The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
**** Evans might be suspended for the fa cup match, definitely improves United's chance of winning

With any luck he'll be suspended for the rest of the season :colondollar:

Now Carrick is back its unlikely he'd have played anyway, Blind will move to LB if Shaw isn't fit and Rojo goes back into the centre with Smalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
With any luck he'll be suspended for the rest of the season :colondollar:

Now Carrick is back its unlikely he'd have played anyway, Blind will move to LB if Shaw isn't fit and Rojo goes back into the centre with Smalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blind is slow on the turn when it comes to recovering, its a thing that has stood out in the past few games.
(edited 9 years ago)
City would give us £30m for Walcott and I'd be tempted tbh...

Walcott is an effective player and is a 15 goal a season winger, likes a big game too, but he's definitely not irreplaceable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Ozil should just go back to Spain or Germany, this country doesn't deserve him. We rate players who run fast or put in a lot of effort, but hate those who have the skill to be able to avoid doing either (in Ozil's case, he actually does all three).

It's pathetic how Di Maria is always 'about to come good and justify his price' but Ozil is always 'never going to reach his potential, is a flop'.

Ozil is a waste of money he's not worth 42m. He's injury prone and even when he plays he doesn't have the impact on the game to justify his price tag. He is a great playmaker but it doesn't mean he's worth it. Di Maria is a waste of money also.
£30M would probably have been about par for Ozil tbh
Original post by Zürich
City would give us £30m for Walcott and I'd be tempted tbh...

Walcott is an effective player and is a 15 goal a season winger, likes a big game too, but he's definitely not irreplaceable.

Nah we should sell to Liverpool, City would just waste him. Liverpool would actually try to play him and fit him in the system and in that system he and Liverpool would be deadly I have no doubt.
Original post by al_94
Ozil is a waste of money he's not worth 42m. He's injury prone and even when he plays he doesn't have the impact on the game to justify his price tag. He is a great playmaker but it doesn't mean he's worth it. Di Maria is a waste of money also.

The trend i've been noticing is that Real Madrid players in the past few seasons when moving here have been flops but Barca players moving here have been big hits.
Original post by al_94

What more do you expect of Ozil? He has one of the best assist-to-minutes played ratios in the PL, scores a few goals every now and then, runs around more than anyone else in our team. He is one of the best players in his role, and in this market, that means 42m well spent. I swear people just want some workhorse like Henderson that is cheap, so they can then go on to complain Wenger never spends any money, and keeps buying rubbish.

Original post by Numan786
The trend i've been noticing is that Real Madrid players in the past few seasons when moving here have been flops but Barca players moving here have been big hits.

Barca tend to create class, Madrid tend to buy it.
**** Evans might be suspended for the fa cup match, definitely improves United's chance of winning

Oh ffs. For ****s sake. :angry:

Also, good to see Di Maria getting smashed by the media. Bout time. It's not everyday Ozil this Ozil that. Balance is restored.

That and the fact that Mertesacker now has to start cos Gabriel's done his hammy. Going for a 3-1 to United.
Original post by AliRizzo
That and the fact that Mertesacker now has to start cos Gabriel's done his hammy. Going for a 3-1 to United.

Lol.
Original post by Lúcio
Lol.

Hello again. Why lol?
Original post by AliRizzo
Hello again. Why lol?

Because you made a post about football.
I found that funny.

:smile:
Need to beat Utd so we can go on to stop Liverpool from winning it and win it ourselves. TBF Utd do pretty well against liverpool too.
Original post by Arkasia
What more do you expect of Ozil? He has one of the best assist-to-minutes played ratios in the PL, scores a few goals every now and then, runs around more than anyone else in our team. He is one of the best players in his role, and in this market, that means 42m well spent. I swear people just want some workhorse like Henderson that is cheap, so they can then go on to complain Wenger never spends any money, and keeps buying rubbish.

I don't expect anything from Ozil that's not the point. We shouldn't have purchased him anyway. He is injury prone since he came to the BPL missed 2 months last season and 3 months this season. You don't spend 42m on a player with those kind of injuries. I will continue to complain about Wenger because there is a trend with his transfers. He's only ever spent big on wingers and attacking midfielders. He will not splash the cash on a defensive mid, centre back or striker. We needed a striker last season and Wenger went and spent 42m on an injury prone playmaker. I believe we could have won the league if we signed a striker last season. Wenger then goes on to buy Welbeck and never plays him as a striker so why did we even buy him? We have so many wingers and don't need Welbeck in that position.
(edited 9 years ago)
The idea that if we signed a striker last season but not Ozil instead we'd of "won the league" is false. Ozil played a great part in our form for the first half of the season.
Ozil gets way too much **** that he simply doesn't deserve, islamophobia in the media innit, ****ing daily mail, it all makes sense why they hate him now.

The pricks, he could score ten consecutive hatricks and 50 assists while covering 20km a game and the Daily Mail would probably then print an article saying that he supports ISIS or some *******s.
Sort of hate the fact united are **** now, it makes me optimistic that we'll win, its the hope that kills...
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oh ffs. For ****s sake. :angry:

Also, good to see Di Maria getting smashed by the media. Bout time. It's not everyday Ozil this Ozil that. Balance is restored.

Do Maria has been asking for it, but both have the same issue, managers not utilising them properly and adjusting to a physical league.

Its no coincidence that we've started killing it now Ozils back, expect Di Maria will come good though, he'll never justify the £60mil but he'll still become one of the best in the pl. Don't get why Mata isnt starting for United, could see him leaving them at the end of the season
Original post by al_94
I don't expect anything from Ozil that's not the point. We shouldn't have purchased him anyway. He is injury prone since he came to the BPL missed 2 months last season and 3 months this season. You don't spend 42m on a player with those kind of injuries. I will continue to complain about Wenger because there is a trend with his transfers. He's only ever spent big on wingers and attacking midfielders. He will not splash the cash on a defensive mid, centre back or striker. We needed a striker last season and Wenger went and spent 42m on an injury prone playmaker. I believe we could have won the league if we signed a striker last season. Wenger then goes on to buy Welbeck and never plays him as a striker so why did we even buy him? We have so many wingers and don't need Welbeck in that position.

We were dominating the league last season for the most part. If we needed a striker, it would have to have been in the Jan transfer window. Who could we have signed? Berbatov? de Jong? No world class striker would leave their team in the middle of the season unless they were literally being shoved out by the club. It's all well and good saying 'we *might* have won if we signed a striker', but that's like me saying 'I *might* have got laid if I pulled a hot girl at my chess tournament'. Conjecture doesn't help anything. So what did Wenger do? The next best thing - he planned for the future. He had steadied out the club, hadn't sold anyone important, so he went in for a marquee signing. I firmly believe we might not have got Alexis if we didn't already have Ozil, because for the darling child of Madrid to come to Arsenal, it sent out a message that we meant business, and it laid foundations for the future.

Original post by AR_95
The idea that if we signed a striker last season but not Ozil instead we'd of "won the league" is false. Ozil played a great part in our form for the first half of the season.

This as well. I think Ozil is just so good at being the man in the shadows pulling the strings, that people just genuinely don't notice him on the pitch, so they claim he is rubbish.
but who seriously thinks wenger should keep his job? He's kept us stagnant for how many years. I wasn't even impressed with the FA Cup last year

Latest