Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Put your thick skin on and ignore those who waste time putting you down through their own insecurities

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few behind the back comments from girls but didn't really take notice. My sister used to take the mick out of my 'square' nose. I think the main thing that dented my confidence was the first time I went to a club, for my birthday

I'd gotten in fine but went to get my mates and I a drink, got ID'd and the bartenders fell, seriously they actually collapsed, from laughter.... my ID currently says I'm female :/ I weren't really sure how to feel, brilliant cause I'd passed with flying colours but absolutely terrible and furious at the fact that they couldn't breath because they thought it was so hilarious :/

ReputationRep:
    I've learnt one thing going through secondary school. The people there are *******s who only care about looks.
    They judge you from year 7 to 11. Once you hit college, all of that is gone. You got a chance to boost your confidence again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, by lots of different people, family members, friends, people at school. someone randomly insulted me in a club once - about the gap in my teeth. Been told i look like Micheal Jackson, Mr Bean, Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, That i have a big nose, Ive been underweight my whole life, because of a high metabolism and people made fun of how thin I am, been called rat / mouse boy etc. I absolutely hate the way I look, I would change everything about my looks if i could, but its not that easy. Ugh, I hate people.

ReputationRep:
    For my height...I was unusually tall for my age..

ReputationRep:
    All through school I got insulted cos I have a bend in my nose so I used to get called Jew Nose. Someone even came up to me at college and asked if I'd broken my nose :/ Also used to get teased about being ginger (my hair is a golden/blonde brown, not ginger) but I got so fed up with it I've been colouring my hair since I was 13

Been called big nose many times and it really has affected my confidence. I don't think anyone will find me attractive because of it.:mad:

(Original post by Tye Singer)
    I knew a guy like that...where abouts are you from?
    South London dude u

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, someone called me ugly on Omegle video chat before :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DZJX)
    Yes, by lots of different people, family members, friends, people at school. someone randomly insulted me in a club once - about the gap in my teeth. Been told i look like Micheal Jackson, Mr Bean, Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, That i have a big nose, Ive been underweight my whole life, because of a high metabolism and people made fun of how thin I am, been called rat / mouse boy etc. I absolutely hate the way I look, I would change everything about my looks if i could, but its not that easy. Ugh, I hate people.
    Nah.

You're underestimated how much you actually eat.

Count up the cals, and it'll be hardly anything.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well back in the first half of high school people used to make fun of me for being a bit chubby. I got picked on for not being much of a runner (i've been jokingly told by my sisters that this was a very grave insult considering how i'm black :lol:), having a rotund bottom, and also for having a hint of a cleavage.

But then my growth spurts hit, i shot up, and now i'm considered skinny! Funny thing is that i'm the same weight as back then, but i'm just taller :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    i used to get called Medusa, susan boyle and worse names at school. I wasnt the most attractive kid...deffo improved but still not good haha!

Sometimes in the street people have made comments too.

Ive realised that those people that matter look past looks etc and actually some people probably even find me attractive, and its the same for everyone.

My friend always fancies guys that i consider seriously ugly and vice versa!
    I guess you don't matter then? Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Heard a conversation about me by two people once on my way home.

Guy: "She's pretty." (or something along those lines)
    Girl: "What, her?"
    Girl: *had a good look at me* (this was the point I realised they were talking about me)
    Girl: "Ew, naah."

Oh well! Though it was rude, I found it slightly amusing and just kept on walking.

ReputationRep:
    "You'd make an attractive guy" is the best compliment I've ever received

ReputationRep:
    my friend told me my Balbo Beard made me look gay... Gutted ever since tbh that was six months ago

ReputationRep:
    Never been insulted, never been complimented either. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    The one and only time that has stuck with me is that some girls said I had a funny hair line- whilst doing my hair and telling me I should straighten it- back stage just before we were going on to start to dance. I wouldn't have minded so much but it was that group (popular, have to rudely comment on everything) and everyone laughed. It knocked my confidence a bit but now it doesn't bother me cause I can't really change it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep; all the way through secondary school I was a bit of an ugly duckling (the hideously unflattering school uniform didn't help) and I got plenty of comments about it. Mostly, I just ignored it; I knew I was more intelligent that the people insulting me and that I'd get rid of them eventually.

It didn't do any lasting damage, other than leaving me a bit awkward about getting compliments for my appearance which (now that I've passed my unfortunate teenage years) is a much more common occurrence. My boyfriend sometimes makes me practice accepting compliments which I find cringe-worthy, but very sweet

ReputationRep:
    Never really for looks, the closest I've been was when I told someone I was a 32C and they said "good things come in small packages".

However, my personality has been absolutely slated by a couple of people, they called me "gassed" and a "pretentious sket" amongst many other things.

When I was little I had really thick eyebrows and my mum did not let me pluck them or thread them so I would end up going to school to be bullied. I told my mum about the bullying but she refused to believe me and forced me to go to school with thick eyebrows which I hated.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.