Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donleone2)
    Revision? Don't be absurd.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It's varied, I planned to start my revision at the begin of the easter holidays, and do about 10 hours a day, but at the beginning I started by doing about 2-3 hours a day, and even through those hours I haven't really been getting much done, however this week, I've been getting more on tract I did about 10 hours today finally haha, it takes up most of my day and I do take breaks and swap a lot between subjects, but it's helpful and I want to get A's for the 3 exams I have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RB136444)
    It's varied, I planned to start my revision at the begin of the easter holidays, and do about 10 hours a day, but at the beginning I started by doing about 2-3 hours a day, and even through those hours I haven't really been getting much done, however this week, I've been getting more on tract I did about 10 hours today finally haha, it takes up most of my day and I do take breaks and swap a lot between subjects, but it's helpful and I want to get A's for the 3 exams I have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyvine)
    How do you revise?

Making notes and reading over them?
    Making notes. Learning quotes. Thinking about texts and the links between them. Considering themes, possible essay topics, potential questions.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who uses mindmaps.... how many mindmaps are enough? I only started using them and i find them amazing but i feel like i make it too many. Im im gonna have like 20+ for one exam lol is it gonna be too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    I'm revising pretty much the same things as you.

For S1, get the alpha workbook...its really helpful and past paper after past paper I guess. S1 is such a dull unit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

I've just refound examsolutions.net - a site by a chappy who uploads Maths videos on YouTube. I used him for my GCSEs but I've found his proper site now. It's helping so, so much. I've decided that if I can pull off an A in S1 I'll donate £15 - £20 for both C2 and S1!

It's a pain though. Just sat down to watch some videos and I've pretty much grasped the whole binomial stuff nicely. He neatly categorised each video into each relevant spec. MEI seems not to be done everywhere but he just produces the same videos with all the relevant content within them and attributes them to the relevant specifications!

I might sound a little like an advertising board but it's truly helped me over the past week - I suggest checking out a video or two.

ReputationRep:
    I try to do 3 hours of revision every day in four 45 minute sessions. It's much more easier to motivate myself to do that rather than a ridiculous amount of time. Remember: it's quality, not quantity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamskiUK)
    Thank you

I've just refound examsolutions.net - a site by a chappy who uploads Maths videos on YouTube. I used him for my GCSEs but I've found his proper site now. It's helping so, so much. I've decided that if I can pull off an A in S1 I'll donate £15 - £20 for both C2 and S1!

It's a pain though. Just sat down to watch some videos and I've pretty much grasped the whole binomial stuff nicely. He neatly categorised each video into each relevant spec. MEI seems not to be done everywhere but he just produces the same videos with all the relevant content within them and attributes them to the relevant specifications!

I might sound a little like an advertising board but it's truly helped me over the past week - I suggest checking out a video or two.
    Haha, thanks a lot! (:
    We haven't even finished the S1 syllabus yet Haven't even started the binomial stuff! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quarky)
    I try to do 3 hours of revision every day in four 45 minute sessions. It's much more easier to motivate myself to do that rather than a ridiculous amount of time. Remember: it's quality, not quantity.
    GCSE or A level?

ReputationRep:
    Revising 2 hours a night after school, plus some homework. I think that should be enough, then i'll do my 4 hours on the weekend again

ReputationRep:
    Any website recommendations for A Level Chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say that revision has never worked for me.
    Plan on trying to revise about 2 weeks before the exams.
    I wish I knew how to do work this early, but my mind just refuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imekolo)
    Any website recommendations for A Level Chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemguide and doc brown

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After school roughly 3 hours and on weekend would from roughly 10.00 to 6/7 o clock.

Has to be done. :sad: :grumble:
    I also make use of the few free period i have during the week. Though it's more about quantity rather then quality!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simran Mars Foster)
    After school roughly 3 hours and on weekend would from roughly 10.00 to 6/7 o clock.

Has to be done. :sad: :grumble:
    I also make use of the few free period i have during the week. Though it's more about quantity rather then quality!
    How many exams do you have this summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    How many exams do you have this summer?

Would have been 4...

ReputationRep:
    I have 6 and a half hours of school then go too the library for another 3 hours

ReputationRep:
    I have around 3 hours of uni classes every day until I get study leave, but I actually spend 5+ hours out of the house because of commuting.

Then, I try to study for 3-4 hours. I sometimes go to the library, but mainly to stock up on books, so I don't stay there for hours.

ReputationRep:
    How many hours is everyone revising after school then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.