Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    Cheers for making the thread, here is the list of people I know to have offers:

Heeeyyyy, please could you put me down for biology too. thaaankkksssss (Imperial will be my insurance probably)

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Woblee, can you put :headbang: beside my name on "The List" please? Just because I'm cool that way and I look like :headbang: and all
    Also can we name the list "The Blackbox" please? As a subtle comp sci reference I doubt it will catch on but we might as well make a habit out of it
    Not sure those of us not applying for compsci (:nuts:) or aero eng () would be too keen on the name change

Also, you trying to share your photo with the internet again? Some people never learn :rolleyes:(irony intended)

(Original post by Goldust)
    Heeeyyyy, please could you put me down for biology too. thaaankkksssss (Imperial will be my insurance probably)

Sure thing! Congrats on your offer!
    Out of curiosity, which of your other 4 unis gives a higher offer than Imperial? I would've thought it was practically impossible to insurance Gimpy.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure those of us applying for compsci (:nuts:) or aero eng () would be too keen on the name change

Also, you trying to share your photo with the internet again? Some people never learn :rolleyes: [SIZE="1"](irony intended)[/SIZE]

Out of curiosity, which of your other 4 unis gives a higher offer than Imperial? I would've thought it was practically impossible to insurance Gimpy.
    Robbeh I really don't understand why you're making me feel bad about the way I look Just because I look like :headbang: doesn't mean I'm not a beautiful person (inside)

Edit: I don't make you feel bad about your bizarre love for
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Robbeh I really don't understand why you're making me feel bad about the way I look Just because I look like :headbang: doesn't mean I'm not a beautiful person (inside)

Edit: I don't make you feel bad about your bizarre love for
    What and I have is personal!

ReputationRep:
    What and I have is personal!
    Well what :headbang: and I have is personal too and I don't want you or meddling mine and :headbang:'s relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Only UCL have given me a higher offer (UCL - AAA, Imperial - AAB), have also got offers from southampton and warwick (waiting for kings), but i wanna go to london!

And before you say it, I've already talked to AlexB (the only other person I've heard of having an offer from Imperial (and UCL) for biological sciences. We've both got the same dilemma of who to firm and have as insurance - but i think he's going to firm Imperial and i'm going to firm UCL!

To be honest, I have high doubts I'll get 3 A's (dreading this A in chemistry...). It'll be a definite stretch...so even if i don't get into UCL, I'll be seeing you guys at Imperial
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldust)
    Thanks
    Only UCL have given me a higher offer (UCL - AAA, Imperial - AAB), have also got offers from southampton and warwick (waiting for kings), but i wanna go to london!

And before you say it, I've already talked to AlexB (the only other person I've heard of having an offer from Imperial (and UCL) for biological sciences. We've both got the same dilemma of who to firm and have as insurance - but i think he's going to firm Imperial and i'm going to firm UCL!

To be honest, I have high doubts I'll get 3 A's (dreading this A in chemistry...). It'll be a definite stretch...so even if i don't get into UCL, I'll be seeing you guys at Imperial
    Oh yes, sorry- after having obsessively checked conditions for geeky subjects, I'd become convinced that A*A*AAA offers were the norm :rolleyes: do try and fail at chemistry then if that's the only way we can persuade you to join us

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, sorry- after having obsessively checked conditions for geeky subjects, I'd become convinced that A*A*AAA offers were the norm :rolleyes: ...
    Hahahaha, SAME! Nowadays my further maths class has started to believe that any offer without an A* in it is not worth our time :P

We're just being nerdy ofcourse, but still 0
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Hahahaha, SAME! Nowadays my further maths class has started to believe that any offer without an A* in it is not worth our time :P

And that, is why I did not apply to Oxford FM classes are literally the snobbiest place in any college- half of mine have Oxbridge offers now (I don't )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)

I think I'm spurned by the rest of my FM class. It's tough being the only girl with 2 other guys Both of them are crazy smarter than me I mean one of them needs like 0 in one module and 90 for another module to get an A* in FM :rolleyes: I love them nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm spurned by the rest of my FM class. It's tough being the only girl with 2 other guys Both of them are crazy smarter than me I mean one of them needs like 0 in one module and 90 for another module to get an A* in FM :rolleyes: I love them nevertheless
    Same here! I am the only girl in a FM class of 2 other boys. We are all applying for physics as well. They both got Oxford interviews when I got rejected but other than that I think I just about manage to keep up with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    Yeah, I got my offer in November too! I was really surprised as I wasn't expecting to hear from anywhere so soon!
    I know because i had literally send it in about 1o days before hand! did u do an interview at all?? x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernovae)
    Same here! I am the only girl in a FM class of 2 other boys. We are all applying for physics as well. They both got Oxford interviews when I got rejected but other than that I think I just about manage to keep up with them
    That so weird haha! The really smart guy in our class is applying to Oxford for physics. He got an offer as well bless :') But yeah same here I think I just abot manage to keep up too!

Edit: I feel like our lives are creakily similar Supernovae :lolwut: Same further maths class, same imperial and Brsitol situation. Madness!

ReputationRep:
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001

No, seriously, you're on the list. Look on the third post of the first page, your name is right under the hippie (don't judge me for my smiley choices!)
    hahahaha, sorry
    of course, us biologists are certainly hippies

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ON MY IMPERIAL VS UCL DECISION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKEY)
    I know because i had literally send it in about 1o days before hand! did u do an interview at all?? x x
    Nope, I applied for Maths, which they don't interview for.

Admittedly I didn't realise this at first and started to get worried when the only other person in my year applying to Imperial had got an interview... But I soon found out it was because they interview for Physics and not for Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I applied for Maths, which they don't interview for.

Admittedly I didn't realise this at first and started to get worried when the only other person in my year applying to Imperial had got an interview... But I soon found out it was because they interview for Physics and not for Maths.
    We have very similar uni choices . Out of interest how did you manage an unconditional from Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    We have very similar uni choices . Out of interest how did you manage an unconditional from Edinburgh?
    Indeed we do :P

And the answer to your question would be... Scottish Highers 5 of them, all A band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin;)
    The A Level offer for standard computing is A*AAA and for JMC it's A*A*A(A/a).
    All of us are disadvantaged to be honest.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!
    No I mean for aeronautical engineering. The IB condition for JMC, as far as I know, is 7s in maths and physics and for level a level it's a*a*a. But for aero, the IB condition is 7s in maths and physics while for a level they ask a*aa

ReputationRep:
    Aww don't worry - my further maths class is the biggest class in the school's history. We had 14 guys, and 4 girls - now it's 4 girls and about 12 guys. But still!
    Show them how it's done - the guys in my class generally all act really smart, but all us girls are just as clever, and I'm sure its the same with you! Believe in yourself

And that, is why I did not apply to Oxford FM classes are literally the snobbiest place in any college- half of mine have Oxbridge offers now (I don't )
    Well, our further maths class isn't THAT snobby xD (Ie most of us didn't/won't get offers from Oxbridge or haven't applied there). BUT everyone has applied to imperial, except the few Oddballs who decided to do economics at uni :P

ReputationRep:
    Indeed we do :P

And the answer to your question would be... Scottish Highers 5 of them, all A band 1
    Ah that would be very good then . Good luck with Cambridge on Thursday :afraid:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.