The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tinktinktinkerbell
i can not believe people on here are condoning breaking and entering and criminal damage :rolleyes:

Agreed.

This blatant promotion of domestic abuse is something I would expect to see on thetalibanroom.com not thestudentroom.co.uk.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
I can't believe people are more bothered about a couple of doors and a few material objects than they are about a life that's been needlessly ended behind the father's back :rolleyes:

how was it ended needlessly? she didnt want it
tinktinktinkerbell
how was it ended needlessly? she didnt want it

She should have thought about that before she got pregnant.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
She should have thought about that before she got pregnant.

contraceotion fails, get over it
Pink Bullets
Agreed.

This blatant promotion of domestic abuse is something I would expect to see on thetalibanroom.com not thestudentroom.co.uk.

i bet bottom dollar that if those people condoning it were in a situation where they had to lock themselves in a bedroom because they were **** scared of their partner they would be on here bitching and moaning about it and wouldnt like it if people were condoning it

i havnt even had it happen but even i can see its wrong, NO ONE should be **** scared of their partner for ANY reason
tinktinktinkerbell
contraceotion fails, get over it

That doesn't justify killing something just because you don't want it.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
That doesn't justify killing something just because you don't want it.

actually it does

youve got an insect in your house, do you kill it? you kill germs?

and yes i am comparing a BUNCH OF CELLS to an insect, it was NOT a baby

and i love how you keep going on about 'killing' the 'baby' which isnt illegal yet her ex who comitted SEVERAL illegal acts you are condoning

have a word
tinktinktinkerbell
actually it does

youve got an insect in your house, do you kill it? you kill germs?

and yes i am comparing a BUNCH OF CELLS to an insect, it was NOT a baby

and i love how you keep going on about 'killing' the 'baby' which isnt illegal yet her ex who comitted SEVERAL illegal acts you are condoning

have a word

Bunch of cells:

Baby:

There's a difference.

Like I said before, Law =/= Morals.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Bunch of cells:

Baby:

There's a difference.

Like I said before, Law =/= Morals.

well for a start i dont know what that means
tinktinktinkerbell
well for a start i dont know what that means

Law does not equal Morals.

Continue?
I wonder how many of the guys here going "omg you murdered his babby!!1 i would thump u 2 u vile bitch!!!1" would actually be willing, if their girlfriend got pregnant and didn't want it, to take the child and raise it entirely by themselves? Not many, I'll bet. Idiotic hypocrites.
Drogue
While I don't necessarily believe as such, it's perfectly plausible to believe that without being immoral, but believing that a foetus isn't yet a life. If you believe life doesn't begin at conception and you're just removing some cells, abortion stops being immoral. Given the strength of drugs or procedures required to perform it it's not a sensible thing to do often, so using it as contraception doesn't seem like a great idea, but the morality of it is very much an opinion.

We are all just a bunch of cells though... I'm really not sure how a foetus is any different. It has less cells...but still. The cells are unarguably alive. I really don't see how you could think otherwise.
tinywings
I wonder how many of the guys here going "omg you murdered his babby!!1 i would thump u 2 u vile bitch!!!1" would actually be willing, if their girlfriend got pregnant and didn't want it, to take the child and raise it entirely by themselves? Not many, I'll bet. Idiotic hypocrites.

exactly! saying is very different to doing

they say he could have looked after it, true he could have but 9 months is a long time and a lot can happen, she could have kept it with him promising to look after it after the birth and then so many months down the line he changes his mind, what then? shes left with a kid she doesnt want, having it for sod all

**** having a kid on the off chance my partner would look after it
Pink Bullets
Agreed.

No-one is condoning it. No-one sensible that is. However i completely and totally empathise with the guy here. Whilst i am not a violent person and am very self controlled, if i was in his situation i would be beyond furious. Words wouldn't describe how angry i would be. It would take every ounce of self control that i have to prevent myself from going over there and acting like he did. I don't condone what he did, but i completely understand it. What she did is far worse. But if you callously look at it as you do, considering what she did as just scraping a few bothersome cells out of her womb kind of like a woman might go and trim her fringe or change her hair colour, then i can see why your proportions might be so out of wack.
tinywings

