Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    If that is true that is seriously unfair, but then again this isn't the first time I've heard of something like this. For example, my mum has a cousin who is a doctor and whose husband is also a doctor. Their daughter was applying for medicine the same time as me. She ended up getting ABB but still got into Barts for med. My mum was saying she heard that her dad knew a few of the people at Barts and may have influenced this decision.

It's annoying that there are many of us who work exceptionally hard when applying for medicine and some of us do not have the luxury of having parents who actually went to university, let alone trained as doctors. I thought this type of behavior was confined to countries outside of the UK but I guess it's a phenomenon which can happen anywhere.
    Luckily it is being stamped out but you do here there odd tail here and there of people getting in on dodgy grades because someone was known etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Great, I'd imagine they take time to process as well, may not even be till next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or maybeeee........ they were sent today :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Tbh until people start having interview emails sent we haven't a clue really, they may decide to start in february!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh until people start having interview emails sent we haven't a clue really, they may decide to start in february!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh goodness I hope that's not true!! The waiting will most likely drive me nuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    Basically, a fellow future medic in my biology class knows her. As far as I know, her dad is a doctor, who sometimes teaches at kings. Now she has an offer from kings without an interview. Not sure how much the dad is influencing this.. :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it's true, it's disgusting behaviour by both the medical school admissions team and her father (but she could just be bull****ting). On the other hand, even if this is real, no one will be able to carry her through medical school or her medical training. There's a reason why candidates are interviewed, which is to judge how suitable they'll be not just academically, but in the long run, handling a medical career.

ReputationRep:
    I don't appreciate language as disgusting as that, you don't deserve to be a doctor with that sort of comment. #LeaveIt

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jazzy p;45087542]I don't appreciate language as disgusting as that, you don't deserve to be a doctor with that sort of comment. #LeaveIt[/QUOTE
    Alright you bunch of straight up swaggy gangstas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Yeah good shout, give us a call 07943155678

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone please confirm that interviews for GEP will be held in the first week of Jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moo321)
    Hi, can someone please confirm that interviews for GEP will be held in the first week of Jan?
    I'm pretty sure they try to interview all GEP and gap year students in November... some may spill over into Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzy p)
    Yeah good shout, give us a call 07943155678
    No, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't appreciate language as disgusting as that, you don't deserve to be a doctor with that sort of comment. #LeaveIt
    who are you to decide who is deserving to become a doctor and who isn't? LOL stfu

ReputationRep:
    My choice of language in a single comment affects my suitability for a career in medicine? Okay, disgusting is a strong word to use, but think about the amount of people who work so hard to achieve even an interview from KCL. I'm a re-applicant, I've worked so hard for this for years, so of course I think that allowing someone to gain an offer from a medical school without putting them through the usual selection process is awful. It is appalling behaviour, because technically it's cheating. I doubt this is what King's have done, as they are a reputable med school.

And if it's my use of the word "bull****ting", I apologise for swearing, however you may find that you do come across this kind of strong language occasionally in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    WHEN ARE THEY HANDING OUT THE FIRST BATCH OF INTERVIEWS?!?!??!

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME

UKCAT scores should have arrived by now!

ReputationRep:
    is there like a designated time frame for interviews?
    like do they go alphabetically first? gap year/grads first?
    anybody know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    WHEN ARE THEY HANDING OUT THE FIRST BATCH OF INTERVIEWS?!?!??!

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME

UKCAT scores should have arrived by now!
    Next week maybe, unless they'll give us reasons to celebrate this weekend!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Next week maybe, unless they'll give us reasons to celebrate this weekend!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously, it's midday on Friday. I doubt we'll hear anything this week!! Maybe they've changed their admissions policy this cycle? Last year, the first batch of interviews went out even before UKCAT results were delivered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Seriously, it's midday on Friday. I doubt we'll hear anything this week!! Maybe they've changed their admissions policy this cycle? Last year, the first batch of interviews went out even before UKCAT results were delivered.
    Just phoned Kings. Apparently interviews will take place throughout December. Last December interview will be the 19th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambe)
    Just phoned Kings. Apparently interviews will take place throughout December. Last December interview will be the 19th.
    Do you know when invitations will start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fadytousa)
    Do you know when invitations will start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They normally give 2 weeks notice. So perhaps next week???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.