Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious this squad needs a Fabregas type player. Cazorla is just too inconsistent, Jack is still young and there is no world-class playmaker. We hardly create any chances despite being able to keep possession. We're surviving purely on luck at the moment. At least we got the three points in the end, but I don't know how long we can go on struggling like this when we have a one goal lead. We should be winning comfortably against teams like Fulham and WBA, rather than just scraping through like we did today.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1366487913324.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  34.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    I would put Walcott through the middle beacuse that is where he drifts anyway on the right these days like today he was playing anywhere but the right wing, Ox on the right and Santi on the left
    Yep. Surprised no one's mentioned how his goals has dried up since he got his new contract.

Would be interesting to see what the stats whore can dig out in relation to his goals and assists per minutes/games since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkeevin)
    Well a win is always worth the maximum 3 point. So still happy with the results!!!

In a non sport related news, our very own Oligarch Gooner Usmanov is now officially the richest man in Britain!!! He beat off worthy opponents like the Mittals and Abramovich!
    So it seems Usmanov is now showing Arsenal that it must be possible to beat off the likes of Man utd/city and Chelsea and we can do that like next year!!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1080776/ar...ks-richest-man
    Hmmmm, always thought he was the richest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Notice how if Arsenal scrap a win Arsenal are rubbish, but when United do the same thing United are then regarded as being 'strong' and having character.
    What are you trying to get at here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    What are you trying to get at here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol nothing I'm just simply noting something I see a lot generally. Is there a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Negged everyone hating on Giroud, I think I still I got one more left.

Don't hate on Giroud!!!!

I've got 5 red gems, so go ahead and neg me!
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lovin' Ramsey at the minute. He's coming into his element.

ReputationRep:
    Did you see that ludicrous display last night? What was Wenger thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Thing is with Arsenal they always try and walk it in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Did you say West 'am?

ReputationRep:
    We won and at this moment that's all that matters. Who csres we struggled to beat Fulham? Be grateful we got the full points and move on. Four more wins like today and I'm happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Did you say West 'am?

sending Walcott on that early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    We won and at this moment that's all that matters. Who csres we struggled to beat Fulham? Be grateful we got the full points and move on. Four more wins like today and I'm happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think your brain might be broken.....Have you tried turning it off and on again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    Lovin' Ramsey at the minute. He's coming into his element.
    I agree, it's also nice to see some fans slowly and subtly changing their opinion on him. He's not the scapegoat any more, he was a beast against Everton and decent today, such a valuable player when in form and it's better late than never that fans realise it. Would be perfect if he got a goal against utd next week.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you guys realise how hard and frustrating it is when teams sit so deep in their own half with 11players behind the ball, not going past the half way line and just play pussy counter attack football. You guys are too harsh on your team, should really be criticising the opposing team for not playing football.

ReputationRep:
    And Welbeck has won more trophies than Mertesacker...

ReputationRep:
    I think your brain might be broken.....Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    I don't see why you're venting about the performance; yes it wasn't pretty but who cares? I certainly am not gonna join in and if it means my brain is broken, so be it.

You need to realise that at this stage in the season with what's at stake, the result is the only thing that matters. Just you go and ask Ferguson.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yep. Surprised no one's mentioned how his goals has dried up since he got his new contract.

Would be interesting to see what the stats whore can dig out in relation to his goals and assists per minutes/games since then.
    Sending for tommyjw init? Peak, although I would like to see the stats though? Been **** since, still a limited player but still very useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    The players seems pleasantly happy to rack of stats point with the pointless pussy sideway passes.
    Lol, agree with you. What was the final possession stat? Funnily enough that the ESPN guys were parring fulham about it then they realised that you were doing **** all with the possession, something I noticed 20mins before they even mentioned it but hey you win the game if you have more possession you win the game...

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    very clear that the team isnt set up well to win against a team that completly sits back...

(not that this problem will be present against united...)

hopefully spurs can loose tommorow, to slightly take the pressure off the game with united next weekend..
    Too be honest it's not that hard to face a team that completely sits back. Giroud needs to be provided with more crosses and long balls. Eventually one will fall to him. Guess you just played the possession game to get fulham tired.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.