Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bettymarge96)
    When I went to the open day they said cartmel was 'sleepy', so I discounted it. Like you, I want to work but I also want a good social atmosphere..hence grizedale. Other than cartmel the only other college I discounted was Lonsdale, just a bit too much party (and sooo sporty ahah). I know somebody who went to bowland, she loves it! It's in such a good location :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly the same!:yep: I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I think I'm going to put Grizedale and Bowland as my two options, they seem great! Do you know which subject you're going to choose for your minor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopoholic)
    Exactly the same!:yep: I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I think I'm going to put Grizedale and Bowland as my two options, they seem great! Do you know which subject you're going to choose for your minor?
    Good choice! Aha. I'll pm you so we don't take over the feed ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I would choose LSE any day but you should visit both and make your mind up.
    Hi mike,
    What a levels do you take out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0hd_J)
    Hi mike,
    What a levels do you take out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    m fm econ phys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    I just said that I had read into the course as I hadn't heard from UCL yet with regards to my Economics application. I said that I found the course extremely interesting, explained why I did and why I would be a good candidate for the degree.

I applied to change my course on Monday the 10th of March and got rejected on the Friday. But I was able to still be considered by the Econ and Business with east european studies degree because I applied to change before I was rejected.

In hindsight I think I am better suited to this degree as my interests have changed from September

You are so lucky! I should have done that... Now I got rejected on the last day and e-mailed them on that day but they will not consider me unless by extra. What should I do.

ReputationRep:
    I just said that I had read into the course as I hadn't heard from UCL yet with regards to my Economics application. I said that I found the course extremely interesting, explained why I did and why I would be a good candidate for the degree.

I applied to change my course on Monday the 10th of March and got rejected on the Friday. But I was able to still be considered by the Econ and Business with east european studies degree because I applied to change before I was rejected.

In hindsight I think I am better suited to this degree as my interests have changed from September

Does it mean I have to apply before their decision then?

ReputationRep:

Also one more question, does your UCAS changed for L100 and changed for the new offer again? Can they do that? Thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0hd_J)
    What a levels do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths, RS and Gov Pol. Took F.Maths and Spanish last year!

(Original post by SUNNYOX)
    You are so lucky! I should have done that... Now I got rejected on the last day and e-mailed them on that day but they will not consider me unless by extra. What should I do.
    So did email to change before you were rejected? If you did, you could still be considered I reckon. My UCAS rejection changed to an offer for the L1R7 course! I've firmed and insured now! Firmed UCL of course! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Maths, RS and Gov Pol. Took F.Maths and Spanish last year!

So did email to change before you were rejected? If you did, you could still be considered I reckon. My UCAS rejection changed to an offer for the L1R7 course! I've firmed and insured now! Firmed UCL of course! Good luck

Thank you. Where is your insurance then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUNNYOX)
    Thank you. Where is your insurance then?
    Queen Marys for Economics

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applied to study at Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    I got a condiional offer from University of Aberdeen and Edinburgh Napier University to study Economics and management/finance. If anyone doing the same talk to me!

I am from Barcelona by the way

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe the UCAS struggle is finally over, no more waiting around for track!

Good luck to all of you with meeting your offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzaacc)
    Finally received a reply from Warwick. A rejection. Though they offered me to be considered for A&F even though I didn't write anything about finance in my PS
    Sorry about your rejection, did they explain why you were rejected? And could you possibly tell us your GCSE or AS UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to study Economics at Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_ccjy)
    Guys any advice here! Just got rejected by Ucl but have offers from lse and Warwick. Which shld I choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!

Can I ask you your AS grades/percentages and GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still keen on Investment banking? Barclays slashing jobs etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebelV005)
    Anyone still keen on Investment banking? Barclays slashing jobs etc
    Yeh! is it on their website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_95)
    Yeh! is it on their website?
    Mate, I meant barclays are cutting jobs in the investment bank sector. Therefore, are u still keen, Even though there is little job security?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all those who have made their offers, I hope your A2s went well too. I am the first one to apply to uni and don't have an older sibling at uni to talk to therefore I thought I'd reach out for your help.

I would love to apply to the top unis to study Economics. My GCSEs weren't the best : 2A* 6A 4B, however I came from a very average state school. I have done my ASs hoping to get AAAAB (B in Critical Thinking). I am also starting my EPQ project. I have a good extra curricular list, read a lot on Economics and attend Lectures.

What UNIs might want to look at my application baring in mind i get the ASs and do well on EPQ and have a good Personal statement?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.