Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnni)
    Who were they booing Lamps or Bently?
    Probably Capello; my campaign is getting started <rubs hands>.

ReputationRep:
    J Cole 90+2, England 2-2 Czech Republic.

ReputationRep:
    The highlight of the 2nd half was those two facepalm moments

ReputationRep:
    Just got back form my football training, and by the sounds of things I'm not too sorry I missed it.

Still, a late goal managed to salvage some pride, and on the bright side, I had bet on it in the vBookie! (Possibly the only lucky decision I have ever made :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnni)
    Who were they booing Lamps or Bently?
    Lampard. Bentley actually got cheered. Fickle England fans, as usual. It wasn't just a few minorities booing Lampard either, it was like really vociferous boos :/

Nothing to say about the second half, except that we had no shape or formation whatsoever. Really bizarre. Oh, and Calamity James does it again :jester:

I was quite impressed by Setanta's non-Pro England commentary. A very refreshing change indeed :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laevis)
    Lampard. Bentley actually got cheered. Fickle England fans, as usual. It wasn't just a few minorities booing Lampard either, it was like really vociferous boos :/

Nothing to say about the second half, except that we had no shape or formation whatsoever. Really bizarre. Oh, and Calamity James does it again :jester:

I was quite impressed by Setanta's non-Pro England commentary. A very refreshing change indeed :yy:
    I thought Setanta's coverage was pretty good, until the 2 commentators said he has never seen Wes Brown a) cross a ball or b) score :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    England were a shambles.
    Gerrard on the left, Beckham on the...pitch
    I don't understand what Capello is trying to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I thought Setanta's coverage was pretty good, until the 2 commentators said he has never seen Wes Brown a) cross a ball or b) score :rolleyes:
    Heh, yeah, I picked up on that as well. Not as though Brown's going to hear it, but his fans must be listening to that and scratching their heads following the 12 months he's had.

The other thing that made me laugh was when they were talking about the bets:

You can actually get 9-1 for these lot to win the World Cup in 2010

Well, they're a class team and I think 9-1 is very good value for the Czechs

Not the Czech Republic- England! You can get as high as 50-1 to the Czech Republic

Oh my. I know where my money's going.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Glad I didnt bother watching it
    He's trying to become the hybrid love child of McClaren and Sven?

ReputationRep:
    If we play like that we'll get raped against Croatia. I'm thinking we'll have to play 451/433.

My team for that game would be:

James
    Brown Ferdinand Terry Cole
    Gerrard Hargreaves Lampard
    Cole--------------------Rooney
    Ashton

Capello has had 5 friendlies to find something half decent and he has failed. Playing anything against Andorra will win, but this formation could be used then also just to get the players somewhat used to it.

ReputationRep:
    ROFL! Anybody watching ITV news? They just put the score up on the england game with the typical don't listen if you wanna see highlights blah blah but the score they showed was 0-0 and the presenter sill hasn't realised...

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the so called Capello Revolution? :rolleyes: Thought Rooney did quite well and tried to at least make something happen, Gerrard did well too and Brown, but apart from that everyone was shocking. What the hell was going on half way through where it seemed like nobody knew what positions they were in, with Beckham on the left, Rooney on the right, Defoe in some defender's pocket and Gerrard, Lampard and Barry wondering about not being sure of who should be doing what :confused: Then Cole comes on and ends up playing in the middle as well

At least we should beat Andorra...thats a positive I suppose?

ReputationRep:
    A bunch of overpaid, pre-madonnas with no desire or passion. You could stick an all England Division 2 team on the pitch with fire in their bellies and they would play better. Capello's only there to secure his retirement fund.

when-will an england manager drop lampard for good?
    cole should of started!
    james shouldnt be playing-we need a younger goalie who will be around for 2010/2012 etc
    terry should not be captain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Plain Bob.)
    A bunch of overpaid, pre-madonnas
    haha

ReputationRep:
    even Becks isn't Pre-Madonna

ReputationRep:
    First live game i seen on Setanta and thought it was better than the Beeb especially the comm, not so biased

ReputationRep:
    I've been out tonight and i'd completely forgotten that there was a friendly going on. I just switched on ITV 20 or so minutes ago and initially thought i may have accidently tuned into a channel showing Olympic football highlights, then i saw the two teams and thought "**** me England have been playing". My interest in national team affairs has really dipped in recent years. We play crap football, we have done for ages. **** em and their overpaid bollox, that's what i say. Someone has to say it bros.

ReputationRep:
    Awful, once again. Average players

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, **** em. I'm not even joking.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.