The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andersson
I just skimmed my revision guide, it isn't in B6.

I'm starting bio revision tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 321
Hi people,

This is my mindmap for B5. I missed out some topics because they aren't strictly related to the human body. Sorry it's so squashed together, there's so much you need to know! Hope it helps.
Hi people,

This is my mindmap for B5. I missed out some topics because they aren't strictly related to the human body. Sorry it's so squashed together, there's so much you need to know! Hope it helps.

Can't read it but nice hand writing:lol:
Reply 323
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Can't read it but nice hand writing:lol:

It could be worse I guess. I think I'm the only one who can decipher it, especially when it's a bit blurred from my camera. :frown:
It could be worse I guess. I think I'm the only one who can decipher it, especially when it's a bit blurred from my camera. :frown:

No, I actually like your hand writing :lol:
Reply 325
No, I actually like your hand writing :lol:

Ah good! My pen is quite thick and it's written very small to fit it all in so I think it looks ugly. :biggrin: Can you read it though?

Edit: Just remembered your earlier post haha. Do you want me to upload a clearer version if it's the blurriness that's causing you to not be able to read it?
Ah good! My pen is quite thick and it's written very small to fit it all in so I think it looks ugly. :biggrin: Can you read it though?

I'm on the phone, so it's small... And blurred, so no! But it's nice
Reply 327
I'm on the phone, so it's small... And blurred, so no! But it's nice

Oh alright, it should be readable when you're on a computer.
Hey I found some videos with some stuff relating to our chem and bio exams (most of it is above GCSE level, but I think some helps)
http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse/videos?flow=grid&view=1
Reply 329
Original post by NatashaG
Hey I found some videos with some stuff relating to our chem and bio exams (most of it is above GCSE level, but I think some helps)
http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse/videos?flow=grid&view=1

I've been following the Chemistry course. :redface: He speaks so fast I find it hard to follow. :frown:
What's the difference between the functions of cartilage and synovial fluid? Because the first one prevents friction between bones whilst the second one lubricates the bone so I assume they work together...? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
What's the difference between the functions of cartilage and synovial fluid? Because the first one prevents friction between bones whilst the second one lubricates the bone so I assume they work together...? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they are different, aren't they? Cartilage also acts as a shock absorber I'd think
Well they are different, aren't they? Cartilage also acts as a shock absorber I'd think

It's synovial fluid that's the shock absorber :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No :wink:

1370525143939.jpg
Reply 334
Original post by ryanb97
C/A ...e.g need to start physics

We finished ours now in school,,, but we haven't covered p5,c4 or c6 yet lol

Ryan

i haven't started physics either lol
Reply 335

Posted from TSR Mobile

Synovial fluid lubricates and cushions bone during movement. Cartilage stops friction between bones
No :wink:

1370525143939.jpg

Interesting...look at this: :tongue: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370525649.934805.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting...look at this: :tongue: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370525649.934805.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great :rolleyes:
Reply 338
CGP isn't very helpful imo, best one for me is the lonsdale ESSENTIALS GCSE OCR Gateway Biology B revision guide.
Great :rolleyes:

Although synovial fluid and cartilage do work together so they're probably both shock absorbers :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest