Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassing things in every day life watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Walking into Art class in Year 10, seeing my friend sat down and going to sit next to her but I didn't realise that there wasn't a chair there so I fell to the ground.

In Primary School when we were given these little 'motor' things that span round and I thought it would curl my hair for some reason, but it ended up getting stuck in my hair and the teaching assistant had to cut a huge chunk of my hair off.

In college when I was walking down the stairs and I tripped but I managed to grab the railings to stop myself from falling, but I still looked like an idiot.

Staring into space in class once and I didn't realise I was looking in the direction of the teacher's crotch.

When I had a toothpaste stain on my black school jumper. People thought it was something else...

In Health & Social Care at school I was writing on a piece of paper (I think it had something personal on it) and I turned round for a second and when I turned back I saw this guy with a piece of paper in his hand passing it to someone so I shouted "NOOOO!" then realised it wasn't my piece of paper, and everyone looked at me like I was a weirdo and these two forgein exchange student girls started giggling to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    When you quickly walk past your teacher going ito your class and your making a beeline for the toilet - now knowing that you Have to go to this class - everyone has seen you and 15 minuits later you go into your class looking shaken wondering whether you've had a huge poop or whether you still birthed something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LannaBanana)
    With my 3 year old cousin in a cafe, and a waitress comes over to take our order. He looks at the waitress with wide eyes and says "Oooh, you're a great big fat woman aren't you?"
    lol that just sounds sooo cute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuncanMono)
    When you quickly walk past your teacher going ito your class and your making a beeline for the toilet - now knowing that you Have to go to this class - everyone has seen you and 15 minuits later you go into your class looking shaken wondering whether you've had a huge poop or whether you still birthed something
    I trust you mercy flushed properly? Would hate to hear that you'd been suspended for "sabotaging college equipment".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Not having enough money on you debit/credit card when you want to pay for somthing expensive.
    Having my card declined in the co-op for an 80p thing of milk..

ReputationRep:
    Got my maths exam back today and all my friends scored at least twice as high as I did

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting the sleeve of my coat caught on so many door handles, causing myself to be jerked backwards as I continue walking, unaware. Unfortunately, I did it in front of 20 other people the other day...

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping at a friend's house after a night of drinking, waking up with your ass on the verge of exploding feces, running up to the bathroom to find out it's being used, running back downstairs to grab a plastic bag, running in another room to take a nasty crap in the plastic bag and running up to the bathroom to put the bag down the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to rush through a door and your jacket/blazer getting caught on the door handle, then desperately struggling with it while a crowd of impatient people snicker at you.
    Happened today

Also, seeing your reflection in the glass of a dark replica marine exhibit and screaming thinking something's moving back there. Luckily the only person there was my friend, but had there been other people there...

ReputationRep:
    When I twitch or when I say something aloud that's kind of odd to my self and people think it's in reference to them... Or just in general when I think people aren't listening and I say something partially directed to them but no really since I don't think they're listening, and they actually are, and so then they think I'm odd blaaah.

Like in maths today the seating plan changed and I sat down and noticed I was placed with two relatively intelligent people, and they seemed to not be paying much attention so I didn't feel the need to articulate my self properly, and instead of trying to express concern about being placed next to two people who's math's ability was significantly ahead of mine(probably the top 3 in the class where as I'm in the bottom 3 probably) it ended up as coming across as me thinking that I was placed next to them due to have a similar ability, and then they just politely nodded trying not to laugh, and by the time I noticed they actually were paying attention and I tried to correct my self it was too late...

That was a really excessive description but when its generalised it happens a lot, since I just assume people are ignoring me since they do have a tendency to just turn off to what I'm saying 10 minutes or so into the lesson... lol...

EMZ=]

edit: I'm so egotistical, I've just typed a 200 word+ post about my idiosyncrasies... I'm so enigmatic... loool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I've been getting the sleeve of my coat caught on so many door handles, causing myself to be jerked backwards as I continue walking, unaware. Unfortunately, I did it in front of 20 other people the other day...
    This has happened to me a couple of times with a rucksack...

*walking normally*
    *YOINK*
    *humiliation...*

(Original post by Emor)

edit: I'm so egotistical, I've just typed a 200 word+ post about my idiosyncrasies... I'm so enigmatic... loool...
    You know that enigmatic means mysterious, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    I trust you mercy flushed properly? Would hate to hear that you'd been suspended for "sabotaging college equipment".
    Don't think you could hear the flush from the class room, just one or two looks with a slight look of distain and somebody looking up baby names on their ipod

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    This has happened to me a couple of times with a rucksack...

*walking normally*
    *YOINK*
    *humiliation...*

You know that enigmatic means mysterious, right?
    Yes, I was being sarcastic. My obscure mannerisms are so mysterious people would spend hours reading my posts about them... lol...

Intriguing probably would have been a better choice but all the same lol.

Even if I didn't what would have been gained from you stating that other than an ego boost?

I make a point of never using words I haven't checked in a dictionary with the exception of very basic vocabulary...

EMZ.

Laughing at a TSR thread while eating some raw carrot and choking on said carrot. Friend comes into the room and sees you choking/crying/laughing alone in front of your computer.

Welcome to my life.

ReputationRep:
    So I was in the U.S with my parents, and we were in a bookstore. My dad was in a hurry to leave and told me to get my mum. So I saw the back of a lady and thought she was my mum and I had a go at her (thinking she's my mum) about how she's making us all late. Then the lady turned around and i was absolutely embarrased and I apologised to her. But the funniest thing was when she said 'Don't worry, it happens to me all the time'

ReputationRep:
    I got a really nice guy in the supermarket the other day at the check out, being all friendly like, he asked me "so what're you going to do with those mushrooms?" I reply "put them in this bag *gesticulate*".

Wtf is wrong with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Laughing at a TSR thread while eating some raw carrot and choking on said carrot. Friend comes into the room and sees you choking/crying/laughing alone in front of your computer.

Welcome to my life.
    At least the carrot didn't go flying up the back of your nose and you spend the next 2 hours trying to sneeze it out. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Opening up someone's door and prodding at it, trying to get it opened, thinking it's the taxi drivers car.
    Also, I remember speaking to a customer I was serving in my old job, greeting her enthusiastically and asking her how my friend Tony was, then I realised the customer was a complete stranger haha!
    In uni, I remember going to a lecture hall which was supposed to be economics and 5, 10 minutes into the lecture they started talking about what I think was some social science subject. Bloody embarrassing, just sitting there listening and contemplating on where to go and finally deciding to walk out of a lecture hall of 500 students to be welcomed with the same eerie stares of students going into my own lecture hall.
    Lol, let's just say my eyesight deceives me!!

ReputationRep:
    I fell asleep in an English lesson and my teacher decided to ask me to summarise the text we'd just read.

ReputationRep:
    Standing up in a public place or to do a presentation with a boner.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.