Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    I got the weird shapes one wrong, got the other two right, and was 530 at one point an answer? What was the 24 for? It rings a bell, a few pages back ive got a massive list of questions that came up lol
    Also i said the baby was deoxygenated and vein - hate myself argh
    Cant think what the 530 one was? Something about two population pyramids and you had to look at people under a certain age! Awk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    prolonged starvation when the body uses proteins or somethings yeah?

Oh there was a flow diagram about glycolysis and the krebs- remember??
    Yeah, my mind went blank on that one, ended up writing something about anaerobic conditions haha! It was amino acids, co2 and fatty acids I think but not sure what order! I lost the mark as I put glucose instead of amino acids, but got the other two! Then the next part was glucose and oxygen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish__girl)
    Yeah, my mind went blank on that one, ended up writing something about anaerobic conditions haha! It was amino acids, co2 and fatty acids I think but not sure what order! I lost the mark as I put glucose instead of amino acids, but got the other two! Then the next part was glucose and oxygen
    Cant remember now whether I put amino acids or glucose, got the rest right though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    Cant remember now whether I put amino acids or glucose, got the rest right though!
    Just looked over your list of answers on the other page and I think you've got practically all of them right! You'll definitely get an A

ReputationRep:
    Just looked over your list of answers on the other page and I think you've got practically all of them right! You'll definitely get an A
    See how the glucose and oxygen was that the blood vessel one in which is said name the blood vessel P and Q and then state two thing that blood vessel P had that Q didn't ( something like that ) ?

ReputationRep:
    My essays were lines, literally i wont get an A honestly ive been so depressed about it haha!

There was one about the neurones? what direction was it and got any idea of the answers?

Sorry for pestering you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsGrand131415)
    See how the glucose and oxygen was that the blood vessel one in which is said name the blood vessel P and Q and then state two thing that blood vessel P had that Q didn't ( something like that ) ?
    I wrote arteriole and capillary i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    I wrote arteriole and capillary i think
    :/ I wrote Artery and Capillary cause if I remember correctly is was a large blood vessel then a small one connects with it followed by many small ones.. At first I thought it was Arteriole and Capillary but had a long thought about it so I'm not too sure !:/

ReputationRep:
    i had P- arteriole and Q- venule and that the arteriole had more glucose and oxygen than the venule cause it goes out during pressure filtration and waste and CO2 go back in the venule side.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :/ I wrote Artery and Capillary cause if I remember correctly is was a large blood vessel then a small one connects with it followed by many small ones.. At first I thought it was Arteriole and Capillary but had a long thought about it so I'm not too sure !:/
    There was the hormones one- with the guys/testes etc and naming a structure aswell?

Im trying to go back through the thread to see if i can remember what i wrote :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    My essays were lines, literally i wont get an A honestly ive been so depressed about it haha!

There was one about the neurones? what direction was it and got any idea of the answers?

Sorry for pestering you.
    I drew the arrow facing right, like down the axon if that makes sense. What did you say the nucleus done in the cell body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovePeaceChocolate)
    i had P- arteriole and Q- venule and that the arteriole had more glucose and oxygen than the venule cause it goes out during pressure filtration and waste and CO2 go back in the venule side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got the glucose and oxygen bit but really confused with the Diagram and naming cause it was too vague and not obvious enough. ah!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovePeaceChocolate)
    I drew the arrow facing right, like down the axon if that makes sense. What did you say the nucleus done in the cell body.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same and I wrote that it would determine whether the impulse was excitory or inhibitory - WRONG gr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    Same and I wrote that it would determine whether the impulse was excitory or inhibitory - WRONG gr
    Same !! arrow pointed the same as yours and nucleus correct answer was Protein synthesis but I wrote something stupid !:/

ReputationRep:
    Whatvabout the one with the neurone? Asking what the nucleus would do?

ReputationRep:
    Same !! arrow pointed the same as yours and nucleus correct answer was Protein synthesis but I wrote something stupid !:/
    Awwwmaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also in section B some answers were starvation, non-disjunction and demography
    I wrote 'demographic trends' ugh, think that would get a mark or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhannahdoherty)
    For meiosis I wrote:

First division:
    DNA replication occurs and chromosomes find their homologous pairs. These are joined at points called chiasmata. The homologous pairs then line up at the centre of the cell randomly. This is called random assortment. Crossing over of DNA also occurs here. Spindle fibres attach to each of the homologous pairs pulling chromosomes to each pole. The cell membrane then starts to fold in and 2 new haploid cells are formed.

Second division:
    The chromosomes line up at the centre of the cell once more. Spindle fibres attach and pull each chomatid to opposite poles of the cell. 2 new cells are formed. Overall 4 new cells are formed.

Importance:
    Meiosis is needed to produce sperm and egg cells. The second division during meiosis ensures that only 23 chromosomes are present in each sperm and egg cell. This is because at fertilisation a sperm and egg cell join together giving the normal 46 chromosomes a cell needs.

There was a diagram to demonstrate the 4 new cells and to demonstate crossing over.

^ roughly that, anyone like to advise or compare?

i wrote roughly that for part 1 and 2, but for signiicance i said it introduces variation in a species!

ReputationRep:
    What did people write about trypsin being inactive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuer)
    What did people write about trypsin being inactive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trypsin had to be produce as an inactive enzyme because otherwise it would start to digest the cells that produced it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.