Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I still haven't received the citi tests after applying in October, whist I know people who applied in November who have received the tests... Is this normal or should I expect a rejection coming my way then?
    I got my numerical about a month after and completed it. It's been over 2 weeks now since i did it but haven't heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
    I am still waiting on a response... How long did it take for them to get back to with a decision?
    Applied November 22nd, got my response in about a month.

ReputationRep:
    LOL this is not happening. Applied to waitrose as a supermarket assistant and even for this just got the email 'thank you for your application competition is fierce blabla you are rejected'. This was the last bullet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashzeJ)
    LOL this is not happening. Applied to waitrose as a supermarket assistant and even for this just got the email 'thank you for your application competition is fierce blabla you are rejected'. This was the last bullet
    Remember, it's harder to get a job at wall-mart than goldman sachs

ReputationRep:
    Oh I second this, there's a Costa coffee next to where I live which made the papers after there were 70000 applications for 6 spots....kinda makes SWs look like a piece of piss

ReputationRep:
    KFC Spring week applications anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    KFC Spring week applications anyone?
    2nd round interview. Competency questions/technicals.. should hear a response in 2 weeks. Good luck! Applied to drivethrough checkout kiosk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    2nd round interview. Competency questions/technicals.. should hear a response in 2 weeks. Good luck! Applied to drivethrough checkout kiosk.
    You should of applied for a front kitchen role, more fries bonuses i have my phone interview next week. How did you find the numerical?

ReputationRep:
    You should of applied for a front kitchen role, more fries bonuses i have my phone interview next week. How did you find the numerical?
    It was alright, same provider as BK. I think there should've been a little more time to answer all the questions. Didn't want to take my chances too much on client facing role as my experience is quite limited. Hopefully can convert to summer.

ReputationRep:
    A few weeks ago I entered the GS student challenge, submitting a CV alongside my actual challenge application. However since then I've done some editing to my CV. Im going to apply for their spring week too. Do you think I need to submit the same CV or can I submit an edited one?

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL wtf. Maybe over qualified. These places sniff out candidates who will move on at the next job opening as they have scope to land much better jobs in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    It was alright, same provider as BK. I think there should've been a little more time to answer all the questions. Didn't want to take my chances too much on client facing role as my experience is quite limited. Hopefully can convert to summer.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419633450.157958.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  35.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omatm)
    A few weeks ago I entered the GS student challenge, submitting a CV alongside my actual challenge application. However since then I've done some editing to my CV. Im going to apply for their spring week too. Do you think I need to submit the same CV or can I submit an edited one?
    You can submit an edited one, I would imagine.

ReputationRep:
    McDs Kiosk AC invite. Tips anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard10i)
    I'm having the same issue, it's pissing me off lol. Seems like a glitch, fingers crossed its not..
    Going to do the Barclays numerical after the holiday season ends and I have some peace and quiet in my house lol, how did you find the situational judgement test? is it like the RBS one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    make sure you know the basics, i.e mayo chicken 99p etc

ReputationRep:
    make sure you know the basics, i.e mayo chicken 99p etc
    Do you reckon it'll be technical?

ReputationRep:
    They really focus on timwork so in group session mek sure to let ovas voice their opinions on how to deal with customer complaint. Also hR look for strong competency in commercial awareness, no what's happening to other burger store prices and adjust ur store one accordingly. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys I was wondering if it's too late to apply for spring week now? I know the applications are still open but given that most of them are on a rolling basis there is a big chance most of the places are filled anyways?

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon it'll be technical?
    Yeh, you will need to know how to differentiate 7up and pepsi etc.. and what size cup to use. there's good guides for those online. If you go front kitchen role, you might get asked to give example of when you faced a difficult situation with client.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.