The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

I'm left handed, but use right handed scissors. I can't use left handed scissors in my left hand at all!

I always pull a funny face in the mirror before I leave the bathroom.... no idea why, it's just an odd habit.
Reply 321
If I wink with my right eye then I HAVE to wink with my left afterwards to 'balance' it out. Otherwise, it just doesn't feel right. I also close one eye, then open it, then close the other one, to test if one of my eyes can see better than the other one... Then if one of the 'winks' was a bit heavier than the other one, I have to balance this out with numerous other winks. This looks ridiculous so I started to punish myself by hitting my jaw with my knuckle every time I did the 'test the eye' thing, but now the knuckle-jaw thing has just become an added part of the routine... Multiple times per day I close one eye, then open it, then close the other, then open it, then hit my jaw with my knuckle. True story.

I also have a routine for brushing my teeth.

When I'm walking in the town centre where the tiles alternate oclours and are patterns of different colours, I can only step in tiles that are the same colour...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 322
Original post by Gemma2010
Loads of people speak englisj, that don't even live in Europe... The whole of North America basically/Australia/UK/ rep. Ireland and that's as a first language

Eh, uk and rep. ireland are in Europe, haha
Reply 323
When I write with a pen, I hold it resting between my pointy-finger and my middle finger, supporting with these two and the thumb. (I've heard a few others doing this but most find it weird)

Like this.
I have to have matching cutlery, I can't brush my teeth until I've got dressed, I can't drink alcohol with a meal, I can't wear matching pj's and I can't write on both sides of a piece of paper.

There's probably more, I can't think of anything else!
The head of my college said I'm the most idiosyncratic conductor he's ever seen :awesome:

Also been told that no one stage manages like me :yeah:
Original post by HowToSaveALife
I'm the opposite, I always have to put one foot on each step!

I take tablets weirdly apparently. I drink some water, then put the tablet in and then swallow both. Most people seem to put the tablet in their mouth before they drink any water :confused:

I used to do that when I was learning how to take tablets...

I was 12.
Original post by Lewroll
Still makes more sense than cant be arsed (which means nothing) obviously they are idioms or something like that, so it probably shouldnt matter what we say. I just better be careful next time i go to the north and say cant be asked, i might get some funny looks :biggrin:

I don't understand why you say 'can't be arsed' means nothing when arsed is a colloquialism for bothered.
Reply 328
I'm left-handed and i do everything with my left hand except for cutting with scissors :smile:
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Ok to make it more easier for you, i meant to say just an asexual old fashioned lady with a naughty mind. :p:

Wow! Verbally K.O.!:wink:
Original post by Fandabidoze!
Not living in the moment, I suppose. I'm always thinking about the future so I never really appreciate the present. It's not good.

This, plus I write my 7's the other way round to normal people.....but then again, maybe it's a Portuguese thing :wink:
I eat biscuits in prime numbers only. I've done this since I was small before I know they were prime numbers. I've gotten to 7 before, eaten another by mistake and had to go all the way to 11 trying not to be sick. :indiff:

My feet have to match. If my left foot gets stubbed, my right has to too. If I step on a leaf/crack/certain coloured paving stone with one, I have to find a leaf/crack/paving stone for the other to step on (with the same part of my foot). I've been stranded in the middle of a street before and had to go backwards to be able to go forwards. :shy2:

I am slightly obsessed with socks and have about 80 pairs, but I'm sure there are loads others like that. :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lewroll
Its probably a regional thing. When i saw people saying it on here i thought it was really strange. Are you in south england? Maybe its a london/south thing to say 'asked' and all the northerners say 'arsed'. Doesnt even make sense, 'cant be asked' makes more sense to me :biggrin:

I've always said arsed, as has everyone I know. (Londoner here). I've never met anyone in real life that says asked, just TSR (I originally thought it was to avoid swearing). 'Arsed' makes more sense to me. Can't be 'asked'? Eh? Of course you can be asked, I just asked you! :s-smilie:
Reply 333
I have a very unique way of holding a knife and fork.
Original post by EskimoJo

I am slightly obsessed with socks and have about 80 pairs, but I'm sure there are loads others like that. :biggrin:

Replace the bold bit with Lingerie:rolleyes:

Sugar with my Rice Krispies

My obsession for marshmallows
Original post by When will I know?
Replace the bold bit with Lingerie:rolleyes:

Sugar with my Rice Krispies

My obsession for marshmallows

When I used to eat Rice Krispies, I used to put sugar on it! :biggrin: I put sugar on my kiwi fruit, scoop a spoon out, replace the sugar and so on. I think I just like sugar! :o:
Reply 336
Original post by maskofsanity
I read the introduction of a book at the end.

That's not weird at all, they're usually filled with spoilers [that is, if we're talking introductions not by the authors themselves, but by critics and stuff], and would be much more in place at the end.
I think of myself as kinda OCD at times, but looking at some stuff in this thread, I'm not really.
I deal cards with my left hand, wear my watch on my right hand, and play football with my left foot. I'm right-handed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 337
I do many things differently....

I eat with my fork in my right hand and my knife in my left and eat crisps with my right hand...i am right handed!

I use blistex and vaseline together, blistex first then vaseline ( i dont know anybody who does this :h:)

I eat desserts and rice with a fork instead of a spoon...

I order cups in order of age of the receiver when i make a brew..so like my dad then mum then me then brother from left to right (ive just noticed how ocd that sounds :|)

Hi 5 to ketchup and pizza eaters. Also with spicy sauce depending on the pizza :biggrin:

OH and a weird one...i walk on my tip toes in the house when i dont have shoes or slippers on....(im like 5 foot awws :h:) but still im yet to find someone who does this......

I have NEVER heard anyone say 'i cant be asked'...but im northern ;] aha it would sound really weird!
Tbh...'arsed' said northern sounds similar to 'asked' said southern....maybe thats just me? If we say 'asked' it would sound...'cant be ass-kd'....just wrong ;]

Prob alot moreeeee....but looking on here made me realise im maybe not as crazy i thought :P
(edited 13 years ago)
When i'm walking on the pavement, i try not to step on the lines :biggrin: haha i'm a freak
I have violent thoughts on a normal basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending