This discussion is closed.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
Hello all :wavey: !

This Friday (10th October) it is World Mental Health Day ! What will you be doing for it/on that day? :grouphugs:
Hey elle, sorry i havent replied to your calls. Been way over my head here. sorry. :hugs:

im organising a stall and some people to do a drama performance about how mental health problems have benifited or hindered their time at university. its a bit upsetting in places but it should get the message across. errm we also have workshops planned at uea and lots of other random stuff which i will tell you about when we are both next on msn together..
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: Becki very tight. Sweetheart, are you ok? Please get your head checked out. Concussion is nasty. Glad that people at the uni helped though.
herbal bug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sauce)
I am killing myself slowly emotionally, through jealousy and paranoria. I wish I could die with no physical pain.
what whats wrong love? your so special

:hugs:
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not a good today AT ALL And as i've got the day off tomorrow as well, i bet it'll end up being the same. Argh.

*cries*
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Forgot to mention this the other day.
But...
when i went to the UEA open day on saturday, i went to the Psychology talk, obviously i would do, because thats what i want to do. andway yea,
Something that the guy who was talking said made me think, and it probably applies to everyone in here, i think it might anyway.

He said that "anyone, where the wheels DONT fall off at one point during studying a degree...needs to get out more"

and

"anyone, who does not have any problems where the wheels fall off at some part of there 16-18 stage of life....really does need to get out alot more."

Just made me think that, EVERYONE has problems and struggles at times. and no matter how happy somepeople look compared to us, i bet you there are alot of things that we have that they would love.

nobody is alone in how they feel in here, and never will be :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
On world mental health day I will be going to the doctors........ Other than that I have no idea.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
Forgot to mention this the other day.
But...
when i went to the UEA open day on saturday, i went to the Psychology talk, obviously i would do, because thats what i want to do. andway yea,
Something that the guy who was talking said made me think, and it probably applies to everyone in here, i think it might anyway.

He said that "anyone, where the wheels DONT fall off at one point during studying a degree...needs to get out more"

and

"anyone, who does not have any problems where the wheels fall off at some part of there 16-18 stage of life....really does need to get out alot more."

Just made me think that, EVERYONE has problems and struggles at times. and no matter how happy somepeople look compared to us, i bet you there are alot of things that we have that they would love.

nobody is alone in how they feel in here, and never will be :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
You're right. There will always be people either better or worse off than we are, that's a fact of life. I think mental health problems are made difficult because it's hard to feel understood and, despite how many people we know that are going through similar situations, it's easy to feel alone.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Last years WMH day seems like yesterday.... I can't believe it. I remember sitting on this same sofa and feeling depressed (as I do tonight). Have things improved? I don't know. I'm still here, which is an achievement, in my opinion. I've found a few people I'll be sharing a house with. Everyone seems so excited; I wish I felt that.
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
On world mental health day I will be going to the doctors........ Other than that I have no idea.
Hello Laura ... How was your day? :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
My nan has just been taken into the same hospital my poppy was in... she wouldn't go into the care home so they had to section her... I wish she went to the care home because I hate this hospital... I shouldn't hate it but I do.

Hi Liam :hugs: Today hasn't been too good. How are you? xx
Laus
Report 10 years ago
If Elements reads this, I'd just like to say sorry for missing your messages on MSN... I'm not always at my laptop when I'm signed in. xxx
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I am sorry to hear that.
I know it isn't much but here is an e-hug :hug: - naturally I'd give you one in real-life if you were sitting next to me.
And if you were feeling really down, i'd make popcorn and we'd watch "Bridget Jones's Diary" ...

I spent the day studying tbh.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:hugs: you okay??
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
I am sorry to hear that.
I know it isn't much but here is an e-hug :hug: - naturally I'd give you one in real-life if you were sitting next to me.
And if you were feeling really down, i'd make popcorn and we'd watch "Bridget Jones's Diary" ...

I spent the day studying tbh.
I appreciate your e-hugs :hugs: :suith:

Thanks for being so sweet. xxx
Laus
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: :hugs:

Is there anything you want to get off your chest?
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
My nan has just been taken into the same hospital my poppy was in... she wouldn't go into the care home so they had to section her... I wish she went to the care home because I hate this hospital... I shouldn't hate it but I do.

I'm really sorry Laus :hugs:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:yawn: been sleeping all day, love sleeping I don't have to think about anything. How's everyone else today?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
:yawn: been sleeping all day, love sleeping I don't have to think about anything. How's everyone else today?
I love sleeping too. How are you today? Try to make sure you do get up and do something each day though because otherwise it'll make you feel worse.

---

I'm unsure how I am. Better than the last couple of days I think. I'm scared though because the hall warden wants to 'discuss the incident' that happened the other night. He said he's not going to tell me off but wants to talk to me about it. He said he'll catch me in halls at some point soon so I have no idea when it'll be either!
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's wrong? :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads