The Student Room Group

University of East Anglia (UEA) Medicine Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an interview in Toronto, week of the 15th in February?!
Just wondering for those who have had interviews, did anyone travel from london?
Ive got mine at 10am in the morning, and cant decide whether to take the train that morning, which means waking up at 5am :s-smilie: or going the night before... Just wondering what others did :p:
Reply 322
Lost_Cause
Just wondering for those who have had interviews, did anyone travel from london?
Ive got mine at 10am in the morning, and cant decide whether to take the train that morning, which means waking up at 5am :s-smilie: or going the night before... Just wondering what others did

If you come up the night before you're less likely to be worrying about getting there on time or train delays or anything like that. Being able to relax and take it easy before an interview is very helpful. I didn't go up the night before mine (had to come from a bit further away than Bristol) as it was my 18th birthday and ended up panicking on the motorway when I was stuck in traffic!
Yeah, deffo go up the night before. I'm also coming from London, and I was meant to have my interview last Friday, however I had to re-schedule due to the snow.
At the interview, how much is asked about the NHS?
xXxBaby-BooxXx
At the interview, how much is asked about the NHS?

I think at one of the stations they will ask NHS related questions.
It still seems like ages till my interview, I really don't know how else to prepare??
_Andrew_
It still seems like ages till my interview, I really don't know how else to prepare??

I plan on researching the school - more specifically the med program. Make sure you have questions to ask them (those that are not obvious), and go over my P.S. b/c apparently every school will ask questions on that!
Hi, does anyone know what they use the ID documentation for? i.e just to prove its you, or for your address etc...? Because i dont know whether to take stuff with my home address, or my term time address (which is the one ive put for all my UCAS letters to go to) Any ideas? Thanks :smile:
Reply 329
Lost_Cause
Hi, does anyone know what they use the ID documentation for? i.e just to prove its you, or for your address etc...? Because i dont know whether to take stuff with my home address, or my term time address (which is the one ive put for all my UCAS letters to go to) Any ideas? Thanks :smile:

I think the ID documentation serves 2 purposes
1. make sure the right person is there for the interview and hasn't got someone else to go in their place (the less important purpose :p:)
2. required for CRB checks

So, might be worth having some of both with you if you can rather than taking just one or the other as I can't remember which the CRB people need.
Ok, thanks!
flmedicine20
I plan on researching the school - more specifically the med program. Make sure you have questions to ask them (those that are not obvious), and go over my P.S. b/c apparently every school will ask questions on that!

Do you live in Florida?
_Andrew_
Do you live in Florida?

That is correct!
flmedicine20
That is correct!

Oh, wow! Florida is awesome, I'm going to Orlando in the summer:cool:
_Andrew_
Oh, wow! Florida is awesome, I'm going to Orlando in the summer:cool:

Ha ha! Half of the UK comes to Orlando during the summer... I can't stand the weather here - way too hot plus the humidity makes for a horrible and long summer... we finally started "winter" here with highs in the 60's and 70's... I came to school here thinking I would like the weather and beaches, but after my freshman year (year 1), it got played out! I'm a cold weather person... it's easy to warm up, but impossible to cool off!
flmedicine20
Ha ha! Half of the UK comes to Orlando during the summer... I can't stand the weather here - way too hot plus the humidity makes for a horrible and long summer... we finally started "winter" here with highs in the 60's and 70's... I came to school here thinking I would like the weather and beaches, but after my freshman year (year 1), it got played out! I'm a cold weather person... it's easy to warm up, but impossible to cool off!

I know what you mean, I spent a month in Morocco last summer, and I couldn't wait to get back to the UK - the heat just gets tiresome. Were you originally from the UK then? Also, have you already got a degree?
_Andrew_
I know what you mean, I spent a month in Morocco last summer, and I couldn't wait to get back to the UK - the heat just gets tiresome. Were you originally from the UK then? Also, have you already got a degree?

No, I'm from Virginia (military - lived in San Diego, New Orleans as well), I'm in Florida for school (got a BSc in Biology), just graduated in May, now $68K in debt, so need to get back to school to go further into debt!

I spent my last year of Uni. over at Reading Uni. - loved it, which is why I'm applying to Med School in the UK vs. the US
Reply 337
Lost_Cause

I had the same dilemma! I took my home address as that's the one that matches up with my ID (passport/driving licence) and when doing the CRB forms before is the one i've had to provide. Also they normally send a copy of the CRB form to you and the post here is tiresome to have to go and get.
Arrrgh I'm going up to UEA tomorrow for an interview Thursday but I'm worried about the weather. What do I need to do if I can't get there? Who and how do I contact?
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Arrrgh I'm going up to UEA tomorrow for an interview Thursday but I'm worried about the weather. What do I need to do if I can't get there? Who and how do I contact?

My original interview was on the 18th of December, however that was the day with the very heavy snow, and I was driving up from London, so I had to reschedule. I rang up first thing in the morning, and they were very understanding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending