Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    6A*s 1A 3BS at GCSE
    UKCAT average of 690
    AABBB at AS level with A*AA prediction (and dropping the A and B) therefore this should give me 490 ucas tariff points in total.. Should i apply to Barts?

ReputationRep:
    Do i have a chance guys? I have an average of 690 on the UKCAT.
    490 ucas points from A*AA predictions and two subjects (A and B) at AS level dropped. (AABBB at AS)
    6A*s 1A 3B's at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I was an applicant last year and was placed on the waiting list. After weeks of deliberation, I've finally decided to apply here again.

My Stats:
    UCAS tariff - 550
    UKCAT - 3080 (770 average)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Hi guys,

I was an applicant last year and was placed on the waiting list. After weeks of deliberation, I've finally decided to apply here again.

My Stats:
    UCAS tariff - 550
    UKCAT - 3080 (770 average)
    What were your stats last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    What were your stats last year?
    UCAS Tariff: 570
    UKCAT: 2890 (722.5 average)

ReputationRep:
    UCAS Tariff: 570
    UKCAT: 2890 (722.5 average)
    These are really good stats, how did your interview go last year?

ReputationRep:
    These are really good stats, how did your interview go last year?
    The two interviewers I had were really nice but I was really nervous (I had 3 rejections and Barts was my last chance). Basically I mucked it up.

ReputationRep:
    The two interviewers I had were really nice but I was really nervous (I had 3 rejections and Barts was my last chance). Basically I mucked it up.
    Ohh, I hope you get in this time. Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, can someone help me out with the tariff points? I'm a little confused as how they are allocated. I do know I have 95 points for music qualifications but how much does a prediction of AAAA in AS give me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was wondering if my scores are somewhat competitive enough to gain an interview based on last year's stats? Also Im an international student if that makes any difference...

Tariff points: 617

UKCAT: 667.5

What do you guys think?

On a different note, how does the Uni use the personal statement to hand out offers?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, I hope you get in this time. Where else did you apply?
    I applied to Exeter, Nottingham and Oxford as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pierrehemming)
    Hey I was wondering if my scores are somewhat competitive enough to gain an interview based on last year's stats? Also Im an international student if that makes any difference...

Tariff points: 617

UKCAT: 667.5

What do you guys think?

On a different note, how does the Uni use the personal statement to hand out offers?
    I'm not sure about stats for international students but with regards to your personal statement I think they just look at it for the interview and ask about a few things about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etry)
    Hey guys, can someone help me out with the tariff points? I'm a little confused as how they are allocated. I do know I have 95 points for music qualifications but how much does a prediction of AAAA in AS give me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Google UCAS tariff...
    Anyway a prediction of AAAA in A2 will give 480. Making your total UCAS of 575. Which is quite good! What's your UKCAT like?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    Considering changing Queen Mary for HYMS/UEA... I'm a bit stuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    Google UCAS tariff...
    Anyway a prediction of AAAA in A2 will give 480. Making your total UCAS of 575. Which is quite good! What's your UKCAT like?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    The prediction is for AS actually. I'm sitting for AS in two weeks. My UKCAT average is 717.5 but got a band 3 for situational judgement. Is that going to affect anything? Pretty worried :\

ReputationRep:
    I will apply here too!
    Tariffs 620: A*A*AAb and b in EPQ

UKCAT 2950

Hopefully will get an interview then :P

ReputationRep:
    No point applying here right? On a gap.

Achieved A-Levels AAA in biology chemisty maths
    Acheived AS-Level A in computer science

so thats 120+120+120+60 = 420, they require 460 minimum

My ukcat is good though, 720 average, 2880 overall.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know, I'm sure I've head that if you apply for A101 at barts, you are automatically considered for the A100 if you are unsuccessful. Is this true?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random32)
    Does anybody know, I'm sure I've head that if you apply for A101 at barts, you are automatically considered for the A100 if you are unsuccessful. Is this true?

Thanks
    I know this is apparently the case for King's GPEP, not sure about Barts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    I know this is apparently the case for King's GPEP, not sure about Barts!
    Oh ok, Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.