Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    Foo's would be amazing for next year, though i wouldn't go if Green Day were headlining

I genuinely can't think what other metal bands could headline, cause after Metallica, Rammstein, maiden and slipknot in the last 2 years there not a huge amount of bands i can think of that will headline, maybe Sabbath
    Ozzy, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down come straight to mind if they are touring. Ozzy is a lot more likely than Sabbath I would say.

If they get bands like Foo Fighters & Green Day then they may book a band that hasnt headlined major festivals before like Avenged, Bullet or Machine Head.

I'd say that Download & Sonisphere are probably trying to get Rush, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden and Van Halen. Maybe Tool, Pearl Jam, Blink 182 and Muse.

ReputationRep:
    It's getting to the point now where they need to start taking a risk and bumping up bands that haven't headlined before, as they did with Biffy this year. Otherwise, they're just cycling through the same headliners between the festivals each year (Metallica, Slipknot, Def Leppard, come straight to mind for Download and Sonisphere, include R&L, V etc. then we'll be seeing more headliners repeated.

Obviously there's the bands they've been trying to get for years, but when they turn down festivals year in year out, they really need to start looking at the up and coming bands.

ReputationRep:
    Is Sonisphere classed as a two or three day festival now?

ReputationRep:
    3 I guess, assuming they have bands on the Friday next year too. Might have just been a one off with the Big 4 though. But I think they still have bands on the lower stages last year on the Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    3 I guess, assuming they have bands on the Friday next year too. Might have just been a one off with the Big 4 though. But I think they still have bands on the lower stages last year on the Friday?
    Yeah they had bands and Alice Cooper headlining Saturn in 2010 but with only Rammstein and Iron Maiden being billed as main headliners I wasnt sure if it was classed as two or three days.

ReputationRep:
    I'll go again next year, if I get more free tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    I think so yeh. I wasn't keen on any of the other bands on that bill so I didn't go. I don't dislike Darkest Hour but I find them kind of boring. They did one last year but they were supporting Propagandhi who I don't like so I didn't go then either. They'll be back soon.

Those guys, Josh Middleton from Sylosis and Gus G from Firewind are 4 of my favourite guitarists and they were all at Sonisphere

I wish I had been. I took 3 crates of cider with me, was drinking them non-stop and somehow was barely tipsy. In the end I resorted to downing like half a bottle of jager. It was at that point I forgot how ****e it tasted without a mixer.

I think Darkest Hour have gone kind of down hill since Kris Norris left, he was a really outstanding guitarist. Deliver Us is really a fantastic album, Fire in the Skies is one of my all time favorite songs.

Haha my mate made some horrible combination of all these really bad spirits, it was the most horrible thing i've ever drank. Some guy in the tent next to us was playing Headcrusher by Megadeth at the time so we called it the Headcrusher drink. It made my head like shake with every shot it was that bad. But it got me pissed so it's all good hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obfuscator)
    I think Darkest Hour have gone kind of down hill since Kris Norris left, he was a really outstanding guitarist. Deliver Us is really a fantastic album, Fire in the Skies is one of my all time favorite songs.

Haha my mate made some horrible combination of all these really bad spirits, it was the most horrible thing i've ever drank. Some guy in the tent next to us was playing Headcrusher by Megadeth at the time so we called it the Headcrusher drink. It made my head like shake with every shot it was that bad. But it got me pissed so it's all good hahaha.
    Fair enough. There was bound to be at least one band we didn't have in common.

****mixes are horrible. The worst one I ever had was Sambuca and Apple Sourz. It was proper rough. Jager and Vodka was also ****ing disgusting. But they do the job! Headcrusher is probably a good description.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. There was bound to be at least one band we didn't have in common.

****mixes are horrible. The worst one I ever had was Sambuca and Apple Sourz. It was proper rough. Jager and Vodka was also ****ing disgusting. But they do the job! Headcrusher is probably a good description.
    Had some orange juice and vodka as well. That tasted horrible. Don't try that...

ReputationRep:
    Had some orange juice and vodka as well. That tasted horrible. Don't try that...
    I never thought of OJ with alcohol... I won't try it now anyway. Skittles and vodka is also a bad move.

ReputationRep:
    I never thought of OJ with alcohol... I won't try it now anyway. Skittles and vodka is also a bad move.
    I think with some things it can be good, but with voddy, just... :/. It tasted better than the headcrusher though, I could sip it, but it was freaking grim.

Off Topic.

ReputationRep:
    I think with some things it can be good, but with voddy, just... :/. It tasted better than the headcrusher though, I could sip it, but it was freaking grim.

Off Topic.
    It's got to that stage where I've so many bad experiences with ****ing spirits that anything over the 25% mark (even if it's mixed) makes me wince a little bit.
    Download '09 for example. I don't remember anything in between 10pm on the Saturday and 10am on the Sunday. Glen's vodka strikes again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    WTF happened during Steve-O's set? Did people barge past security or did they just let a load of people in suddenly? All making a ****ing racket interrupting him. Steve-O didn't really have any idea what to do (he's not been doing stand-up long).
    Basically the tent got full, security was then letting about 1 person in for every 5 leaving, after awhile people didn't like it and started chanting and one guy said ' If we all rush they can't stop us all' and everyone basically rushed the barriers, security just stepped down and let it happen quite funny.

I enjoyed Soni immensely, Friday was great with some of the smaller bands and then the Big Four, Saturday spent more relaxing and Sunday
    I can't imagine what the line up next year will be to surpass this years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.