The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Idk. What is it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally no clue. Someone said that I had to include that in a section of my essay, so just trying to figure out what it means.

Just figured out that it means sub-paragraphs in Dutch.
(edited 7 years ago)
What kind of grades are you aiming for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going for around 8ish A*s, 2As and a B, although it's looking likely that the B will probably be a C instead. I'd be more than happy with anything in excess of 5A*s though :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Literally no clue. Someone said that I had to include that in a section of my essay, so just trying to figure out what it means.

Just figured out that it means sub-paragraphs in Dutch.

Kl. Thats quite interesting. I've never heard of that before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NiamhM1801
I'm going for around 8ish A*s, 2As and a B, although it's looking likely that the B will probably be a C instead. I'd be more than happy with anything in excess of 5A*s though :smile:

I'm aiming for 7A* and 2As but I think it is more likely that I will achieve 6A* and 3As. That lack of one A* would be down to Maths. Lol. Well just have to see how I do in the calc paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

What makes you think it will be a C and for what subject is that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
who here is planning to apply to Oxbridge in the foreseeable future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
who here is planning to apply to Oxbridge in the foreseeable future?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to do PPE at Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to do PPE at Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice, do you know which college you would apply for?
also, where do you get the recommended reading lists from for each particular course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

love your profile picture niamh, it's really pretty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
nice, do you know which college you would apply for?
also, where do you get the recommended reading lists from for each particular course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is one on the economist website I think and I asked on the forum. Idk really know which college I'm going to apply for but I've always liked the idea of going to Trinity because Jay Gatsby 'went' there. That tells you how much I know about colleges. Lol. I'll just see where life takes me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I'm quite honest I doubt that I will get an A * for Maths because people have said that the grade boundaries will be high but then again many people have also said that the grade boundaries will be low. So I guess my A* will be dependant on how I perform in the calc paper and also on the grade boundaries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's funny how you guys don't comment on my profile picture. Come on girls. Am I not a fine young man 😂😂😂😂😂
But yeah Niamh. You do look nice although I can't really see your profile picture that well because I use my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3372
How realistic actually is a full set of a*?? And how much revision do you guys think we should be doing during half term because I feel like I'm slacking off big time haha
What makes you think it will be a C and for what subject is that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

PE lmao who even cares
My practial is an E apparently :s-smilie:
My theory should be an A* all being well
Averages out at a C - hey at least I'm passing!!
I'm aiming for 7A* and 2As but I think it is more likely that I will achieve 6A* and 3As. That lack of one A* would be down to Maths. Lol. Well just have to see how I do in the calc paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing grades! I'm sure you'll get them :smile:
It's funny how you guys don't comment on my profile picture. Come on girls. Am I not a fine young man 😂😂😂😂😂
But yeah Niamh. You do look nice although I can't really see your profile picture that well because I use my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you both :h:
And I think you are a fine young man :smile:😂
Aw thank you both :h:
And I think you are a fine young man :smile:😂

No worries and yeah it was a joke but thanks 😂🤘👍👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
PE lmao who even cares
My practial is an E apparently :s-smilie:
My theory should be an A* all being well
Averages out at a C - hey at least I'm passing!!

PE. I see. I was meant to be doing a half qualification thing of that in school. It was compulsory for people to do it if they didn't select PE GCSE and were good at it. Long story short I got predicted an A* and then they decided to not do it in Year 11 because of cutbacks. Sweet 😡
A C is still good though. You can't be a jack of all trades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amazing grades! I'm sure you'll get them :smile:

Thanks. I'm working hard so hopefully it will pay off. I'm sure you'll get your 8A*s too even if it does include a pesky B or C.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by etata
How realistic actually is a full set of a*?? And how much revision do you guys think we should be doing during half term because I feel like I'm slacking off big time haha

It depends on yourself really. It depends on where you're at, how much you remember and how quick you are able to learn things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending