The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Was that Civil I by any chance? I much prefer problem questions, so when I opened the paper and saw that I was just going "crap, crap, crap" in my head. But I think it went OK :tongue:

It was! I'm conflicted: I do better at problems in supervision work but in the pressures of a real exam, I've made some shocking errors. So, exam wise, I think essays are better for me. Also they take (me) less time to do in 45 minutes. I entirely regret not doing the essay I was prepared for in tort and doing a problem I messed up instead.

How are you feeling for tomorrow? My ability to give a damn reduces with each paper.
Original post by ratio
It was! I'm conflicted: I do better at problems in supervision work but in the pressures of a real exam, I've made some shocking errors. So, exam wise, I think essays are better for me. Also they take (me) less time to do in 45 minutes. I entirely regret not doing the essay I was prepared for in tort and doing a problem I messed up instead.

How are you feeling for tomorrow? My ability to give a damn reduces with each paper.

Yeah, I always seem to write far less for Civil than for anything else, which my supervisor has assured me is OK but I'm never convinced :tongue:

I am dreading tomorrow - consti is normally my worst subject anyway, and like you I too am losing motivation at a rate of knots, I'm on the verge of essentially writing off the whole paper. Ah well...
Reply 322
Just had a bit of a cry in Sainsburys. Oh dear. Time to eat Nutella out of the jar and watch some TV and forget about tomorrow's impending doom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 323
Original post by camaieu
Just had a bit of a cry in Sainsburys. Oh dear. Time to eat Nutella out of the jar and watch some TV and forget about tomorrow's impending doom

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:

(I'll join)

Original post by Theflyingbarney
Yeah, I always seem to write far less for Civil than for anything else, which my supervisor has assured me is OK but I'm never convinced :tongue:

I am dreading tomorrow - consti is normally my worst subject anyway, and like you I too am losing motivation at a rate of knots, I'm on the verge of essentially writing off the whole paper. Ah well...

My supervisor stresses the same. Being concise rather than rambling is a good thing - especially if he happens to be grading at 2am.

Well, if you did the usufruct question, I'm not sure there was any other way to answer that than being concise. Or making stuff up, I guess.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 324
Original post by ratio

(I'll join)

In the panicking or the Nutella-eating? :P
Reply 325
Original post by camaieu
In the panicking or the Nutella-eating? :P

Both. :biggrin:
Reply 326
Original post by ratio
Both. :biggrin:

Nutella is so, so good. :smile: Take it you're a lawyer? :smile:
Original post by ratio

(I'll join)

My supervisor stresses the same. Being concise rather than rambling is a good thing - especially if he happens to be grading at 2am.

Well, if you did the usufruct question, I'm not sure there was any other way to answer that than being concise. Or making stuff up, I guess.

Yeah, I dragged the usufructs out to a page and a half but felt bad for it.

I too fancy joining the Nutella/procrastination party...
Reply 328
Original post by camaieu

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's nearly over - you've only got about a week left (maximum!) and you'll be free. May week, tea, relaxing, cake, whatever you want to do and you can basically do it :tongue:

We're already planning on getting a projector and a huge game of FIFA set up a week on Saturday for an evening :tongue:
It's 2:50 in the morning. There are 6 hours and 10 minutes left until Fr1. 5 or so hours of revision, 3 essays and 3 hours stand between me and that bottle of vodka in my examination bag. :eek:
So tired. The end is in sight! I'll be done by lunchtime...
Reply 331
Original post by Ho Chi Minh
It's 2:50 in the morning. There are 6 hours and 10 minutes left until Fr1. 5 or so hours of revision, 3 essays and 3 hours stand between me and that bottle of vodka in my examination bag. :eek:

Original post by Tortious

Good luck! Ho Chi Minh, I'm assuming you're saving it until after you get out, rather than taking it in in lieu of water...
Original post by lp386
Good luck! Ho Chi Minh, I'm assuming you're saving it until after you get out, rather than taking it in in lieu of water...

Thanks :smile: Hah yes, although it is very tempting to imbibe the beautiful liquid during the exam to lessen the pain both of inevitable hand cramp that comes from rapidly writing essays for three straight hours and the pain of having to write essays for three straight hours :P

Same here. Can almost touch it...
Original post by Rob da Mop
Same here. Can almost touch it...

Reply 335
Original post by camaieu

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was walking into town from Castle Hill after seeing a friend, and a girl going in the opposite direction was a mess. Felt pretty bad, but I guess it must have been exams too.

Good luck.
Reply 336
Original post by Craghyrax
I was walking into town from Castle Hill after seeing a friend, and a girl going in the opposite direction was a mess. Felt pretty bad, but I guess it must have been exams too.

Good luck.

Aww, thank you. As it happened, it wasn't the train wreck that I had envisaged. It wasn't great, but it was as good as I could have expected. 1 left!
Woohoo! End of Tripos! :biggrin:

Best of luck with the rest, guys - hope you get what you want! :hugs:
Reply 338
Woohoo! End of Tripos! :biggrin:

Best of luck with the rest, guys - hope you get what you want! :hugs:

Scary stuff! Plans for freedom/post Cambridge? :smile:
Original post by camaieu
Scary stuff! Plans for freedom/post Cambridge? :smile:

I'm a lawyer, so I've already got a training contract with a firm lined up - it's conditional on a 2.1, but I really couldn't have done any better in the exams, so I don't "mind" what I get. In theory getting a 2.2 would mean it's all up for re-negotiation, but I'm trying not to think about that. :p: I don't have much planned for freedom except my college's May Ball - most of my friends finish a week later than me, so I can't organise much yet! I'm hoping that I can tag along with the first year lawyers at the pub tonight since they're done today, but we'll see...

Latest