Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do people have the moral 'right' to call each other fat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    Bloody hell. Rather a backward society.
    You asked for an example of a society, you didnt state any conditions that society had to have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    You really need to ask yourself why your cousin has an attractive boyfriend. Is it because he likes her for who she is or is it because he thinks she'll be easier to manipulate into doing anal?
    It's very offensive of you to say that when you don't know either of them. How would you like it if I talked about some of your relatives like that?
    Why would she be more easy to manipulate? That's quite an assumption you've got there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    It's no different to saying to someone "you look a bit skinny, do you eat?" :rolleyes:
    Agreed. Or "you're pale, are you ill?" But paleness is nice. :love:

Being slim, fat, pale, or tanned doesn't affect others, people shouldn't try to change them for the sake of conformity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    It's very offensive of you to say that when you don't know either of them. How would you like it if I talked about some of your relatives like that?
    Why would she be more easy to manipulate? That's quite an assumption you've got there.
    Exactly. People are only "easy" if they display characteristics of being easy, nowhere does their size come into this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Agreed. Or "you're pale, are you ill?" But paleness is nice. :love:
    Apparently not being orange means that you have some horrible disease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    This post= idiot
    This post=Complete moron.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently not being orange means that you have some horrible disease
    Or not having sex before the age of 14 means you're a cat lady. Though I plan on being a cat lady, so no offence caused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    You asked for an example of a society, you didnt state any conditions that society had to have.
    I'm not knocking your input, it is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    1. Have you ever gone shopping? Feeding yourself on oven chips, cheap sausages and pizzas is a lot cheaper than eating fresh food and making meals from scratch. Unless that is you are very partial to rice and onions for dinner.

Am I weird for preferring the rice and onions to all that frozen rubbish?

Cheese and onion omelette and rice for example (a few eggs and cheese needed too). Yummy. And takes the same time as cooking the sausages and oven chips.

I think part of the problem nowadays, and why food "seems" expensive is people don't posess enough basic cooking skills.

Also - Cheap sausages are not in fact "cheaper". Get some of those cheap sausages then get the same value of gorgeous proper sausages from the butcher. Cook them both up. By the time the cheap sausages have expelled all their MSG and shrunk to 2/3 their size, you'll find that the butchers, weight for weight, is the same price. Possibly cheaper. Healthier. And 10 times nicer.

Supermarket "cheap" food = a con.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    It's not an assumption, I'm not assuming anything. It is a suggestion of a possible reason, I'm certainly not assuming that this is the reason.

Fat people often have a low self worth and a low self esteem and in the context of a relationship they may be easy to manipulate due to their fear of losing their partner.

ReputationRep:
    Or not having sex before the age of 14 means you're a cat lady. Though I plan on being a cat lady, so no offence caused.
    I love cats

Name:  tumblr_ml18qovJz51s5lrzxo1_1280.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  20.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    I love cats

Name:  tumblr_ml18qovJz51s5lrzxo1_1280.jpg
Size:  20.3 KB
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - so the "Iron Lady" has a soft centre eh?

ReputationRep:
    People we have more pressing issues: the edexcel website is down nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo
    Everyone PANIC
    dafidjsfoiajsdoifjaoisdjfoiasjdv oijsd voiajsdoifjoiaspdfjoapisdjfopia joiejafopijeopfijaes pjaspdeoi

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

ReputationRep:
    Also no matter what a person's motive is for saying that you're fat, if you are then you are, and it is unhealthy therefore you should do something about it, but not because someone said you're fat but because you want to get healthy. Don't get demoralized by what people say or try to justify how that person is wrong about you in particular, just aim to prove them wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Being fat is in no way a positive. There are no benefits of being a fatty, and I just don't understand how people can let themselves destroy their bodies. For christs sake, go do some daily exercise, and eat properly. Don't sit on your laptop all day complaining on forums about how fat you are while eating some ice cream.

The fact that parents are letting their children eat like crap and not exercise is retarded. Do parents not love their children anymore?

If people had the choice they would easily choose being slim and healthy over being fat with high blood pressure and a heart attack waiting to happen. Therefore I do not see how anyone who can think for properly can let themselves look like ****.

P.s, please find one very attractive fat women and I will believe that not all fat people are ugly. Because the truth is...if you are fat you really will not be attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

Cats :teehee:

Name:  tumblr_ml9qmz2IV41snawqko1_400_large.jpg
Size:  14.5 KB

It's supposed to move :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aPx)
    Being fat is in no way a positive. There are no benefits of being a fatty, and I just don't understand how people can let themselves destroy their bodies. For christs sake, go do some daily exercise, and eat properly. Don't sit on your laptop all day complaining on forums about how fat you are while eating some ice cream.

The fact that parents are letting their children eat like crap and not exercise is retarded. Do parents not love their children anymore?

If people had the choice they would easily choose being slim and healthy over being fat with high blood pressure and a heart attack waiting to happen. Therefore I do not see how anyone who can think for properly can let themselves look like ****.

P.s, please find one very attractive fat women and I will believe that not all fat people are ugly. Because the truth is...if you are fat you really will not be attractive.
    Why are you so touchy when it's not even your body?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aPx)

I don't think its quite fair to say that the parents of fat children don't love them but you are right about how it's not a positive thing and its also true that you shouldn't really complain about how you have been offended by other people calling you fat because you shouldn't really be as its not healthy either way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.