Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    In my defence, I didn't account for penalties masking an average player. He's still just an ugly Andy Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    In my defence, I didn't account for penalties masking an average player. He's still just an ugly Andy Johnson.
    - implying Andy Johnson isn't the ugly Andy Johnson
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by difeo)
    - implying Andy Johnson isn't the ugly Andy Johnson
    Have you not seen Kanes face? Looks like the family guy brain damaged horse.

ReputationRep:
    3 penos out of 13 league goals this year
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    3 penos out of 13 league goals this year
    Ignoring that that's near as makes no difference 25% of his goals - 10 goals in 23 works out then as 16 goals in a full season. Pretty poor for a supposed top class player playing as the main striker in a top team with the sort of service he gets from the likes of Eriksen. If they're just an average player, fair enough, decent return, but that really just makes my point - he ain't special.

ReputationRep:
    CC the following users said the above:

zKlown
    sr90
    Sr90 Sucks BBC
    Dirtybit
    NathanW18
    Rk2k14
    Never said that. I wanted him to prove he could be good for more than one season before we get mugged off by Levy.

ReputationRep:
    Mirin Pimped bait

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kenan and Kel also said something similar - said he was the second coming of kevin philips

ReputationRep:
    Thought Iwobi was fantastic.

Not sure what's going on with Walcott, though. Seems to have regressed since the end of last season.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on El Neny?

ngl he had a simple pass and move modus operandi that I can only liken to Xavi tbh. The only Arsenal player to ever have 100 touches of the ball on his Emirates debut, and had a 94% pass accuracy.

ReputationRep:
    it was Gibbs who "fouled" Coquelin in the build-up to the equaliser. pretty much proven why we can't rely on him. But it seems that a CoqNeny midfield looks promising

ReputationRep:
    Feel a lot more confident now that we have Coquelin back, a class apart from our other CM's. Jury still out on Elneny.

ReputationRep:
    Ignoring that that's near as makes no difference 25% of his goals - 10 goals in 23 works out then as 16 goals in a full season. Pretty poor for a supposed top class player playing as the main striker in a top team with the sort of service he gets from the likes of Eriksen. If they're just an average player, fair enough, decent return, but that really just makes my point - he ain't special.
    He is 22 years old, you make it out as if he is playing in his prime, he can get better. 16 PL goals is still impressive when you consider it is his second season in the PL and has his prime years to come. Only Lukaku at the same age is doing better atm.

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs slipped. Not sure how anyone can blame him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    He is 22 years old, you make it out as if he is playing in his prime, he can get better. 16 PL goals is still impressive when you consider it is his second season in the PL and has his prime years to come. Only Lukaku at the same age is doing better atm.
    The problem with that is his shot conversion rate is the big let down - as I said he's not on course for a great amount given the service, because his shot conversion is 14.4% - roughly one in 8.5 shots; which for a supposedly top class striker is woeful; he's not a natural finisher, and that's a big black mark. Adjusting for the pace of a league, getting into the right sort of positions, strength and awareness - they can all be trained, finishing - you've either got it or you haven't.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Two goals in two games for Chambers against Burnley. Bet he fancies playing them every week. That was a heck of a strike to open the scoring, too. Fair play to him.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with that is his shot conversion rate is the big let down - as I said he's not on course for a great amount given the service, because his shot conversion is 14.4% - roughly one in 8.5 shots; which for a supposedly top class striker is woeful; he's not a natural finisher, and that's a big black mark. Adjusting for the pace of a league, getting into the right sort of positions, strength and awareness - they can all be trained, finishing - you've either got it or you haven't.
    You also forgot that Kane takes long shots while e.g. a player like Costa who had a ridiculous conversion rate last season takes about 95% of his shots in the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Zero isn't a bigger number.
    is zero really a number? discuss

p.s witty bants as always pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Kenan and Kel also said something similar - said he was the second coming of kevin philips
    I am guilty of making that comparison last season. But earlier this season (when Kane wasn't banging), I admitted Kane was a good player and a very good finisher. I'm sure some of the United lot can vouch for me. Actually, no, they won't. They all hate me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    CC the following users said the above:

zKlown
    sr90
    Sr90 Sucks BBC
    Dirtybit
    NathanW18
    Rk2k14
    Yeh i'll hold my hand up on this one

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.