Torchwood, considering Torchwood is basically a more 'adult' spin-off of Doctor Who

Can't knock it till you've tried it

Indeed, indeed! You speak true =)
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We are rather charming
I concur! :lol:

(Original post by Eldedu)
Yeah I'll be a laughing stock if all I end up going to is Oford. Sounds unmanly and frivolous. And all those cracks in the ground would be terribly detrimental to health and safety. Plus the fact that I've always been partial to a bit of unfallen sky myself.
:lol: With the X Oxford is nothing... O.o
and really? I find fallen sky so much more creative and accessible to those of us who don't have the gift of flight
DracoDormiens
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:lol: Ahahaha okay maybe SuperWoman isn't the best person... mmm... maybe you should pretend you're Jane Austen or some other respected literary figure... brought back from the dead O.o
Thankyou, i'll try my hardest!
I should! Maybe I could be C.S Lewis back as a female? XD

I wish I could get this PS out of my head and onto paper!
manic_fuzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DracoDormiens)
I should! Maybe I could be C.S Lewis back as a female? XD

I wish I could get this PS out of my head and onto paper!
A reincarnation?! That's perfect!

Aww well just keep going! I just realised that i've done no work because i got home and immediately fell asleep for some reason i always fall asleep on last days of term

This summer is going to be packed.... A load of work to do, my UKCAT then my BMAT to revise for, a 10+ books reading list just for english lit, and all that while needing to go to festivals / the beach / oh for lunch / much needed shopping :lol:

ooooh, and how could i forget, RESULTS DAY :rolleyes:
wasting-time
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh, we shall see about that

SUCH a cop out
Out of interest, how did you get the running arcanine in your signature? I'm very jealous of it.
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This summer is going to be packed.... A load of work to do, my UKCAT then my BMAT to revise for, a 10+ books reading list just for english lit, and all that while needing to go to festivals / the beach / oh for lunch / much needed shopping :lol:

ooooh, and how could i forget, RESULTS DAY :rolleyes:
Wow your summer indeed looks packed. But same for me. Hope it's all worth it
When do you have to sit the BMAT btw?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads