[BUSS3] AQA Business Unit 3 anyone? [Friday 10th of June 2011] Watch

slacker07906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Question 3 was not like a last question. It said how does the marketin budget justify their objectivies or something on the marketing plan. There was two objectives- brand awareness and gaining market share (if you didnt get these its unlikely you will get a good mark in his question) so one paragraph for each of their objectives then evaluatzion. Therefore, you would analyse how each of these wouldbe beneficial to the firm. So brand awareness would lead to a royal customer base etc. and market share would lead to more control over functional decisons an allow expanion in long term. I also talked abut how they used product development so they could use this extra profit towards that.
slacker07906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sorry about spelling- stupid keyboard
jaydemikaela
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slacker07906)
Question 3 was not like a last question. It said how does the marketin budget justify their objectivies or something on the marketing plan. There was two objectives- brand awareness and gaining market share (if you didnt get these its unlikely you will get a good mark in his question) so one paragraph for each of their objectives then evaluatzion. Therefore, you would analyse how each of these wouldbe beneficial to the firm. So brand awareness would lead to a royal customer base etc. and market share would lead to more control over functional decisons an allow expanion in long term. I also talked abut how they used product development so they could use this extra profit towards that.
Didn't it say would a significant marketing budget allow them to carry out the marketing plan in order to meet their objectives (which you stated above) - or something to that effect.

So one side for yes they need a significant budget and one for no they don't?
Nayberay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just got out of Unit 3.

It was meh for me, my time planning was poor.

Just gonna have to pray I got that Low B. -__-
sally12379823
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah your right, although it asked the extent to which a significant marketing budget was required in order to meet its marketing plan. i also explained and focused quite a lot about other factors that might be more important than a significant marketing budget, such as a skilled marketing department. Also gave the example of an effective but relatively cheap marketing campaign in generating PR, rather than advertising in media such as tv, therefore this wouldn't require a significant marketing budget necessarily. Concluded with it was needed to meet the 2 objectives, and talked about how competitors would also have large budgets etc. Along the lines of something right?
Alf123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok well I know the answer to the NPV is £29.6m. But the problem which I have got is that I forgot to take away the £100m from its investment and got £129.6m! I did all the calculations right, just didnt minus the £100m! Does anyone know if I will lose marks for this? Well I guess I would but I hope I dont lose more than 2 marks :confused:
cdoyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i cant remember whether i put 129.6 or 29.6?
raj-010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alf123)
Ok well I know the answer to the NPV is £29.6m. But the problem which I have got is that I forgot to take away the £100m from its investment and got £129.6m! I did all the calculations right, just didnt minus the £100m! Does anyone know if I will lose marks for this? Well I guess I would but I hope I dont lose more than 2 marks :confused:
I did the exact same thing! But think about it,
As long as you said it was worth more than the initial investment then that's
The main thing.
raj-010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also did this an spoke about Ansoffs matrix in terms of possible risks.
The_Rev
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cdoyle)
i cant remember whether i put 129.6 or 29.6?
Well at least you put down a number
raj-010
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cdoyle)
I have the paper.
Could you can scan it in and let us all relive it please!!
Alf123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by raj-010)
Could you can scan it in and let us all relive it please!!
How did you get the paper in the first place? :O
jdh12345
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For the second question for payback i got 2 years and 3 months. Im pretty sure thats right, because it was 40 and 40, then the 80 would have sent it too far over, so it was 2 years. Then surely it was just months or am i wrong?
cdoyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its slow to upload but nearly there.. waiting on the green bar to finish. and am also writing CSR essay (multitasking).
cdoyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i just took the paper. lol
cdoyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/newa...anageattach&p=
jacko53bfc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone mention that they hoped to benefit from economies of scale but their unit price index was higher than the industry average?
cdoyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm on the manage attachment page and uploaded them but doesnt want to let me put them on here?
cdoyle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i am pretty sure i mentioned economies of scale.
asha2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey everyone ,I'm new here.Im stressing so much guys because you lot are getting different answers to what I got...can someone please rensure me of weather any of my answers are right...
For Q1.The two possible reasons I gave for decentralization was that sound vision had many stores so therefore decentralization would allow managers to make decisions on what local consumers want.This would reduce stock cost because they wouldn't be holding unnecessary product that is not needed by the local market.
Another reason is that having profit centers would encourage managers to generate high profits because the bonuses offered by sound vision would encourage the work force to be efficient in the way they generate profit..

Q2.I dont know what the eff I did :?But I think I got the right calculation for the NPV.But I didnt total it so therefore do I lose marks?
I evaluated it saying that NPV isn't really realistic,because it relies on the prediction of cash flow and also other factors such as the economic growth and for the payback I multiplied eachyears cash flow with three years but I forgot to divide the Intial Investment with the profit I got which was 26.3 m I think :/ & I randomly got an answer of 2.8months??
But I evaluted it So do I lose any marks??
The third Q..I dont know what I was doing,but I attempted it by saying:Marketing budget was needed for reasearch and development of the online store and also I talked about how the amount spent on research developments is lower than industrial average so they need to spen more on there marketing,and for a weird reason I talked about how finiace is not the only department that needs finaicing to meet the objectives ,HR also needs it because they need to recurit.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ? AS I'M DOING ALL MY BUISNESS A-LEVELS IN JUST ONE YEAR (so dont laugh at my crappy answers)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed