ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    The app and this design update are separate issues - you wouldn't expect the behaviour of the app to change for this. Hopefully a fix is still in the works to fix some of the issues with the app.
    Sorry if this has been answered, but the site is actually giving me a headache, the way the buttons are. The orange is just, I don't know if it's too bright, it's the white inside of it, or if it's something else, but I can only spend around 3 minutes at a time looking at it without getting a horrible headache. Will it be, erm, changed?

I don't like any of the new changes really, hate most of them, but the headaches aren't something I'll be able to tolerate and I'll have to leave TSR .

Thanks a lot, TTML .

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't mind it, I think we can get used to it. One thing I do have a gripe about is the contrast between the orange buttons and the bright blue background, it strains my eyes a little when I read what's on the buttons but it's no big deal
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Sorry if this has been answered, but the site is actually giving me a headache, the way the buttons are. The orange is just, I don't know if it's too bright, it's the white inside of it, or if it's something else, but I can only spend around 3 minutes at a time looking at it without getting a horrible headache. Will it be, erm, changed?

I don't like any of the new changes really, hate most of them, but the headaches aren't something I'll be able to tolerate and I'll have to leave TSR .

Thanks a lot, TTML .
    I'm sorry but none of us mods can answer that. We don't get a say in what gets changed or not :nah:

Atm I'm dimming my screen brightness to compensate, maybe that'll help you too? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)

Thanks a lot, TTML .
    Unfortunately that's not something that I'm able to answer. Development updates and design changes are implemented soley by the community team (those with red usernames) and certain other TSR staff (those with green usernames). The mod team are invited to comment on proposals in the same way that other members are, but don't have any decision-making power over this sort of thing. I believe that the community team are noting all of the feedback received, which includes major concerns about the site's accessibility for some people following the changes, but I really can't say what, if any, further changes they may choose to implement in light of feedback.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful. :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I'm sorry but none of us mods can answer that. We don't get a say in what gets changed or not :nah:

Atm I'm dimming my screen brightness to compensate, maybe that'll help you too? :hugs:
    Chrosson wrote a script a while back that'll let you dim the brightness of TSR (along with some other really cool features): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post41362180

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Chrosson wrote a script a while back that'll let you dim the brightness of TSR (along with some other really cool features): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post41362180

I shall look into that when have more than 4 minutes left on my study break!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    How pointlessly pessimistic. Every single one of the feedback posts made last time were read by me and other members of the team, and we made a number of adjustments following the constructive feedback we received.
    Do you concede that last time there was a change, there was overwhelming negative feedback?

Following this, would you say it is fair that very few (if any) changes were made of any substance relating to the overwhelming negative feedback?

ReputationRep:
    Pushing the submit button in quickreply or the reply to thread button now crashes my phone (nokia c3) which is my main way of accessing the site.
    If you can read this it's because i quoted and then removed the quotation.
    Every recent upgrade has made the site harder to use from the phone. I can't see when someone quoted me any more and after the last improvement I need to go to another users profile and pretend to want to send them a pm in order to read pm's that have been sent to me.

I'm probably about one improvement away from being totally unable to use the site tbh.

On the plus side, judging from the comments above, I can't really see much difference from how it used to look
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    Dude, you've got a private message. You should probably read that.
    ha, thanks. Consider it read and responded to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Clip)
    Do you concede that last time there was a change, there was overwhelming negative feedback?

Following this, would you say it is fair that very few (if any) changes were made of any substance relating to the overwhelming negative feedback?
    Hey Clip

Last time there was an update there was positive and negative feedback and we worked our way through both to fully understand the issues. We made a large number of revisions based on this clear feedback, in fact much of that feedback has been carried across to this update and lots of people's concerns then are no longer concerns today. We do listen

Today we'll be reviewing the main feedback in the morning and responding back about each main point. We do need to let people get used to the designs as changing a design can feel jarring immediately after but there are clearly some we can fix quickly. For example, the negative rep icon standing out too much even when a post hasn't been negged.

Speak again soon

Jack

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but I can't open spoilers on my iPod touch. May be the same for other mobile devices? :dontknow:
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    I'm sure a 4 year old can draw a better star than that on the watch buttons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but I can't open spoilers on my iPod touch. May be the same for other mobile devices? :dontknow:
    Several people have reported the same on iOS, though AFAIK Android devices are fine.

ReputationRep:
    Oddly enough, I think the new font looks fantastic when viewing on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    I've mentioned this on three separate occasions and had no official (Capt. Jack) reply. I'm on an iPhone 4s. Android users are apparently ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Several people have reported the same on iOS, though AFAIK Android devices are fine.

(Original post by tooambitious)
    I've mentioned this on three separate occasions and had no official (Capt. Jack) reply. I'm on an iPhone 4s. Android users are apparently ok
    Alright then, just checking

I'll have to quote the person and see the spoiler in the reply box for the meantime.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I have that as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    I have that as well
    Only way to see spoilers is to quote the person and see the spoiler in the reply box :sigh:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by tooambitious)
    It's not always possible to reply directly to every single post made, but all are being read whether or not a direct reply is made

We do know about the issue with spoiler tags thanks to people reporting it, so it's not being forgotten about.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Hey Dez, how does the site decide what colour speech bubbles people get as default avvys?
    Wasn't actually me who implemented that bit, but I think they're distributed randomly. Although in places other than the thread page we currently only show one default avatar (the yellow/blue one) because the randomisation code doesn't stretch that far yet.

(Original post by Clip)

There was a lot of negative feedback on the thread, but that's not our only source of feedback. We worked on and improved a number of things that were highlighted back then e.g. distinguishing between read/unread threads.

I think it's fair to say we acted on most of the constructive feedback we received. Feedback like "I don't like it" or "I prefer X", isn't constructive, because it doesn't tell us anything about why something is bad. It's impossible to work with unless we have some idea of what actually needs fixing. I hope that distinction is clear.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.