Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    I've come to the conclusion that 90% of PL refs are not up to scratch. PL/FA need to get some accountability in place and also open it up to foreign competition. Only then will there be any improvement in refereeing standards imo.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    I've come to the conclusion that 90% of PL refs are not up to scratch. PL/FA need to get some accountability in place and also open it up to foreign competition. Only then will there be any improvement in refereeing standards imo.
    Completely agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    How many people appealed for a penalty when the free-kick struck the arm? Nasri aside, I don't think there was a fuss. How many players complained when they dived and got the penalty decision? Again, there was no fuss. This is why I keep banging on about the importance of Fabregas -- even when he's having a **** game, he winds-up the opposition and he's in the ref's ear all game. He moans to the ref about every little thing and when it comes to giving the next 50/50, we get the decision.

Trying to be as objective as I can, I think we don't get our fair share of decisions but that's partly to do with the way we play. It doesn't make it right but that's the way it is. Refs have grown up watching old English football and started off by reffing the lower leagues. They're less likely to see anything wrong with tough tackles on the poncy foreigners and they'll be more likely to assume we'll go down too easy.

But there's not a lot we can do about that. I'm more concerned about the manager and players doing everything they can to win the game -- yesterday, that didn't happen, so the reffing decisions shouldn't take the spotlight.
    He didn't only learn football at La Masia Don't understand why fans complain when Barca protest to the ref, 9/10 times the players react rightly, it's definitely worth doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Don't understand why fans complain when Barca protest to the ref, 9/10 times the players react rightly,
    I doubt it.

it's definitely worth doing.
    Of course. Everyone cheats -- you can try to be the ones that take the moral highground but it gets you nowhere. Might as well join them.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the highlights.
    On the positives great two goals from us and shame Andrey couldn't covert the other chance.
    On the negatives, dreadful refereeing, diving from Wigan, and no penalties given.

Who is to blame out of the CB's time and time again!?!?
    I think Koscielny has better awareness but will go for every challenge (even if it's half way up the field).
    Haven't seen anything distinct from Squillaci's play.

ReputationRep:
    Collina should be brought in as head of refs association, tbh. Also, I don't see why refs are forced to retire at 45 when there's no such limit for players, I think that a yearly, thorough medical should be sufficient and the age should be upped to 50/55.

ReputationRep:
    desigunner.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/communication-leadership-organization-–-is-there-a-magic-wand-somewhere/

an interesting read...
    I've observed that much of clichy's mistakes have been due to trying to keep possesion at our corner flag. Hes not the only one..i remember wilshere doing that early in the season too.,

ReputationRep:
    omg..how right was i?? Wenger is sooo predictable..our new signing boys.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...msey-loan.html

ReputationRep:
    All the matches in which djouru has played resulted in wins this season =
    squillaci/kos - djouru
    partnership is best.... Hope you read this wenger!

ReputationRep:
    I hope Wenger reads my post too. Leave.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might be the only person glad to see you back :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    omg..how right was i?? Wenger is sooo predictable..our new signing boys.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...msey-loan.html

Bye bye Denilson

ReputationRep:
    ^Hope so.

New contract for Eboue

ReputationRep:
    I hope the 'ics are kept at bay

ReputationRep:
    I love Zizali, and now he is a sub :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Soccer AM have just wum'd Arsenal supporters as well :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    tell us more

ReputationRep:
    Along the lines of.

After Arsenal were beaten by United, Wenger should be sacked. After beating Chelsea can win the league. Then drawing with Wigan some calling for Wenger to be sacked again.

Obviously with more Soccer AM childishness thrown on top

Wenger: Almunia can leave if he wants to

Not entirely unexpected, but thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    How come whenever Man Utd get one decision against them, they get like 10 for them?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.