24.74%
Tom (125)
43.55%
ApexPredator
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I quite liked Edward Sure he was an incoherent, bumbling bufoon but that's what made him so endearing May I add that he was the shortest! and therefore, the odds were stacked against him from the minute he turned up I'd have liked it if he stayed in for a bit longer, purely for entertainment purposes. He did look a lot older than 25, it's hard to think that he's only a few years older than me. I thought he was early-mid 30s at least.

Melody - her voice Surely her accent has to be put on? Far too nasal for me to handle. Contrary to what most people have said on this thread, I don't think she's very attractive. I can see how she would appear to be given the lack of other contenders for the 'hotttest female' this year, so she may just be the best of a bad bunch.

Edna is one I'll be keeping an eye on, I liked her death stares and generally emotionless expressions.

My favourite so far is Tom.

Roll with the punches guys.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could be wrong, but think Melody is coming out with a lot of bull**** about her experience, or at least exaggerating. If she makes it to interview (which I'm doubtful over: unless she loses the attitude, she'll rub people up the wrong way), we could have another Stuart Baggs smackdown on our screens...
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Ok, I could have sworn her name was Jo, but it was actually Melissa. :lolwut: There was a Jo, but not the one I'm thinking of apparently. Found it on YouTube, though...

Ahh yes, I remember her! She came back in the final and gosh, she was so annoying! :eek:

Thank you for the video btw - 2 minutes of revision, avoided
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Is this an orange?" quote of the series and it has barely begun! ^_^
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AspiringGenius)
"Is this an orange?" quote of the series and it has barely begun! ^_^
To be fair, for a grapefruit it did look strangely orange-like.
Marsha2112
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I swear Edward is mad...he had a really scary look in his eyes and comes out with "I don't fit the mould" and "it's all there" while being asked normal questions. There was something really creepy about him. Also, he didn't laugh on the show afterwards...
Natsworthy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This show is watchable for the quites alone.
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is anyone else ****ing pissed off at how ridiculous Edward was? He completely put forward the stereotypical archetype of an accountant/mathematician... we can number crunch but don't have common sense.

I mean really, "I fit the mould"... mate, just stop talking. I can't believe he got into this so called top accountancy firm... although they probably wanted him to liven the office up a little.
Dission
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am I the only one that understood the expression? Sugar highlighted his impressive curriculum as an accountant, and because the failure of the task lied precisely in poor accountancy skills he said "I don't fit the mould", meaning that he admits he wasn't up to what he is capable of or what everyone expected of him.

It was a bit out of order, though, and he seemed like he wasn't right in the head.
Troubled_Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by surina_xxx)
Oi! Leave Glenn and his nose alone, he's cute
He reminds me a lot of Jamie from last season, although I think Jamie was probably a better candidate - hard to tell at the moment though. Each to their own I suppose

(Original post by Limitless)
Yeah he was an idiot, was his name Dan? He was on some mad one just barking orders at people and do you remember when he got in the boardroom and was like lounging around on the chair whilst Sugar was going mad! What an idiot.
surina_xxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Troubled_Student)
He reminds me a lot of Jamie from last season, although I think Jamie was probably a better candidate - hard to tell at the moment though. Each to their own I suppose

I remember Jamie! He was really funny! But it's hard to say who's better yet it's only been one episode
Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
I wonder what firm Edward worked for...anyone know?
It's PWC (Price Water House Coopers)

Not as good as the firm I will be working for
Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
Not that I've bothered to google this, but if its a leading Accounting firm, I'm guessing it might be Price Waterhouse Cooper
Exactly right
Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Is anyone else ****ing pissed off at how ridiculous Edward was? He completely put forward the stereotypical archetype of an accountant/mathematician... we can number crunch but don't have common sense.

I mean really, "I fit the mould"... mate, just stop talking. I can't believe he got into this so called top accountancy firm... although they probably wanted him to liven the office up a little.
Can assure you it was a top firm; was so funny in lectures today taking the mick out of all the soon to be PWC trainees
SpriteOrSevenUp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't wait for tonight!
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dudleyian)
Can assure you it was a top firm; was so funny in lectures today taking the mick out of all the soon to be PWC trainees
I just did a quick search and it turns out he did ICAEW... guy must be pretty clever, or amazing at cheating. He also claimed that he became a chartered accountant "by accident" in his pre-show interview thing. I mean what an arrogant douchebag. He worked in PWC? Blimey. Really though... was he really that clever? :lolwut:
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dudleyian)
It's PWC (Price Water House Coopers)

Not as good as the firm I will be working for
LOL, a little search induced that i'll be interning this summer where your working lol....but were no. 5!

Didn't know pwc would be hyped as it was on the show...
Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mos Def)
LOL, a little search induced that i'll be interning this summer where your working lol....but were no. 5!

Didn't know pwc would be hyped as it was on the show...
Aha was that from my post history? What office are you at?

True we're no.5 but definitely the best

Yeah PWC's worldwide turnover is ridiculous and they are massive; funny how they kept bigging it up without naming them though; bet they didn't want the BBC to say
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've only just remembered that Edward felt that he did a good job because "he's the shortest". FML.
BenjyK
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apprentice AGAIN tonight :woo:

The Life of Riley, Waterloo Road, and The Apprentice to finish off, 2 and a half hours of TV goodness, by the time thats finished my butts going to be stuck to my sofa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads