POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by irn-bru)
I guess you'll be happy when Bush and Obama die, as they have been responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths of innocent lives.
No. They didn't go around targeting civilians.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by amsie/)
This. I don't think I'd be rejoicing at anyone's death. & what took them so long?
Imagine if your son brother family member had been killed? 9/11 shook the very foundations of American society.
amsie/
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Imagine if your son brother family member had been killed? 9/11 shook the very foundations of American society.
I have thought about that quite a bit. I'd just hope that I'd stand by my views. I understand where the victims are coming from, I just don't believe that this was 'justice' so to speak.
I've never been pro-death penalty :dontknow: I just think it would've been better for him to stand trial.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have thought about that quite a bit. I'd just hope that I'd stand by my views. I understand where the victims are coming from, I just don't believe that this was 'justice' so to speak.
I've never been pro-death penalty :dontknow: I just think it would've been better for him to stand trial.
Maybe. Slightly worried about this burial at sea tbh. Seems odd.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where could he have gotten a fair trial?
Cinamon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why would they bury him at sea straight away? No evidence. I think it's a lie.
Reminisce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cinamon)
Why would they bury him at sea straight away? No evidence. I think it's a lie.
I think its sensible because they do not want him to be martyred (so no grave or "shrine").
The Dynamic Uno
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
People saying no death should be celebrated, even Osama Bin Laden's, WAKE UP! Try and stop being such self righteous morons for ONE SECOND and realise what you're saying. This is Osama ****ing Bin Laden.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I find it hard to believe things that are just said without evidence. If he is dead then fair enough but it'd be far more believable (and there'll be less conspiracy theories) if they had provided some, or any, form of evidence.
in_your_face
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's all weird.

No photographic evidence (apart from some blurry pictures that show some dead Arab - could be anyone)
His body "was buried in the sea" - yeah, right.

I think USA has been chasing a ghost and just found some random similar-looking arab, killed him and now celebrate "we killed number 1 terrorist".

Either Bin Laden has been dead for some years, or he is still alive, but he was not killed by the US soldiers yesterday.

Maybe Osama Bin Laden never even existed.

They're probably laundering money, or something.

YzwZihEmqbs

colin4president
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
buried in the sea? i didn't hear that. got a link? i thought US had possession of the body
cvqw1278
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would be very easy for Bin Laden to prove he is alive - just post another video of himself.
But maybe, of he is alive, he'll rejoice in more conspiracy, taking it as more hidden fear.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It only happened last night give it some time. If an image has not shown by tommrow then be skeptical
Alexisonfire
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by in_your_face)
That's all weird.

No photographic evidence (apart from some blurry pictures that show some dead Arab - could be anyone)
His body "was buried in the sea" - yeah, right.

I think USA has been chasing a ghost and just found some random similar-looking arab, killed him and now celebrate "we killed number 1 terrorist".

Either Bin Laden has been dead for some years, or he is still alive, but he was not killed by the US soldiers yesterday.

They're probably laundering money, or something.
Thing is though, the US has no reason to lie about it.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
I find it hard to believe things that are just said without evidence. If he is dead then fair enough but it'd be far more believable (and there'll be less conspiracy theories) if they had provided some, or any, form of evidence.
There's a mutilated picture of him dead on the online Daily Mail article about it.

I know it's not concrete or particularly graphic, but I guess whatever they did people would shout conspiracy.
Lou_Ferrigno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
uh, boss, that's verifiably untrue. you've been reading too much horatio hornblower - "buried in the sea" wtf? you made that up.

they have the body. also, it'd be a little macabre for the president to show pictures on international TV, so i'm not surprised the pics didn't come out at that time.
Reminisce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sigh... I guess you have a point that there is no evidence to support that it is Bin Laden except for some sources in the US government but you cannot just conclude that they are lying since you don't have evidence that it is a fake body anyway...

Basically, neither side has verified evidence.
wanderlust.xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought this, but at the end of the day this paranoia is irrelevent. The figurehead is dead.
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The circumstances are all fairly questionable... wait a few days and see what info/evidence is released, then decide
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
There's a mutilated picture of him dead on the online Daily Mail article about it.

I know it's not concrete or particularly graphic, but I guess whatever they did people would shout conspiracy.
Yeah there'll be conspiracies no doubt. They're pretty easy to just make up on the spot, hah. How did DM manage to get a picture and noone else?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads