Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leumas9)
    Offer from DLA Piper!
    Congratulations! Which office?! Well done

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone had any examples of competency questions they had been asked at interview, outside of the obvious (innovative solution, teamwork, pressurised situation, communication, leadership)?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experience of the Nabarro partner interview at the AC? Was it okay?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kadov)
    I interviewed, unsuccesfully, for Mayer Brown on the 22nd January. A friend had his interview the week after too.
    Ah, thank you. I can look forward to that delayed PFO with joy so. Hard luck on yours too.

ReputationRep:
    No sweat, the forty minutes I endured in that office were enough to take any sting off the PFO! The Nabarro partner interview was super relaxed- just a chat about you, the things they found interesting on your form and why you felt the law and Nabarro suited you going forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kadov)
    No sweat, the forty minutes I endured in that office were enough to take any sting off the PFO! The Nabarro partner interview was super relaxed- just a chat about you, the things they found interesting on your form and why you felt the law and Nabarro suited you going forward.
    ah thank you, that has definitely put my mind at rest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sports007)
    Congratulations! Which office?! Well done
    Thank you and Liverpool office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD2015)
    Hey, in relation to the White & Case video interview can I ask what questions/ type of questions were asked? Any information would be much appreciated!

Also, has anyone heard back from Wragge or Mayer Brown?
    What stage are you at for Wragge? Post telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    how many here are third year
    I'm third year, but I'm non-law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 3rd year but I'm on my year abroad in France so penultimate year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123_maggie)
    Walker morris assessment centre!!
    Anyone else?
    same here! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    CMS Placement offer yay!! They even said they thought my analysis exercise was one of the best they had seen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastination1)
    BLP AC in March, anyone have any tips on what to expect?
    may i ask when did you apply? I haven't heard back after doing the online test.

ReputationRep:
    Since the weekend, I have gone from 2 PFOs and 2 Interviews to 5 PFOs and waiting on 6 (with 1 post-interview!)

ReputationRep:
    Yep, 3rd year non-law

ReputationRep:
    Any third year law students?

didnt get a vac scheme in second year (worked in a high street law firm for a month though) and have done nothing for final year (focus time). Anyone else in same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Since the weekend, I have gone from 2 PFOs and 2 Interviews to 5 PFOs and waiting on 6 (with 1 post-interview!)
    take heart! I have gotten 6 PFOs from UK offices, though I have A & O case study next week for HK office. banking on that now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chasingtruths)
    take heart! I have gotten 6 PFOs from UK offices, though I have A & O case study next week for HK office. banking on that now.
    Good luck for case study! I'm sure you'll do great I have a number of firms that I am applying to this month that I feel I am probably more suited to so fingers crossed for us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    I feel like SUCH an idiot!

I felt my CMS application was VERY strong, but got rejected.

Today, when I was going through my application emails, it turns out that I didn't complete the CMS WG test because I took their email to be a simple acknowledgement email, ergo rejection. FML

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!
    if it makes you feel better you just made me find out the reason for my CMS rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Try not to be disheartened, you've been shortlisted for a number of interviews which is great!

As someone else on this thread said, I do believe the hunt for a TC can be a numbers game and everyone needs a bit of luck.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.