Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I was not trying to attack your party, i mearly do not understand how you can be proud of the labour party at the moment.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Ack. Apart from personally having yet to see a truly convincing argument against foxhunting, the Hunting Act is a confused and flawed piece of legislation that was put together by people who did not understand what they were legislating or the people they were affecting, as a misguided attempt to attack the rural community.
    Want a reason against fox hunting?

They are a nuciance to the countryside and cause so much more damange than the foxes do.

My Grandad hated them as they would come across his farm land knocking down walls and churning up the fields and all with out permission.

It's a shame they are still able to do this too and the whole idea of racing across the countryside damaging land should be stop. The current laws don't go far enough.

ReputationRep:
    RK - that's hardly a reason to ban fox hunting. That's a reason to ban trespassing and damaging someone else's property. And isn't that already illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Considering he's been a member of the Lib Dem, Labour and Conservative parties at some stage, I think it does.

The questions, like yours, are getting repetitive and rather silly. Of course I am proud to be a real life member of the Labour Party. As you well know, we have achieved a great deal in our 12 years of governance. I'm not quite sure why you've taken to ****ging us off all of a sudden. Perhaps your rl counterparts lack of achievments is starting to frustrate you.

With regards to his questions, I am not sure whether theseeker is talking about the TSR Labour Party or the Labour government in real life. The real life government have cut waiting lists by 614,000 since 1997 and TSR Labour are committed to improving healthcare and improving access to critical and life-saving drugs.

The second point suggests theseeker's views on Benefits are more alligned with the Tories. We do not agree with his views and are proud to have increased JSA this session.
    Always looking in the past aren't you? I did try and join labour, and I had joint it before, however, it wasn't a great feeling.

Stop looking in the past!

Also you mentioned, he's been member of the lib dems, no I am a member and quite proud.

Just resign.

ReputationRep:
    k...

ReputationRep:
    Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Does the Labour Party believe that there are circumstances to suspend the rule that all should be equal before the law?

If so, what are these circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    RK - that's hardly a reason to ban fox hunting. That's a reason to ban trespassing and damaging someone else's property. And isn't that already illegal?
    Personally I am glad that fox hunting is banned. Problem is where do you draw the line ? What I mean is that killing pigs and eating them is obviously cruelty to animals. Personally I see fox hunting as for sport, killing animals to eat as survival. But then again I may just be talking crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01kij114)
    Personally I am glad that fox hunting is banned. Problem is where do you draw the line ? What I mean is that killing pigs and eating them is obviously cruelty to animals. Personally I see fox hunting as for sport, killing animals to eat as survival. But then again I may just be talking crap.
    I'm sure vegetarians would argue that killing for food is not survival.

Perhaps we should let people make up their own minds what to do on their own property in their own time and with their own money. So long as they don't harm you, of course.

ReputationRep:
    lol at fox hunting being the most efficient way of killing foxes. So poncing around on a horse (in full getup) with all your mates is more efficient than just getting your dogs to kill the offending fox?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by smalltownboy)
    lol at fox hunting being the most efficient way of killing foxes. So poncing around on a horse (in full getup) with all your mates is more efficient than just getting your dogs to kill the offending fox?
    So your problem with it is that some people enjoy doing it?

ReputationRep:
    No. I am merely pointing out that it is laughable to call traditional fox hunting "efficient".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Want a reason against fox hunting?

They are a nuciance to the countryside and cause so much more damange than the foxes do.

My Grandad hated them as they would come across his farm land knocking down walls and churning up the fields and all with out permission.

It's a shame they are still able to do this too and the whole idea of racing across the countryside damaging land should be stop. The current laws don't go far enough.
    Sorry, missed this. Much as I hate to say it, I agree with Tony here. Clearly that wasn't a very conscientious hunt; most hunts are very respectful to landowners, and many are actually invited with open arms.

(Original post by 01kij114)
    I covered this in my earlier post. Foxes need to be culled because they do damage to property, and humans in the past destroyed all their predators. Foxhunting is the most efficient way.

No. I am merely pointing out that it is laughable to call traditional fox hunting "efficient".
    And who exactly is supposed to control the dogs? Learn something about it before you act superior.

ReputationRep:
    Their owner?

ReputationRep:
    Their owner?
    Yeah. Exactly. Who is on horseback.

ReputationRep:
    Does the Labour Party believe that there are circumstances to suspend the rule that all should be equal before the law?

If so, what are these circumstances?
    I agree in principle of being equal before the law, noting the idea is especially meant to protect the poor and the minorities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    I agree in principle of being equal before the law, noting the idea is especially meant to protect the poor and the minorities.
    And so the inevitable question - how can you reconcile this with laws that treat people differently based on their financial situation?

ReputationRep:
    That's hardly grounds for it being banned though, is it? Even if they want to ponce about no a horse as well, it's still way more efficient than other methods that don't involve dogs (since they're now banned).

ReputationRep:
    Did I say it was grounds for it being banned?

ReputationRep:
    Did I say it was grounds for it being banned?
    Nope. You were suggesting, however, that the "most efficient way" argument (a pretty strong component of the overall argument for it) was untrue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.