Football forum changes. Add your suggestions. Watch

marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by doggyfizzel)
That explains it.

That's exactly what you are doing! I think there are already quite a few mods, but only 2 dedicated sports mods, Barca being one of them. He hasn't been active for a week or posted for 3 from what I can tell. So we probably noticed JK's absence far more. S-Man is a football forum-er I think but mainly on CL related threads. Assuming Barca is around a bit more often, I don't really see the need for another mod. That said there are a stupid number of mods in F1 compared to football, even worse when you compare the volume of posts and threads.
I swear Barca only does football though - I don't think I've seen him post in other threads. :holmes:

S-man used to be far more active as I remember, a pretty sound guy too, and JK is very good at what he does.

Agree on the F1 mods though, considering there is about 20-30 new threads a year (most of which are race threads), though I suppose it'd be more credible if any of MotoGP/BTCC/WSB/BSB/GP2/GT3/Indycar/NASCAR were to get more coverage on this site.

I just think it's a bit off that the guys supposed to be looking after the joint aren't posting enough to warrant it, but meh.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Competition idea:

Make a thread where a member has to guess the exact finishing places of teams in the Premier League 2011/12

If a member wins, they get a free subscription or riches.

Rules: only one prediction per thread, if any edits are made after a certain time their predictions are disqualified

It's so unlikely someone will get it right they won't have to pay out anyway. Could be an interesting / lolworthy thread
randymenes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hope someone can create a thread that contains a list of good sports bar in UK. This will be beneficial for those avid football fans who can't afford a ticket on watching it live action in the big field like me. Hope someone can suggest me a good sports bar here in Glasgow that offered great live streaming of football matches. Thanks..
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How does one go about getting someone banned from the Sports forum ala Lehmber. :curious:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Constant reporting? :mmm:

Who do you want banned? theconomost?
Straight up G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lehmber was such a legend. I see him sometimes trolling in the Pakistani or Playstation socities, it's really funny...
marcusmerehay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not to mention the FM Soc, he was going on about how he 'signed Heskey to play for West Brom Reserves'.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lehmber is great fun tbph. And people have trolled much harder than him without being banned.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't mind Lehmber returning as long as he stays banned from the Liverpool soc The guys a batty.
Baelli
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
How does one go about getting someone banned from the Sports forum ala Lehmber. :curious:
Repor tto the mods
Baelli
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by randymenes)
Hope someone can create a thread that contains a list of good sports bar in UK. This will be beneficial for those avid football fans who can't afford a ticket on watching it live action in the big field like me. Hope someone can suggest me a good sports bar here in Glasgow that offered great live streaming of football matches. Thanks..
For the next season it would be really exciting to watch it live but if you can't afford it then visit the bars or go to Rileys in Glasgow. Better yet, search the web for the best options. Cheers!
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think the match thread needs readvertising, and the charity shield thread can be moved into it.
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:ditto:

Was just about to post the same thing.
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rockrunride is now a sports mod right? Maybe his posting will become a bit more regular during term time.
I'm Travel and Gap Years mod :flower2:

As for me not posting that much in Football, it's probably because it has been close season
doggyfizzel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
I'm Travel and Gap Years mod :flower2:

As for me not posting that much in Football, it's probably because it has been close season
Ah I thought you were Sports

Tbh, close season is possibly the time moderation is needed most, Arsenal thread has been worst than usual over the summer.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can the European/ World football thread be made a sticky? Hate having to search for it.
JK.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Was thinking the same thing the other day. If the Ultimate football thread is a sticky I don't see why the Euro/world thread shouldn't be, will do it now.
marcusmerehay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah I thought you were Sports

Tbh, close season is possibly the time moderation is needed most, Arsenal thread has been worst than usual over the summer.
I couldn't agree more.

The other threadds are considerably pedestrian by contrast (except when adam_leeds turns up in the Utd Soc or sbarrie2 in the Celtic Soc)
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not that the others are pedestrian, it's because the Arsenal thread is a trainwreck. I've asked several times to be elected leader of the Soc but still no response :emo:
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can we have an official football podcast quotes thread? So many beauties in the Guardian each week :sogood:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads