Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Watch this... That's all I can say:

http://www.ted.com/talks/joel_burns_...ts_better.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Because of people like you, you moron.

Why would gays commit suicide if bigots like you didn't think they were lesser human beings?
    you're seriously sick and have no ethnics. you're the epitomy of a random **** jabbing in with a load of pathetic accusations.

'less than humans'? they commit suicide because of people like me? do 1.

ReputationRep:
    coming at it from a different angle, I have absolutely no problem with gay people etc, at the end of the day it's their life so they can do what they want, It doesn't really have anything to do with anyone apart form the people in the relationship. I also don't see the point in the whole negative stigma with gays.

What I don't understand, is from a biological point of view, why has it occured that human beings as a species are/want to be/become sexually attracted to members of the same sex? surely as the basic instinct of humans is to reproduce, all humans would be 'straight' in order to do this, and I don't really get why the brain is able to 'ignore' as it were this supposedly natural instinct.

just my thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    Being gay does harm people. It tears family's apart and some gay's commit suicide over it.
    They commit suicide for a number of reasons, some because their family don't accept them, or other people bully them at school, and they feel they don't have a way out because the people have such idiotic views like yourself, and believe it harms people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    They commit suicide for a number of reasons, some because their family don't accept them, or other people bully them at school, and they feel they don't have a way out because the people have such idiotic views like yourself, and believe it harms people
    go **** yourself. go vote labour. go play the terminology card elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    you're seriously sick and have no ethnics. you're the epitomy of a random **** jabbing in with a load of pathetic accusations.

To be fair, they have a point, although possibly could have worded it better. If everyone in society accepted homosexuality, gay people wouldn't feel the need to commit suicide. When people make homophobic remarks, it makes that gay person feel like utter ****. So when people are constantly making those remarks, they feel that there's no point carrying on as things will never get better. It's all very well you sitting at your computer making these comments without even thinking about it, but have you given a second thought about how it makes any gay people that are reading this feel?

And you can make all the comments you like about me having a go at you, and insult me all you like, but you couldn't have expected to join a debate like this with your point of view and not get crap for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

They commit suicide because of people who discriminate against them.

Let's go over what you've said so far:

1) You've basically said that the act of being gay kills gays because gays commit suicide. Therefore it does harm.
    If you don't see how offensive and stupid that is, you shouldn't bother replying.

2)''I just don't want my son being gay or being taught in school it's acceptable in case he becomes that way.'' - Speaks for itself.

3)''That's sick. Those poor children. This only pleases people who wish to destroy society like the cultural Marxists & Zionists.'' - in reference to a gay couple raising kids.

4)You've claimed that gays raising kids makes the kids mentally ill.

5)''Why are you gay for? what happened to you in childhood. Was you brought up that way or did women treat you bad so you found comfort in men.?'' - You've likened homosexuality to being some sort of complex formed after being bullied, which it isn't.

My 'pathetic' accusations were justified. If these comments don't show that you view homosexuals as lesser humans, I don't know what will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    I repeat, that in the UK, marriage is already equal in that any unmarried adult male can form a marital union with any unmarried adult female (and vice versa). That a man cannot marry a man (or a woman marry a woman) does not mean the existing concept is not equal. Those pushing this are demanding the institution of marriage be altered to accommodate their minority interest whims.
    An absolutely ridiculous statement on your part.

As Ruth Bader Ginsburg said in the US Supreme Court Case Christian Legal Society v Martinez, "A tax on yarmulkes is a tax on Jews". A provision that enforces opposite-gender marriage is axiomatically a discriminatory provision against gay people.

By the way, you talk about minority whims. The only minority view are those of creepy Christian nutcases who are a tiny but loud, radical minority trying to force their weird views down the throats of the normal majority of the population that is fine with gay people and marriage equality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegWeak)
    What I don't understand, is from a biological point of view, why has it occured that human beings as a species are/want to be/become sexually attracted to members of the same sex? surely as the basic instinct of humans is to reproduce, all humans would be 'straight' in order to do this, and I don't really get why the brain is able to 'ignore' as it were this supposedly natural instinct.
    Because it's entirely consistent with human nature and biology that someone might have a natural instinct to prefer their own gender.

And it's entirely consistent with biology; gay genes actually increase mating success in heterosexual carriers of those genes

https://theconversation.com/best-of-...or-darwin-1360

ReputationRep:
    Even if this were the case, surely if same sex couples were permitted, you could have no arguments against a man marrying his father for say, inheritance tax purposes. They can't reproduce, after all.
    Err, yes you can. Reasons of social stability. Incest, whether procreative or not, fundamentally alters the family relationship in a way that homosexuality does not.

There is a compelling state interest in defending the integrity of the family unit against incest.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

All your arguments have been done to death, and by better sophists than you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm all right thanks here thanks!

ReputationRep:
    In don't have a problem with gay people, just the ones that get in your face, which quite a few are gay, but there are straight people that do the same, personally I feel everyone should be allowed an opinion positive or negative, as long as they keep it to themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    No I'm indifferent to them.
    Well, why did you say:

(Original post by 2ndClass)
    Absolutely, there is no comparison.

Probably more than you I'm willing to bet.

Err not really. I've interacted with enough

Well this is ironically what I mean, they're so hostile and aggressive. I've actually come to realise that I despise Lesbians and quite frankly wouldn't want them to have the same rights as gay men.
    Doesn't sound like you're indifferent.

ReputationRep:
    Because as a group they (their activists, and the bien-pensant class who have for now decided that this minority group's interests trump millions of others) aggressively thrust their sexual proclivities into every area of society, taking full advantage of any public sympathy to lob insults at all who are completely disinterested in their narcissistic personal struggles, whilst simultaneously expecting to be revered, completely immune from any and all criticism, and moreover to be given preferential treatment in law via some bizarrely formed notion that they are oppressed.
    Sounds about right.

(Original post by MostUncivilised)
    It's completely irrational to destroy your connection with your children on the basis of an erroneous and unsupportable view.
    Difficult to comment since I am not a parent and every person including parents can/will make their own decisions on the issues.

To some extent I can understand a variety of possible reasons why a parent would disown their child - being gay being one of them.

But if homosexuality was the major issue for the parent, and the kid was gay, then it would be up to the child(ren) to discuss the issues with them - in the end, they are the only ones really who can solve the issue since that it is really an internal family conflict more than a society based issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    You weren't obviously talking about homosexual men, or you'd have said homosexual men.
    Sorry for not being so specific if that caused you confusion.

I can assure you that even if I didn't explicitly state it, I was talking specifically about homosexual men.

If I have anything to say about lesbians I will specifically refer to them as lesbian, but when I say gay or homosexual I am meaning homosexual men.

When you responded you were talking to someone who was saying that you couldn't say anything negative about homosexuals without being homophobic, you responded saying that someone couldn't say anything negative about school etc...
    I can repeat an old point again - whether you think this one is correct or not is immaterial to me because I know this one comes down to which side of sexuality you are on - heterosexual or homosexual...

The simple point is this:
    If anyone says anything negative about gays/homosexuals, those who make the comments are immediately branded as homophobic.

So trying to prove anything becomes a bit of a joke really as there is no way to do so against people who see every comment you make as homophobic, no matter how simple the comment - simply because they have already decided you are a homophobe anyway.

They're not going to teach kids how to have gay sex, just that men liking men is fine.
    We have discussed this before quite some time ago - teaching them that liking men is just the first step, teaching about gay sex will follow later after that.

ReputationRep:

Yes, people commit suicide because of empty heads like you.

ReputationRep:
    What a pathetic piece of crap you actually are. I wonder why the Earth carries such trash like you. Life will poke all holes in you.

ReputationRep:
    Only if they tried to have sex with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Only if they tried to have sex with me
    That's true. If they nice to me and not horny then ok, but if they want to do the sex things with me then hell nah.

ReputationRep:
    isn't there some sort of evidence to suggest the rise in homosexuals is dangerous. Similar to the rise of bestiality in the dark ages where killing somebody for a log of wood became the norm. Once something dangerous become so accepted, it becomes normal. All this interference causes confusion which could create holes in the O-Zone layer, opening of the 'third eye' (Spiritually speaking) and decline in society.
    Very interesting take on things, especially the bit about the third eye and all that.

If your son ever walked into your home with lipstick on his face and makeup all over himself you'd hit the roof. If you wouldn't hit the roof, then you'd be a very odd parent.
    Definitely true, it would be a surprise that's for sure.

by the likes and thumbs down it's obvious this place has been hijacked by the Gay Mafia militants. When you have a conversation with them they get nasty and really fascist.
    Just what I have also been trying to say.

Don't worry though, by the time you uttered your first word in here you were already branded a homophobe. You needed not say any more.

(Original post by Hammer786)
    because gay men are attention seeking and it's annoying, the way they speak abnormally and the way they walk. men shouldn't have hand bags, it looks daft.
    As I discussed previously, this is definitely true of very camp men. Yet you were negged for it, but no surprise there.

(Original post by slothgal)
    yes, clearly ruining the sanctity of marriage
    When you see that as an actual photo - yes it is. It just doesn't look right at all.

And if it ever happens, plenty of gay men will feel this - from millions of others across the country who also think it seems weird.

The European Union is behind this.
    Definitely, this country is becoming a laughing stock how it panders to their every whim.

I don't want gay friends. Why would I specifically request a man who liked men to be a pal? :confused: I would prefer not be friends with them. You're not a man..so you have to understand the lad culture we have. If I became friends with a gay guy, people would say stuff. People are saying stuff about my friend now because he is friends with a well, known gay.

Men aren't as understanding about that as women are. I just don't want men to raise children. I found that picture upsetting and sad with the two children.
    And as long as lad culture continues, such attitudes will continue. Nothing wrong with that though, many guys feel the same and not wanting to be friends with homosexuals.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.