There is always adoption and foster care. I personally would raise the child though. If you are man enough to get a girl pregnant, you should be man enough to stick around and raise your kid.
tinktinktinkerbell
you wake up, you clearly missed the point where i said i have been with my bf almost 8 and a half years, if we havnt done it by now we clearly arnt going to
dont judge a book by its cover, just because i like taking pics like that doesnt mean im a sex crazed girl or that im going to be, i just happen to like showing off my body, doesnt mean anything

...clearly? The fact that you have been with him for 8 years is pretty meaningless here.

Plus, your argument is infantile. I've never gone skinny dipping and ive had almost 18 years to try. Clearly i'm never going to do it as i havn't so far.

And i try not to judge a book by its cover. Its just when i see a girl bending over for the camera with "I Tackle Hard" written across her ass, its hard to think anything else tbh.
Bslforever
...clearly? The fact that you have been with him for 8 years is pretty meaningless here.

Plus, your argument is infantile. I've never gone skinny dipping and ive had almost 18 years to try. Clearly i'm never going to do it as i havn't so far.

And i try not to judge a book by its cover. Its just when i see a girl bending over for the camera with "I Tackle Hard" written across her ass, its hard to think anything else tbh.

well think what you like but i have no plans to ever have sex, i do not want
Bslforever
No-one is condoning it. No-one sensible that is. However i completely and totally empathise with the guy here. Whilst i am not a violent person and am very self controlled, if i was in his situation i would be beyond furious. Words wouldn't describe how angry i would be. It would take every ounce of self control that i have to prevent myself from going over there and acting like he did. I don't condone what he did, but i completely understand it. What she did is far worse. But if you callously look at it as you do, considering what she did as just scraping a few bothersome cells out of her womb kind of like a woman might go and trim her fringe or change her hair colour, then i can see why your proportions might be so out of wack.

Listen to what you're actually saying here.

That having a legal abortion and neglecting to mention it to someone you're not in a relationship with is 'far worse' than breaking into someone's home, trashing their possessions, trying to break their door down, and making them so scared for their safety that they feel they have to lock themselves in a room.

Hello, what are you smoking? And you say my proportions are out of wack? Rofl.

I would bet money that if any of you were this girl's neighbour, and you heard someone breaking into her flat, trashing her things and shouting verbal abuse at her, you would not hesitate to call the police. This is unequivocally unacceptable behaviour - no matter what the reason - and if you were witness to it, I doubt you'd stand for it. It's so easy on the internet to pretend that you advocate criminal behaviour. Like hell you would if this was your sister/friend/neighbour/anyone whose face you could see.
Pink Bullets

That having a legal abortion and neglecting to mention it to someone you're not in a relationship with is 'far worse' than breaking into someone's home, trashing their possessions, trying to break their door down, and making them so scared for their safety that they feel they have to lock themselves in a room.

Hello, what are you smoking? And you say my proportions are out of wack? Rofl.

Wow, do you have any sense of proportion. As someone said, morals and the law are not equal things. Some things that are morally right are not strictly legal and some things that are legally right are not morally correct.

I'm a person. Not a lawyer. I'm concerned with morals, not the law.

The guy clearly had restraint. Thats why i feel for him. He left her alone and took control of himself. A bedroom is hardly an impregnable fortress.
Pink Bullets

I would bet money that if any of you were this girl's neighbour, and you heard someone breaking into her flat, trashing her things and shouting verbal abuse at her, you would not hesitate to call the police. This is unequivocally unacceptable behaviour - no matter what the reason - and if you were witness to it, I doubt you'd stand for it.

As for your edit, of course i would. Thats a no brainer. If i had no idea of context and all i saw was a guy trashing my neighbours flat, i would call the police. Who wouldn't? How does this help your argument?

Latest

Trending

Trending