Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassamalam)
    hey can anybody tell my chances for economics with 5A* 2A in gcse(maths, eco business, accounts, islamiat and then Pak studied -english
    and 4 As in AS level but with combination of ECO, Business,Maths, Accounts. Had a gud PS as well. Thanks in advance.
    How come you only have 7 GCSEs? Your GCSEs may not hold you back but there is a possibility that your AS choices might hold you back. You only have one facilitating subject and Business and Accounting really aren't respectable subjects. And economics at LSE is more competitive than anywhere else in the country. But I wish you the best with that and there is still hope that you will get in because you had high grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Unconditional offer for Law, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations.Thats incredible :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB77)
    Offer for Philosophy and Economics!!! submitted mid-October, 6 weeks into my 5 week email
    Nice looks like we're going to be coursemates

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comebackasfire7)
    Are you international ?
    No I am a home applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish people were as willing to admit to getting rejections as they are to getting offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyTractor)
    I wish people were as willing to admit to getting rejections as they are to getting offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they are however, very few must have been given out yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional for Law at LSE yesterday. Anyone know what the girls are like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    I think they are however, very few must have been given out yesterday
    They clearly aren't. Everyone goes on about how competitive LSE is. For every offer, several rejections are given out and yet on this thread, you see hardly anyone declaring a rejection, and dozens going on about their offers. It's the same for all the other university threads. Obviously people aren't as keen to share bad news, but still, it paints a very inaccurate picture.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I think offers are given on Thursday and rejections on Friday. That seemed the case last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik13)
    Omg!! Congrats! Where are you applying from again? How far into your "strongest application" email were you?
    Thank you! I'm a home applicant. I was 2 weeks into the strongest applicant email.

ReputationRep:
    They clearly aren't. Everyone goes on about how competitive LSE is. For every offer, several rejections are given out and yet on this thread, you see hardly anyone declaring a rejection, and dozens going on about their offers. It's the same for all the other university threads. Obviously people aren't as keen to share bad news, but still, it paints a very inaccurate picture.
    I've been following this thread closely for the past 5 weeks or so and i have seen quite a few people who have been rejected. A couple of weeks ago there was a mass rejection i think on a friday. Also, i think the students here tend to be of the highest calibre and so are more likely to be accepted hence the skew.

ReputationRep:
    So you guys think its gonna be all rejections today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solaars)
    Wow that's good, now what are you going to do?
    Well played!
    Now I wait to hear from Oxford (although my interviews didn't go particularly well).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xopf)
    So you guys think its gonna be all rejections today?
    Amid lots of bad news i think that there will be offers given because yesterday i noticed there was certain departments eg law, maths and econ (or something like that) which gave out the offers yesterday whilst others eg A+F which were very quiet.

ReputationRep:
    I waited 6 months last year for a rejection. I hope it's not a repeat with that this time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes i agree. Not only that, some people have lied before on this thread of getting offers. But yes the student room normally has the best applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Any news for History? 7 weeks for me tomorrow, got the 4 week email 2 weeks ago. Praying I don't get a rejection tomorrow.... It will ruin my Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had an offer for Government and History, if thay helps. It came through last night Good luck to you! Just remember that whatever is meant to be will be! GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    I've been following this thread closely for the past 5 weeks or so and i have seen quite a few people who have been rejected. A couple of weeks ago there was a mass rejection i think on a friday. Also, i think the students here tend to be of the highest calibre and so are more likely to be accepted hence the skew.

oh my god, i hope no email comes in today....

did anyone hear about stats with finance??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik13)
    Congrats!!! Where are you applying from? When did you submit your application/How far into your "strongest application in this cycle" were you?
    Thanks! I'm a home applicant, and submitted my UCAS at the start of October Today marks the 3rd week of my 4-week email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I think offers are given on Thursday and rejections on Friday. That seemed the case last week.
    For last week, offers were mainly given out on Thursday...There were some rejections on Fri., but also a few people including me, got the 4-weeks email. (There is no way I can get my result before AO are off for their holiday...Probably, have to wait until next year)

So, Friday is not only for rejections. Hold on the hope!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.