Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Sure does (bar the expense):awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might have to get a real job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alllisx)
    Finally received all my offers (conditional) any suggestions on what to firm/insurance?
    LSE, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham, Edinburgh (all for straight Econ)
    Thanks in advance!!! really appreciate it (i'm an international student by the way)
    Which did u just hear from?

Firm LSE insure edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    I might have to get a real job
    Ah I think i'm just going to rely on student loans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You reckon that'll be enough???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    You reckon that'll be enough???
    Probably not tbh:cry:
    Lots of people get away with just relying on loans whilst studying in London so we should be fine, just need to economize I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll probably need that and your whole bank overdraft to live in London lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finally received all my offers (conditional) any suggestions on what to firm/insurance?
    Thanks in advance!!! really appreciate it (i'm an international student by the way)
    If you're confident getting an A*, firm LSE insure Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    Which did u just hear from?

Firm LSE insure edinburgh
    I just heard from LSE!!

ReputationRep:
    firm lse, insurance ucl. That's what I did

ReputationRep:
    I'm undecided between Bath and Durham for Economics. Offers are identical (A*AA). Which one is better????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics96)
    I'm undecided between Bath and Durham for Economics. Offers are identical (A*AA). Which one is better????
    I feel like Durham has a far better reputation, and is lovely never been to Bath though

ReputationRep:
    I think bath's course is meant to be more mathematical than Durham's

If I was you I'd look at all compulsory and optional modules offered by the two universities and then see what fits you best 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    I think bath's course is meant to be more mathematical than Durham's

If I was you I'd look at all compulsory and optional modules offered by the two universities and then see what fits you best ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks alot, I appreciate the advice. Hope you get the grades for Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredhovis)
    Thanks for the advice! Only thing putting me off Industrial Economics at Nottingham is that it's not on the main campus (Jubilee Campus)... don't know what difference that will make when I'm there, does anyone know much about it?
    I used to live in Nottingham and went to the uni a lot as my dad worked there, the campuses are close and there are buses all the time, and both campuses are lovely so don't worry about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not much to choose between them in terms of job prospects, so have a look at modules (but it's hard to know what you will like before you start uni as I found) so I'd think of which place you'd rather live

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position as you. I'm currently thinking of firming bath due mainly to the industrial placement year and, as has been stated, it seems more maths focused as its a BSc rather than a BA. I'm going to the Durham open day on Tuesday though so it could still win me over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    I feel like Durham has a far better reputation, and is lovely never been to Bath though
    From what I've read Durham sounds more 'prestigious' but Bath also has the work placement year. Hhmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFR)
    Not much to choose between them in terms of job prospects, so have a look at modules (but it's hard to know what you will like before you start uni as I found) so I'd think of which place you'd rather live

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hadn't thought of looking at the modules, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisjones)
    I'm in the same position as you. I'm currently thinking of firming bath due mainly to the industrial placement year and, as has been stated, it seems more maths focused as its a BSc rather than a BA. I'm going to the Durham open day on Tuesday though so it could still win me over
    Hahaha im thinking of firming Durham purely because it has less maths. Yeh I guess the open day will be a big factor for me as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.