Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brandon_RNS)
    I rounded it up
    I got 277.77 will i still get the marks??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh7171)
    What did you put for inflation being under 2%? And then for the second question I think it was, about why CPI had changed?
    I did question one but i would have talked about the mpc say its there job to control inflation, quote some data say mpc is independent from government.

state that there is a time lag of 18months for inflation to be affected when the mpc change interest rates

ReputationRep:
    Risin oil prices will affect demand. If consumers see the price of a commodity increase then their confidence will be lower. They'll give the marks if you moved the as curve or the ad curve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgen123)
    I got 277.77 will i still get the marks??
    Yeahh i got that i wish i didnt round it up you'll defo get marks but me smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriveti)
    Risin oil prices will affect demand. If consumers see the price of a commodity increase then their confidence will be lower. They'll give the marks if you moved the as curve or the ad curve
    That same question was in the may 2011 exam, question a 2, look at the mark scheme it says no marks for ad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shabba-ranks)
    Yeah it happens across all subjects. If the exam board see that way more people have been successful on question 2, they will either mark more stiffly there and/or the value of raw marks coverted to ums in question 1 will be increased. Basically they will mark more leniently. They have to do this so that they get a spread of grades.

So don't give up hope people that answered q1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow I didn't know that! But it actually makes sense! Anyway, I hope that happens this year *cross fingers*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also i forgot to write my candidate number and i forgot to put a cross in the question (1) i answered? Please answer saying if either matters and if you get any marks without a cross cos im worried?

ReputationRep:
    I answered question 2 for the question about why inflation was about the two percent target it said something in the passage about wage stagnation. I wrote about demand pull and cost push inflation as it didn't say you needed to use the passage. Would I get marks?

ReputationRep:
    also i forgot to write my candidate number and i forgot to put a cross in the question (1) i answered? Please answer saying if either matters and if you get any marks without a cross cos im worried?
    The X will not matter as humans will mark it, it is used because some people start one question then switch to another so it saves the marker time to know which to mark.

Your teachers/ exam officer will fill in your can number. They look at every paper to check the centre number and can are correctly filled in

ReputationRep:
    Why did you guys put for the 8 markers for Q1? They were about how a change in the global economy could affect oil price and two costs of trade deficit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt it something like evaluate the effect of a reduction in the fiscal deficit on the macro economic objectives?

well first ad/as for your 4 marks
    state all 3 objectives for 3 or 6 i cant remenber a past mark scheme with similar question
    and bascially talk about confidence levels down investment down consumption, imports will fall which will improve the balance o payments

trust me it was a nice question
    Could you do both sides, saying how it wouldn't help them achieve a macroeconomic objective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farringtonn)
    Could you do both sides, saying how it wouldn't help them achieve a macroeconomic objective?

A reduction in the defecit would mean less g spending which would reduce ad less income less output( against g obj) less inflation (whih is g objective) higher unemployment ( against g obj) less imports which improves bal of pay (which is g objective)

i dont see any other way to answer
    and the dodgey thing is i didnt even do this question! Hahaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xstarsx67)
    You know if you got the answer to the index one wrong? (Like I put 177 instead of 277) don't ask me how I'm just really stupid would you still get like maybe 1 or 2 marks? Cos it was a 6 mark question, so surely they should credit something even if it was wrong? Or no?
    I put down 177 as well. Because I assumed base rate was the original (100%). Then I did the %change thing and got 277, then subtracted 100 to get the actual increase which came to be 177.77778.
    I hope we get some marks for that, considering we did so some working out (they definitely give marks for workings out on calculation questions even if the final answer is wrong).

ReputationRep:
    did people write anything about policy conflicts for 1's 30 marker because my friend said u had to?

ReputationRep:
    Yup 278
    How did you get 278? i got 178!

I thought you take the difference (80) over the original (45) then multiply by 100?

ReputationRep:
    A reduction in the defecit would mean less g spending which would reduce ad less income less output( against g obj) less inflation (whih is g objective) higher unemployment ( against g obj) less imports which improves bal of pay (which is g objective)

i dont see any other way to answer
    and the dodgey thing is i didnt even do this question! Hahaa
    Yeah I put about economic growth being down, lower inflation, and improvement in balance of payments, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljh950912)
    Why did you guys put for the 8 markers for Q1? They were about how a change in the global economy could affect oil price and two costs of trade deficit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oil leads to up cost of production up inflation (cost push) down output up umemployment

deficit means money leaving country so up umemploy etc. and also it sign of exonomic weakness can lead to credit crunch

ReputationRep:
    did people write anything about policy conflicts for 1's 30 marker because my friend said u had to?
    Yeah cutting cooperation tax conflicts with austerity measures

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the questions?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for question 2 on the first question asking how to calculate CPI? Not sure if I got all the marks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.