• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    And I hate my family again:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :console: did it look cool where you are at least?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    meh, I guess? not sure what I was really expecting... was just weird. thought it would be more dark too. meh. anyway im glad I got up otherwise I would have regretted missing it. how you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    meh, I guess? not sure what I was really expecting... was just weird. thought it would be more dark too. meh. anyway im glad I got up otherwise I would have regretted missing it. how you doing?
    I thought it was okay, was more impressed by the total eclipse though, partly cause I was a kid at the time though!

I'm okayish I guess, need sleep and feeling very bleak about life but I dunno what can be done about that really, not even sure I can do voluntary work tbh.

:hugs: big hugs as always!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    I thought it was okay, was more impressed by the total eclipse though, partly cause I was a kid at the time though!

I'm okayish I guess, need sleep and feeling very bleak about life but I dunno what can be done about that really, not even sure I can do voluntary work tbh.

:hugs: big hugs as always!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't remember the total eclipse, I was like 4 I think.
    really sorry to hear youre feeling so bleak - could you consider doing a voluntary job that was very little hours or one where you can pick up shifts as an when you want them? not sure I can think of an example, but for nightline here I only have to do 3 shifts a term so I can pick and choose when I want to do it. Hoping you will be getting more support from the CMHT soon? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the total eclipse, I was like 4 I think.
    really sorry to hear youre feeling so bleak - could you consider doing a voluntary job that was very little hours or one where you can pick up shifts as an when you want them? not sure I can think of an example, but for nightline here I only have to do 3 shifts a term so I can pick and choose when I want to do it. Hoping you will be getting more support from the CMHT soon? :hugs:
    Dunno, just worried if it's set hours that either sleep or anxiety will mean I don't got hopefully but it's MH services so **** knows if they'll even respond to my being "urgently" referred to them :rolleyes: just hoping I can at least review my mess but can't see GP now till May cause there away. Got therapy on the 31sf but not sure what they can do as they want to hear my med review too. Sorry for being pessimistic about things just I have no real faith in the services to help me tbh. Right now my plan is to hope that alcohol and my girlfriend get me through the next month or so. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    friend is being really triggering and dont kno w what to do.

cant stop shaking/.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    shouldn't have looked at the solar eclipse, have had an awful headache since. for a science student im really not very sensible.
    Same. Spent the morning shouting at pupils for it and then did it myself anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sill in hospital but my section has been changed from section 2 to sec 3 I hate it here There is nothing to do apart from lie in bed thinking bad things over and over

My health anxiety is getting flat out of control. Please someone say something comforting xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    Sill in hospital but my section has been changed from section 2 to sec 3 I hate it here There is nothing to do apart from lie in bed thinking bad things over and over
    That sucks. :hugs: I hope you get well enough to leave soon.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    My health anxiety is getting flat out of control. Please someone say something comforting xxx
    :console:

Are you getting any help dealing with the health anxiety?

(Original post by Cinnie)
    You'be got us sweet! Hopefully you won't have to be there too long but for now it's good you have your phone or laptop :hugs:

You've*
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Big hugs. What kinda things are you worried about atm? Like, how is your health anxiety manifesting? :console:

(Original post by Pathway)
    Hope so. Guess I'm just sick of everything atm - not sure how to cope. :dontknow: Feel like I'm drowning. Still haven't made an appointment to see my GP, too scared.

I'm sure you'll get up to date! I'm behind too, can't seem to motivate myself to care though. Glad iTunes is helping you feel better. :console:
    Please do make that appointment with the GP. She sounded like she cared and wanted to help. Unfortunately GPs have so many patients that she probably doesn't have time to chase you herself, so it's important you make that step and get in touch :yes:

As for how to deal with your friend, just tell her nicely that she's triggering you and that you need some space :sadnod:

(Original post by CescaD96)
    I feel anxious even about the screening for CBT. I guess that's why they're screening, to get me the best therapist possible for me.

I knew the depression one was coming, that was a given, but the social anxiety disorder threw me a little bit but makes complete sense.
    Fingers crossed for you that the screening goes better than you might expect

(Original post by Sabertooth)

:console:

Are you getting any help dealing with the health anxiety?

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Big hugs. What kinda things are you worried about atm? Like, how is your health anxiety manifesting itself :console:
    thanks guys

Well I'm housebound with various problems and the primary care MH say I have to go to them and the secondary care say I'm not bad enough to be visited regularly at home. Bit of a nightmare for my doc who speaks to me on the phone and obviously knows I'm bad enough...

He's gonna have another word with them but it's so lonely and isolating

Everything you can imagine from head to toe, from twitch to pain...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Fingers crossed for you that the screening goes better than you might expect
    Thanks. :jumphug:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    thanks guys

Well I'm housebound with various problems and the primary care MH say I have to go to them and the secondary care say I'm not bad enough to be visited regularly at home. Bit of a nightmare for my doc who speaks to me on the phone and obviously knows I'm bad enough...

He's gonna have another word with them but it's so lonely and isolating

Everything you can imagine from head to toe, from twitch to pain...
    Hmm, that does sound like a very difficult situation So your health anxiety is about things you currently suffer with? As opposed to worrying about things you might get/worrying about death? :console:

ReputationRep:

Please do make that appointment with the GP. She sounded like she cared and wanted to help. Unfortunately GPs have so many patients that she probably doesn't have time to chase you herself, so it's important you make that step and get in touch :yes:

As for how to deal with your friend, just tell her nicely that she's triggering you and that you need some space :sadnod:
    Just feel like a wwaste of time. I'm not very deserving of help.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think the bad things happened to me because I deserved it and therefore I don't deserve help to get better?

I told her to get a hold of her CPN, I don't know what else to suggest and haven't seen her in person for years now. I'm so useless. Don't know what to do.

Hmm, that does sound like a very difficult situation So your health anxiety is about things you currently suffer with? As opposed to worrying about things you might get/worrying about death? :console:
    It's both to be honest. It just crowds out everything I do, everything I eat, touch (so hygiene)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Just feel like a wwaste of time. I'm not very deserving of help.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think the bad things happened to me because I deserved it and therefore I don't deserve help to get better?

I told her to get a hold of her CPN, I don't know what else to suggest and haven't seen her in person for years now. I'm so useless. Don't know what to do.
    That's not how the world works and I think you do know that deep down. You didn't deserve what happened to you. What happened to you has happened to others in MHSS - you wouldn't say that they deserved it, now, would you? So why say something of yourself that you wouldn't say of others? :dontknow:

Telling your friend to get hold of her CPN is the best advice you could have given her. It's not your responsibility. You are NOT useless :nah:

It's both to be honest. It just crowds out everything I do, everything I eat, touch (so hygiene)
    I hope you don't mind me asking this: do you suffer from OCD? It sounds like whatever's going on is very debilitating for/to you. Can you not leave the house because of your conditions or is it because you are afraid to leave the house?

ReputationRep:
    mnged to do some revsion for the frist time in forever.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.