Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonstran)
    This is pretty much the reason I'm turning down Kings. Even if those on here claiming Kings offers with 18 or 20 or whatever are a bunch of trolls, there is no way I'm sitting in a class with 23 LNATs. No offense but clearly UCL are much more discerning on this point which is really going to matter when it comes to being able to do moots, reasoning, etc. together.

Decided once and for all. Don't even think I'll bother with the offers day. UCL all the way. That and they don't offer money to get people, either.
    Looool this is actually funny! You do realise that Cambridge scrapped the LNAT as their research found no correlation between high score and performance at degree level. It's hardly a measure of how well someone will perform if at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Your hurt feelings are duly noted, princess.
    Conveniently forgetting that I got 26 in that and have offers from KCL, UCL and LSE...
    No need to have my feelings hurt by what you said, I'm not the one desperate to find an excuse to look down on others, nor am I the actual target of your silly comments.

As I said, you exhibit great mooting potential right here. I'm sure UCL will be proud of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabruttledge)
    Looool this is actually funny! You do realise that Cambridge scrapped the LNAT as their research found no correlation between high score and performance at degree level. It's hardly a measure of how well someone will perform if at all.
    How do you get this ****** out the thread ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I got 26
    *snigger*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Your hurt feelings are duly noted, princess.
    My LNAT score was 18, I got an offer from Nottingham. It don't mean anything bruv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Efoster221)
    My LNAT score was 18, I got an offer from Nottingham. It don't mean anything bruv
    What were your GCSEs, AS and predicted if you don't mind me asking?
    and when did you apply?

I am still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    does anyone know what time durham offers usually come through?
    On the 19th I got this unprompted email from them: Thank you for your application to Durham University. If you have received an offer from us - congratulations! If you are still waiting for a decision please bear with us while we work through applications. We consider each application carefully but due to the high volume of applications we receive it may take a few weeks for an official decision to appear on UCAS Track.

So basically I'm expecting something to happen this week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm currently undecided between two unis, one of which is offering a 9k per year scholarship. Both are good unis so should I just go for the scholarship uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coreling)
    Hi everyone, I'm currently undecided between two unis, one of which is offering a 9k per year scholarship. Both are good unis so should I just go for the scholarship uni?
    what are the unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    what are the unis?
    Oxford and Kings college London

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't pass up going to Oxford law, if I were you - even if it's going to cost you 9,000 more. (Assuming you have the scholarship from Kings).

If you are a UK-applicant, student loans means the cost won't harshly affect you. I'm not really sure what the process or cost is for international applicants though.

If you can gather the money for it, going to Oxford would pay it's dividends.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    You mean Kerching College London.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is pretty much the reason I'm turning down Kings. Even if those on here claiming Kings offers with 18 or 20 or whatever are a bunch of trolls, there is no way I'm sitting in a class with 23 LNATs. No offense but clearly UCL are much more discerning on this point which is really going to matter when it comes to being able to do moots, reasoning, etc. together.

Decided once and for all. Don't even think I'll bother with the offers day. UCL all the way. That and they don't offer money to get people, either.
    I'm going to firm UCL and I got 23 in the LNAT, still set on UCL?
    I think the admissions offices of top universities know what they're doing.

ReputationRep:

Why do you think it is so imperative for someone to get a higher score in LNAT to be able to moot well? How many moots have you done? Because I assure you, the law entrances are nothing but a filter that give the admissions office nothing more than a clue of the student's reasoning ability (which can again vary depending on the circumstances for example if I'm unwell or I've just fought with someone before the exam or I'm just exhausted) and are determinative of nothing.
    I implore you to change your attitude towards people who might not have had a great LNAT day or else you might end up with someone not as bright as you but someone who just had a great LNAT day.

But again, to each his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveSandu)
    Congrats! Which uni are you thinking of firming?
    My firm choice is between East Anglia or Lancaster. Both Universities are great for Law and they have good towns, but I cant decided between the two. I'm not to sure which would be the best University to take!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velvetgh0st)
    My rejection is officially on Track from Bristol 💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You know what, law is not only about your academic abilities but also about respect like every other subject. If you want to be a lawyer some day, you first need to change your attitude and stop being narrow-minded. Law is about communication with the others. You cannot simply judge by someone's LNAT score what type of person he/she is or how well he/she will perform in law school.
    I got 22 in my LNAT and received an offer from Durham. I have work experience as well as many other extracurricular activities like debating. My LNAT essay was also pretty good. And now what? Are you superior to me just because you have a better score? I don't know if you are British or no but there are many internationals here whose first language is not English and scored over 20 (just like me).
    If you are British, you should imagine how difficult it is to learn a new language and then sit an exam like the LNAT. It's difficult, isn't it?
    And what you said about the big law firms is hilarious we are all going to learn about law in university. Believe it or not, there are going to be many people in your future law firm coming from unis you've never heard of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its something you have to take into consideration but it shouldn't be the only thing you think about.

Just because a Uni is offering to pay your fees for you doesnt make the course any more right for you than the other course - or that you will enjoy being at that Uni more just because of the money. However, if this means that (for instance) you wouldnt have to think about getting a part-time job and therefore could concentrate on study rather than money-juggling then £9k a year is a big plus.

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional Offers from:
    LSE
    KCL
    Queen Mary
    Birmingham
    Kent

I now like the UCAS process!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    You know what, law is not only about your academic abilities but also about respect like every other subject. If you want to be a lawyer some day, you first need to change your attitude and stop being narrow-minded. Law is about communication with the others. You cannot simply judge by someone's LNAT score what type of person he/she is or how well he/she will perform in law school.
    I got 22 in my LNAT and received an offer from Durham. I have work experience as well as many other extracurricular activities like debating. My LNAT essay was also pretty good. And now what? Are you superior to me just because you have a better score? I don't know if you are British or no but there are many internationals here whose first language is not English and scored over 20 (just like me).
    If you are British, you should imagine how difficult it is to learn a new language and then sit an exam like the LNAT. It's difficult, isn't it?
    And what you said about the big law firms is hilarious we are all going to learn about law in university. Believe it or not, there are going to be many people in your future law firm coming from unis you've never heard of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I completely agree. My son got 31 in the LNAT and he would agree that the questions suited him and that on a bad day he may have had a lower score. I remember reading about a law professor who did it just to see what he would get. 19 was his score. LNAT is not a good judge.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.