Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No snow yet. Well a fine dusting this morning, but that doesn't count.
    Would rather like some though, so I can catch up with biology and get some proper maths revision done!

ReputationRep:
    No it's just fudgin' cold...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    made a snowman bigger than myself but then when it came to actually going into uni i was sliding all over the place!
    You have snow in Reading ? I live in Newbury & don't have a flake

ReputationRep:
    Might snow in London today!! yayyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    The snow has affected me mentally.
    WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH WHERE I LIVE! GIVE US SNOW!
    Its driving me sad. and slightly mad.
    #Me too!! I want snow:adore::mrfreeze:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella)
    You have snow in Reading ? I live in Newbury & don't have a flake
    no sorry im from reading but at uni in hull! i dont know how to change it/im sure i already did lol (im retarded with technology haha!)

ReputationRep:
    we got snow today! but it just looked like someone had spilt some flour on the floor

ReputationRep:
    No snow here yet in Wolverhampton unfortunately (although the weather forecast insists we'll be getting some this evening / in the early hours of the morning), but it is incredibly cold and frosty all the time - it's making getting to uni quite hazardous.

ReputationRep:
    hasnt snowed yet.....apparently it will at midnight =) if it does taking school off for snowfights and ofc rev for exams in jan

ReputationRep:
    Im snowed in, cleared the drive at 1pm now have a good 5cm of snow on it FML

ReputationRep:
    As a Brit now living in an area of the USA that gets some of the harshest winter weather every year, I have to say, that the weather you are experiencing is NOTHING compared to what we get here.

Life goes on here though. Schools rarely close. People go to work as normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01jtiong)
    are you off work/school/uni/college

how has the snow affected where you live
    ive had 0.000 mm of snow today.

ReputationRep:
    NO SNOW HERE IN ANTARCTICA ONLY ICEl

ReputationRep:
    Snow? What snow?

(that said, I got a very light dusting on Saturday when I was up in Milton Keynes)

I'm too close to the coast to get any substantial snow, as much as they've forecast it god knows how many times over the last week. But it's still insanely cold.

ReputationRep:
    snow is really deep here in edinburgh, its fun... for now.

ReputationRep:
    We haven't had much, it's snowing lightly now though. The snow from the other day just hasn't melted so it's really icy outside.

I'm also a bit worried, I'm meant to be going to a gig on Friday in London... hoping the trains will not be affected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfergirl1)
    Acctually, if you go up on clifton downs it's covered in snow! You're right it's freezing here as well!

(Original post by badgerkins)
    Absolutely no snow in Bristol. Just really really cold :/
    I live right by the Downs and the thing is, it's not really snow. It's like a thick layer of ice with about 2cm of snow. And yes, it's bloody cold.

ReputationRep:
    Lots and lots and lots of snow. Good old North East takes the brunt for the rest of England!

ReputationRep:
    Discuss the snow situation where you are!

Eg.
    Depth of Snow: 10cm
    Current Snow Situation: Thick snowfall

ReputationRep:
    London, 0cm

well actually like 2cm but its all melted now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.