Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide! Watch

Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by floskii)
chicken ****ing dippers and curly fries are forever relegated to the children's menu! - It's not such a food crime to enjoy well done steak, but if you wish to order chicken dippers at a restaurant then you are literally a child and should have just paid £2 at iceland and the food police will be knocking at your door any minute.

GETTIN ANGRY ABOUT FOOD UP IN HERE :mad:
I went out and bought chicken dippers and curly fries specially for my 20th birthday meal, and cooked them all by myself :proud:
floskii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Potiron)
I went out and bought chicken dippers and curly fries specially for my 20th birthday meal, and cooked them all by myself :proud:
See that is how it's done!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Chicken dippers make up a large proportion of my freezer at uni...
TotoMimo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
One food crime I cannot abide is when you're walking down the high street and some ned/chav has given their tiny (and I mean, 1-3 years old) tot a huge greggs pasty and a cake to scoff on. It just irks me.
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TotoMimo)
One food crime I cannot abide is when you're walking down the high street and some ned/chav has given their tiny (and I mean, 1-3 years old) tot a huge greggs pasty and a cake to scoff on. It just irks me.
I used to work in Greggs, and it was so sad to see the same mothers come in most days with their toddler and buy them a sausage roll, crisps and so on every time
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
I used to work in Greggs, and it was so sad to see the same mothers come in most days with their toddler and buy them a sausage roll, crisps and so on every time
Ugh, man, it totally gets my goat. At a point in a kid's life when they genuinely don't know any better and their tastebuds are most impressionable (ie, most easily persuaded to try nice foods and adapt to interesting flavours), to see a kid with a steak bake in one hand and a jumbo iced doughnut in the other just makes me furious.

And you can bet that in a year or two's time the mum will be moaning "he never eats any vegetables, he's so fussy with food, he only wants chips!"
floskii
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went to one of the Six Flags theme parks and saw a ridiculously fat woman, like, if she was any fatter she'd have to wear a king size duvet cover as a dress, feeding her baby one of those big choco taco things I was thinking poor kid, she's got no chance.
I think it should be a real crime to overfeed your kids, let alone a food crime. Letting your kids get obese is just as neglectful as letting them starve in my opinion...
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it's a sign that they probably lack control over their kids, so instead of being a responsible parent, they just give them a bag of sweets to shut them up. Shame the sugar gives opposite effect!
mother_eve3088
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by totomimo)
ugh, man, it totally gets my goat. At a point in a kid's life when they genuinely don't know any better and their tastebuds are most impressionable (ie, most easily persuaded to try nice foods and adapt to interesting flavours), to see a kid with a steak bake in one hand and a jumbo iced doughnut in the other just makes me furious.

And you can bet that in a year or two's time the mum will be moaning "he never eats any vegetables, he's so fussy with food, he only wants chips!"
its so true and so annoying!!!
nadiah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ugh, man, it totally gets my goat. At a point in a kid's life when they genuinely don't know any better and their tastebuds are most impressionable (ie, most easily persuaded to try nice foods and adapt to interesting flavours), to see a kid with a steak bake in one hand and a jumbo iced doughnut in the other just makes me furious.

And you can bet that in a year or two's time the mum will be moaning "he never eats any vegetables, he's so fussy with food, he only wants chips!
"
This infuriates me It's really not difficult to make kids eat veg as long as they are brought up with it! When I was a kid I wasn't allowed to leave the table until I'd eaten a decent amount of veg, and you know what, now I LOVE veg of every kind! (Except baked beans and sweet corn. There's nothing anyone can do to make me like those, lol). The same went for my brother and sister, and although they don't love veg as much as me they still eat it.

My boyfriend on the other hand was allowed to eat what he wanted, and as a consequence I'm having to wean him back onto veg at the age of 21....
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
(Original post by nadiah)
This infuriates me It's really not difficult to make kids eat veg as long as they are brought up with it! When I was a kid I wasn't allowed to leave the table until I'd eaten a decent amount of veg, and you know what, now I LOVE veg of every kind! (Except baked beans and sweet corn. There's nothing anyone can do to make me like those, lol). The same went for my brother and sister, and although they don't love veg as much as me they still eat it.

My boyfriend on the other hand was allowed to eat what he wanted, and as a consequence I'm having to wean him back onto veg at the age of 21....
I know, my scaffy Aunt fed her kids so much crap - when I was younger a McDonalds Happy Meal was a REAL TREAT. Like, "we're having a Happy Meal?! OMGZ *excitement*!" because I was fed proper food, and told to eat all the food on my plate, veggies and all. Just like you, Nadiah, it has now made me appreciate and enjoy vegetables to a crazy degree. But her kids just got a McDonalds every time they were in town. Every time. And now, my younger cousins are overweight, fussy, and one of them literally eats chips with every meal.

Oh, and STILL gets a McDonalds every time he goes into town, by the way.

Sad times.
hmjessop
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by floskii)
perhaps they don't like to see blood (though it's not actually blood)
What is it?
floskii
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not sure exactly, I think it's just the juices from the meat.
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Today I witnessed one of the single most infuriating food crimes I think I've experienced in recent times. A female colleague from work was on about how she'd recently had her first experience with sushi and loved it. This was odd to me considering I knew she was a vegetarian, but I figured, there are plenty of veggie sushi options, so fair play.

So at lunch time today she brought in a Tesco pre-made veggie sushi tray, which isn't the *worst* possible sushi choice, but hardly gourmet. She then proceeded to peel off all of the nori!

"I hate the black stuff. And that green stuff too"(avocado, I assumed, stuffed maki roll).
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Today I witnessed one of the single most infuriating food crimes I think I've experienced in recent times. A female colleague from work was on about how she'd recently had her first experience with sushi and loved it. This was odd to me considering I knew she was a vegetarian, but I figured, there are plenty of veggie sushi options, so fair play.

So at lunch time today she brought in a Tesco pre-made veggie sushi tray, which isn't the *worst* possible sushi choice, but hardly gourmet. She then proceeded to peel off all of the nori!

"I hate the black stuff. And that green stuff too"(avocado, I assumed, stuffed maki roll).
That right there, is a first degree offense! Peeling nori off Sushi is like peeling clothes off a child. Wrong on every level.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We had pasta for dinner earlier, and my mum bought 'parmigiano reggiano'... this made me happy! :love: ...Only it was sawdust. I think it should be illegal to use the real Italian name on that pre-grated stuff.
SoapyDish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MelissaJayne)
That right there, is a first degree offense! Peeling nori off Sushi is like peeling clothes off a child. Wrong on every level.
:|

I don't think it's QUITE that bad!
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SoapyDish)
:|

I don't think it's QUITE that bad!
Yeh, maybe that was a little hyperbolic of me. But man I just love the Nori!
Potiron
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If anyone reading this thread is ever in Brighton, go to Moshi Moshi.

(Original post by MelissaJayne)
Yeh, maybe that was a little hyperbolic of me. But man I just love the Nori!
I'm looking at you. Go to Brighton.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was watching come dine with me on Sunday where the host had made a Greek style lamb casserole and the old guy there asked for mint sauce. Then complained because theres nopthing Greek about lamb with mint sauce. The telly nearly went through my living room window.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (182)
80.53%
Leave (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads