Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    I just skimmed my revision guide, it isn't in B6.
    I'm starting bio revision tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

This is my mindmap for B5. I missed out some topics because they aren't strictly related to the human body. Sorry it's so squashed together, there's so much you need to know! Hope it helps.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

This is my mindmap for B5. I missed out some topics because they aren't strictly related to the human body. Sorry it's so squashed together, there's so much you need to know! Hope it helps.
    Can't read it but nice hand writing:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Can't read it but nice hand writing:lol:
    It could be worse I guess. I think I'm the only one who can decipher it, especially when it's a bit blurred from my camera.

ReputationRep:
    It could be worse I guess. I think I'm the only one who can decipher it, especially when it's a bit blurred from my camera.
    No, I actually like your hand writing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    No, I actually like your hand writing :lol:
    Ah good! My pen is quite thick and it's written very small to fit it all in so I think it looks ugly. Can you read it though?

Edit: Just remembered your earlier post haha. Do you want me to upload a clearer version if it's the blurriness that's causing you to not be able to read it?

ReputationRep:
    Ah good! My pen is quite thick and it's written very small to fit it all in so I think it looks ugly. Can you read it though?
    I'm on the phone, so it's small... And blurred, so no! But it's nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the phone, so it's small... And blurred, so no! But it's nice
    Oh alright, it should be readable when you're on a computer.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I found some videos with some stuff relating to our chem and bio exams (most of it is above GCSE level, but I think some helps)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcou...ow=grid&view=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    Hey I found some videos with some stuff relating to our chem and bio exams (most of it is above GCSE level, but I think some helps)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/crashcou...ow=grid&view=1
    I've been following the Chemistry course. He speaks so fast I find it hard to follow.

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between the functions of cartilage and synovial fluid? Because the first one prevents friction between bones whilst the second one lubricates the bone so I assume they work together...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    What's the difference between the functions of cartilage and synovial fluid? Because the first one prevents friction between bones whilst the second one lubricates the bone so I assume they work together...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well they are different, aren't they? Cartilage also acts as a shock absorber I'd think

ReputationRep:
    Well they are different, aren't they? Cartilage also acts as a shock absorber I'd think
    It's synovial fluid that's the shock absorber

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No

Name:  1370525143939.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  60.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    C/A ...e.g need to start physics

We finished ours now in school,,, but we haven't covered p5,c4 or c6 yet lol

Ryan
    i haven't started physics either lol

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Synovial fluid lubricates and cushions bone during movement. Cartilage stops friction between bones

ReputationRep:
    No

Name:  1370525143939.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  60.4 KB
    Interesting...look at this: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370525649.934805.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  184.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...look at this: Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370525649.934805.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  184.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    CGP isn't very helpful imo, best one for me is the lonsdale ESSENTIALS GCSE OCR Gateway Biology B revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    Great :rolleyes:
    Although synovial fluid and cartilage do work together so they're probably both shock absorbers

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.