Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you all got the offer letter and accommodations? I've received anything yet. I'm in Vietnam so may be it takes long time to be there but do you know when they sent the pack?
    Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ken88)
    Have you all got the offer letter and accommodations? I've received anything yet. I'm in Vietnam so may be it takes long time to be there but do you know when they sent the pack?
    Thanks a lot
    So far I've been sent an initial 'well done' type letter, with a few sheets to fill out which arrived on results day (14th August).

Then last Friday (22nd) I got my accommodation stuff, and then the next day (23rd) I got a load of stuff including lots of forms, letters from my tutor, the nurse, guides from TCSU and the college rules etc. etc.

If you think it will take a long time to receive these then you might want to email admissions/your tutor (though I guess you don't know who that is yet!). The deadline for returning the forms is Sept 10th so if you think you'll miss that, just let them know and ask what they want you to do.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your informations, Chris. I will wait until the end of this week then may be I'll have to email them to scan some documentation because I have to extend my student visa. :-<

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Blue Boar .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedliv)
    I'm in Angel Court too! My sheet doesn't say what type of room it is, but considering my rent is around £700 per term, I'm assuming it's the basic bedsit, with access to a shared bathroom.
    Does anybody know what the gyp room/kitchen facilities are like in Angel Court? And roughly how many people share a bathroom?
    Yay! See you there!

Did you see the inventory on yours? I can't believe how much stuff is in mine, I couldn't fit it all in my room at home. Unless my room is just a pile of furniture which explodes when you open the door, it must be pretty big! Yours must be the same.

ReputationRep:
    *saunters in rather late*

Hello all, I'm a Theologian living in Blue Boar I...looking forward to meeting everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qlick)
    Yay! See you there!

Did you see the inventory on yours? I can't believe how much stuff is in mine, I couldn't fit it all in my room at home. Unless my room is just a pile of furniture which explodes when you open the door, it must be pretty big! Yours must be the same.
    Yeah, mine seems to have a coffee table, easy chair and small dining table! My room at home is tiny, so it must be bigger

Where about in Herts do you live? (PM me if you like)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from their Cambridge parents yet? It seems some people from other colleges have, I'm just curious if anyone from Trinity has . Anyone here who is going to be a parent ?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, my college Dad added me on facebook

It's funny cos I'm older than him =] haha

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from my college parents yet Hope they're friendly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedliv)
    I haven't heard from my college parents yet Hope they're friendly!
    Who are 'college parents'? (Isn't one pair bad enough? )

ReputationRep:
    A pair of students in the year above who are around to answer your questions and go out for a meal with you in the first week. Basically students already there who show you the ropes I think they try to give you one parent doing the same subject as you.

ReputationRep:
    'Parents' as in mom and dad? (one boy and one girl?)

ReputationRep:
    I think so, but colleges do it differently and I'm not entirely sure yet about Trinity. Will find out soon enough though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you get a Mummy and a Daddy :P

I have Colm and Izzy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ken88)
    Thanks for your informations, Chris. I will wait until the end of this week then may be I'll have to email them to scan some documentation because I have to extend my student visa. :-<
    Hey Ken,

Are you an incoming mathematician? One of my college sons is a mathmo called Kenneth from Vietnam, wouldn't be you by any chance would it?

- Jeff

ReputationRep:
    Do prospective parents choose who they want as kids? Or is it a random assignment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J2K)
    Hey Ken,

Are you an incoming mathematician? One of my college sons is a mathmo called Kenneth from Vietnam, wouldn't be you by any chance would it?

- Jeff
    oh, so hi daddy then, year Kenneth is my English name. Nice to meet you :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, parents don't get to pick their kids. We have a welfare officer who allocates all the college children to the couples allegedly based on "interests".

You have facebook? There's a lot of people with the same name, add me. Name's Jeffrey Li .

- Jeff

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jeff, I've already added you, hope that it's you :P

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.