Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Watford being promoted with four manages in one season. **** you, stability.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I want to see Bournemouth up, I hope we win tonight to make final day more of a spectacle.

ReputationRep:
    Championship linesmen and commentators are dreadfullllllll
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Really fancy a Norwich-Ipswich play-off final, but it doesn't seem to be likely given the fact they will both probably finish 4th and 5th respectively, thus drawing each other for the semi's.

ReputationRep:
    As an Ipswich fan I am kind of indifferent to who was going to get automatic promotion this week but when that final whistle went and Bournemouth who 6 years ago were on the verge of the Vanarama Conference went in to the Premier league I was smiling. The right teams are going up.

Also on August 8th, AFC Bournemouth will be top of the premier league because of the A in their name haha crazy stuff in such a short time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Colchester-Preston on Sky Sports this weekend. My word that'll be ****.

ReputationRep:
    There's also 2 Championship games on at 12:15 on Saturday. I was expecting it to be Charlton vs Bournemouth if Bournemouth didn't win tonight. Now I expect it to be Wolves vs Millwall & Wigan vs Brentford. As it's the only two games to feature teams with something to play for. The rest play midtable teams.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Bournemouth. They may have been given 3 dodgy decisions against us this season, but they certainly deserve to be going up!Probably waiting for the Rotherham match on Tues, if they win it'll be Derby and Brentford games, they lose and it'll be ours and Brentfords game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Congrats to Bournemouth. They may have been given 3 dodgy decisions against us this season, but they certainly deserve to be going up!Probably waiting for the Rotherham match on Tues, if they win it'll be Derby and Brentford games, they lose and it'll be ours and Brentfords game.
    They've been getting dodgy decisions all season! I saw a graph recently about the number of penalties and red cards that went for them and they were head and shoulders above any other team in the league.

Can't wait to hear about "little old Bournemouth" every week on MOTD now :rolleyes:

I swear I'm not bitter.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Knives are already out on social media for Bournemouth due to their wealthy backing. Ridiculous envy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Knives are already out on social media for Bournemouth due to their wealthy backing. Ridiculous envy.
    They're hardly QPR/Leicester. I think out of the top 6 they have the 4th best squad, behind Norwich, 'Boro & Derby (and arguably Watford, then there's teams like Fulham, Cardiff & Forest that pound for pound you could say are stronger than Bournemouth too)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    They're hardly QPR/Leicester. I think out of the top 6 they have the 4th best squad, behind Norwich, 'Boro & Derby (and arguably Watford, then there's teams like Fulham, Cardiff & Forest that pound for pound you could say are stronger than Bournemouth too)
    Pugh £80k, Arter £4k, Francis £30k, Daniels £200k, Ritchie £500k.

Peanuts really.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds linked with Floyd-Hasselbaink.

Don't do it Jimmy, it's a cursed job. You're building something brilliant at Burton, moving to Leeds under the current circumstances would be a step backwards.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst Bournemouth do have a Russian billionaire owner, they're no Chelsea in terms of transfer activity

ReputationRep:
    Pugh £80k, Arter £4k, Francis £30k, Daniels £200k, Ritchie £500k.

Peanuts really.
    *cough* Wilson for £2.5m *cough*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Whilst Bournemouth do have a Russian billionaire owner, they're no Chelsea in terms of transfer activity
    Yes they clearly would have gone up twice without his investment. I know it's bitter, but sodding Bournemouth in the PL while my lot might be in League 2? What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    *cough* Wilson for £2.5m *cough*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only after selling Grabban for more than that.

The knives being out for them this early is ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    Only after selling Grabban for more than that.

The knives being out for them this early is ludicrous.
    A lot of it is from footballing Scrooges like myself who think it's a joke that clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley get to be in the PL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    A lot of it is from footballing Scrooges like myself who think it's a joke that clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley get to be in the PL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is it a joke? This is the best team in Bournemouth history, they've scored the highest amount of Championship goals in a season ever bar one, and they've been frighteningly consistent and energetic under Howe's guidance.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it a joke? This is the best team in Bournemouth history, they've scored the highest amount of Championship goals in a season ever bar one, and they've been frighteningly consistent and energetic under Howe's guidance.
    It's not a joke because it's undeserved, it's a joke because it's...Bournemouth for crying out loud. As I said I'd probably be less bitter if my own team didn't have the prospect of League 2 football next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.