Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrisonGCSE)
    Skip em

In all seriousness, this is how i do it:
    Identify the type of question by taking a look at the passage and the 4 questions.
    IF: - T/F/CT - Identify keywords, scan then answer.
    - Type 2 Scannable Questions (About a specific topic etc) - Identify Keywords, scan then answer. (To note with these, if the majority of Q (3/4) is scannable, then you should be able to work out the answer to the harder question once all 3 have been completed).
    -Type 2 Harder Questions (What does the author think etc.)
    - If passage is short and on an understandable topic, read passage carefully intaking all information. I find this helps a lot with these types of question.
    - If passage is long/short and on a topic you know nothing about or too wordy - Guess, Flag, Skip, Comeback to it if you have time. Be careful on questions like this, they soak up time.

Don't be afraid to skip questions. Some are much easier than others, and you will naturally get a higher % on the easier ones. Don't waste you time on questions you have no hope in hell of completing.
    I have adopted the same technique during my practice runs and it has improved my VR performance significantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebro16)
    Hey,
    I have my exam in 2 days too, but I don't want to worry...the more you stress the worse you will do on the exam. My favorite tip is to remember to flag...don't waste time on the hard ones as there are plenty of gems with easy marks scattered throughout the test. I hope we both do well....

hey thank you yes it better to be relaxed.
    i just hope it goes well. dont really know wat to practice i have test on tuesday
    god help us :P

ReputationRep:
    Helllo, I'm quite confused about the booking system. How often is it updated? Right now there is only one space open and I'm not sure if I should rush to take it. Will more appointments be available next month? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have exam tomorrow but I didn't practice decision making at all, is it important to do? Please help I am so scare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Edinburgh: 720-730

Kings: 690+ (usually)
    And typically, what scores do Southampton and Newcastle look for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm54)
    Helllo, I'm quite confused about the booking system. How often is it updated? Right now there is only one space open and I'm not sure if I should rush to take it. Will more appointments be available next month? Thanks!
    If you haven't booked your ukcat yet then book it! The dates will be the same next month. You should have booked your ukcat a few months ago to guarantee a good slot. If there is one slot left. Then there is one slot left no more dates will be released unless someone cancels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariamjaan)
    Hi,
    I have exam tomorrow but I didn't practice decision making at all, is it important to do? Please help I am so scare
    Nobody has revised DM. It's pointless isn't scored. Most people seem to go to the toilet and prepare for QR. It's nothing to worry about

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    OMG well done!! Glad to see you've done well.
    Thank you!! Hows your prep going? You seem to have it in the bag I hope this is the year for us!
    Let me know if you need any advice or anything, you helped me out so much last year, its the least i can do! xx*

ReputationRep:
    In the test is the whiteboard you are given erasable??? Also what size is the pen??

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_5.png
Views: 391
Size:  62.8 KB
    Hi, silly question but can you just assume recorded = there definitely wasn't any? How do we know for certain?

ReputationRep:
    What band in Situational judgement is considered as good by medical schools, is 2 okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruchdapooch)
    What band in Situational judgement is considered as good by medical schools, is 2 okay?
    Yeah quite a few unis don't use it that extensively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Name:  Screenshot_5.png
Views: 391
Size:  62.8 KB
    Hi, silly question but can you just assume recorded = there definitely wasn't any? How do we know for certain?
    I would have put cant tell too; surely the fact that none were recorded does not mean there were not any for sure? It could just mean they were not seen? Don't think the answers quite right idk. Where is that question from?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering what kind of strategies you all adopt for QR? I'm struggling with the timings and keep panicking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    I would have put cant tell too; surely the fact that none were recorded does not mean there were not any for sure? It could just mean they were not seen? Don't think the answers quite right idk. Where is that question from?
    It's Kaplan. I've noticed many things like that in their practice mocks, and I'm unsure if the UKCAT is like how Kaplan make it out to be or how I think it would be...

Whenever I point out little things like this, Kaplan will do their utter best to defend their answers lol

ReputationRep:
    For students that have done Kaplan or any other courses with tuition included, would you say it was worth it. What did you you feel you got out of it that you wouldn't have by just studying yourself?
    I'm considering it for next year (need all the help I can get, can manage straight As at uni and yet flunk this bloody test!) but as an independent student, it's a big outlay. I'd be willing to pay it if it was worth it.
    Appreciate any feedback on this 😊

ReputationRep:
    Just done two mocks on medify:

Mock 1: 625
    Mock 2: 600

I really hope to do a lot better in the real exam but this is on thursday, I'm a little gutted with these scores :/

ReputationRep:
    How is the VR and AR in the real thing. Do you get lots of long passages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruchdapooch)
    It depends on the medical school generally. Band 2 is almost definitely good enough to get you an interview, as long as you have scored well in the other sections.

ReputationRep:
    A quick question for ppl who have already sat the exam...

1) Can you zoom in (I.e. Cntrl + +/-)?
    2) Can you highlight the text (E.g. Drag your cursor whilst left clicking)?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.