Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azg545)
    I still have to watch that movie

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    Awww, it's nice to finally have a face to the TSR name. Your hair looks good. :yep:
    Thanks , although it's not very ambitious. I really fancy having a more 'out there' look, but my hair is impossible to work with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyGreenAtheist)
    Thanks , although it's not very ambitious. I really fancy having a more 'out there' look, but my hair is impossible to work with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just grow it out for a while and then see what you can do. Or just shave it all off - that's pretty 'out there'

ReputationRep:
    Just grow it out for a while and then see what you can do. Or just shave it all off - that's pretty 'out there'
    Oh no. When it grows out, it grows out wildly. There's a picture in my year 11 year book of me really rocking the nutty professor hairdo. I looked ridiculous - my hair literally grows out horizontally and gets incredibly curly and unyielding.

I think bald might be a bit too transgressive. By 'out there', I was thinking maybe leaving another 1/4 inch on the top and taking it from there.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. When it grows out, it grows out wildly. There's a picture in my year 11 year book of me really rocking the nutty professor hairdo. I looked ridiculous - my hair literally grows out horizontally and gets incredibly curly and unyielding.

I think bald might be a bit too transgressive. By 'out there', I was thinking maybe leaving another 1/4 inch on the top and taking it from there.
    Ah year 11. I don't think anyone looked good in year 11. My hair was shocking (not that it's any better now).

To be honest it looks fine the way it is now. I'm all about the extremes though, that's why I suggested just getting rid of it all. I cut my hair super short in year 11 and, although it looked okay, I instantly regretted it.

ReputationRep:

:afro:

Also you lot are a very attractive bunch :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Ah year 11. I don't think anyone looked good in year 11. My hair was shocking (not that it's any better now).

To be honest it looks fine the way it is now. I'm all about the extremes though, that's why I suggested just getting rid of it all. I cut my hair super short in year 11 and, although it looked okay, I instantly regretted it.
    Ah, thanks, haha. Yeah, I think a conservative approach to hairstyle is probably the best for me, in terms of sparing embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks, haha. Yeah, I think a conservative approach to hairstyle is probably the best for me, in terms of sparing embarrassment.
    I live for embarrassing myself on a regular basis.

Just don't let people shave your head at York. One of my Chemistry friends shaved another Chemist's hair when drunk and he ended up with a massive bald patch on the side of his head. I nearly died when I saw him the next day. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyyx)
    :afro:

Also you lot are a very attractive bunch :perv:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368391900.213166.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  163.2 KB

I didn't want to have to post this, but if my hair was as symmetrical as that emoticon, I wouldn't be complaining so much, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live for embarrassing myself on a regular basis.

Just don't let people shave your head at York. One of my Chemistry friends shaved another Chemist's hair when drunk and he ended up with a massive bald patch on the side of his head. I nearly died when I saw him the next day. :rofl:
    That sounds like a good craic all the same, haha. I'm disturbingly well acquainted with drunken mishaps. I fell out of a taxi coming home in the early hours of Saturday morning, and have a rather nasty gash across my shin.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a good craic all the same, haha. I'm disturbingly well acquainted with drunken mishaps. I fell out of a taxi coming home in the early hours of Saturday morning, and have a rather nasty gash across my shin.
    He didn't mind, but they really did **** up his hair. Still makes me laugh now. Just wait until freshers, you'll have a million and one drunken mishaps. I lost my phone while drunk here (sad times). I hope your leg gets better soon.

I'm contemplating becoming a STYC for you freshers but I'm not so sure...

ReputationRep:
    He didn't mind, but they really did **** up his hair. Still makes me laugh now. Just wait until freshers, you'll have a million and one drunken mishaps. I lost my phone while drunk here (sad times). I hope your leg gets better soon.

I'm contemplating becoming a STYC for you freshers but I'm not so sure...
    It was a night of injuries for me - I got slapped twice and enthusiastically frisked by a bouncer. God help me come freshers.

What's a STYC?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368391900.213166.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  163.2 KB

I didn't want to have to post this, but if my hair was as symmetrical as that emoticon, I wouldn't be complaining so much, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, you look like Ted from how I met your mother in that picture for some reason?

I like the two curls at the front though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyyx)
    Hahaha, you look like Ted from how I met your mother in that picture for some reason?

I like the two curls at the front though!
    Thanks, I think

Rest assured, the two curls were completely incidental. That hairstyle took a new shape every morning I woke up - I think it was sentient.

ReputationRep:
    It was a night of injuries for me - I got slapped twice and enthusiastically frisked by a bouncer. God help me come freshers.

What's a STYC?
    Hahaha, I bet you loved that bouncer!

They're Second and Third Year Contacts. Basically we go out with all of you guys in the evening, make sure you're safe, etc. It's like another freshers week for us. We can also provide support if you're particularly struggling with being away from home and stuff.

I'm also worried some of you TSRians will recognise me when I'm not looking my best.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I bet you loved that bouncer!

They're Second and Third Year Contacts. Basically we go out with all of you guys in the evening, make sure you're safe, etc. It's like another freshers week for us. We can also provide support if you're particularly struggling with being away from home and stuff.

I'm also worried some of you TSRians will recognise me when I'm not looking my best.
    The cheek, he didn't even buy me dinner first.

Oh I seeee. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but should I get into York, I think I'm James-bound. I'm not sure if STYCs are college specific?

Honestly, I'm more worried for myself, now that I've ingratiated myself with the denizens of the TSR York firmers page. I don't think I have ever returned from a night out thinking "Well done, Tom. You've had an enjoyable time without doing anything that you'll regret in the morning". If I do ever think that, I swiftly rectify the issue with a drunken phone call or a haphazard attempt at cooking something.

ReputationRep:
    The cheek, he didn't even buy me dinner first.

Oh I seeee. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but should I get into York, I think I'm James-bound. I'm not sure if STYCs are college specific?

Honestly, I'm more worried for myself, now that I've ingratiated myself with the denizens of the TSR York firmers page. I don't think I have ever returned from a night out thinking "Well done, Tom. You've had an enjoyable time without doing anything that you'll regret in the morning". If I do ever think that, I swiftly rectify the issue with a drunken phone call or a haphazard attempt at cooking something.
    That is disgusting! I hope he at least bought you a drink.

James? JAMES? Sorry, but you're not going to have as much fun there. STYCs are college specific yes. I believe, in James, 2nd years are called Mums and Dads and 3rd years are called Grandmas and Grandpas.

The worst thing I've ever done is send a highly inappropriate picture to a guy. Didn't remember doing it until he asked if I'd meant to send it to him. I will never live that down.

ReputationRep:
    That is disgusting! I hope he at least bought you a drink.

James? JAMES? Sorry, but you're not going to have as much fun there. STYCs are college specific yes. I believe, in James, 2nd years are called Mums and Dads and 3rd years are called Grandmas and Grandpas.

The worst thing I've ever done is send a highly inappropriate picture to a guy. Didn't remember doing it until he asked if I'd meant to send it to him. I will never live that down.
    Nope, no drink. Not even a "How'd you do?". I felt extremely violated.

Maybe not, but I'm a stickler for the flashy rooms they have! Truth be told, it'll probably go down to what's available when I get the email. Derwent's a comfortable second place :P.

Oh, there's a long, long, long list of my drunken misadventures. Just from Friday night, I got off with a girl from the Far East - she kissed me quite romantically and asked how I liked it - I replied that it was "sweet, but sour" and she slapped me quite hard across the cheek. It sounded funnier in my head, and as I was in a club, I had to shout it quite loudly 3 times for her to hear it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.