Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yess great result CITEHHH!!! LETS HAVE IT!!! Roll on Charlton next Saturday!! 8 points clear.

ReputationRep:
    Another win for Barnet yesterday, hopes perhaps for a play off place.

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, irritating that Leeds seem destined for another year in the second tier of English football. Hopefully Cellino can pump in some money in the Summer & we can have a real good crack at promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    Uhh, irritating that Leeds seem destined for another year in the second tier of English football. Hopefully Cellino can pump in some money in the Summer & we can have a real good crack at promotion.
    Thought you lot didn't want him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Thought you lot didn't want him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want his money.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    QPR look like they're choking. Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    I want his money.
    Fair enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Three one-nil wins in a row, thanks to this absolute beauty from Chrissy Martin...

ReputationRep:
    I want his money.
    Spoken like a real modern football fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Spoken like a real modern football fan.
    Leicester, Forest, QPR etc.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester, Forest, QPR etc.
    Your point?

ReputationRep:
    Your point?
    The days of the jolly local boy whose done well are long gone. It's all about the big money. I'd be welcome to anyone coming to my club willing to put a lot of money in. Don't tell me you wouldn't be welcome to it.

ReputationRep:
    The days of the jolly local boy whose done well are long gone. It's all about the big money. I'd be welcome to anyone coming to my club willing to put a lot of money in. Don't tell me you wouldn't be welcome to it.
    In a nutshell, why English football has gone down the pan.

ReputationRep:
    And there's nothing we can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    The Championship itself is pay up to stay up, let alone to go up. English people don't quite have the money of those abroad investors, the more money the better now I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And there's nothing we can do about it.
    In Germany the fans come first, the teams draw the highest crowds in Europe, and the national team wins on penalties. The only thing that's better in England is the endless supply of Bovril...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    The Championship itself is pay up to stay up, let alone to go up. English people don't quite have the money of those abroad investors, the more money the better now I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    German clubs manage quite well with fan owned clubs which run at a profit and compete in Europe. I don't accept that English football must always be a case of which owner has the deepest pockets-that's just not how to run the game.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Vincent Tan?
    Assem Allam?
    Venkys?

Somehow I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Vincent Tan?
    Assem Allam?
    Venkys?

Somehow I doubt it.
    As long as I get to see Premier League football. If an owner invests in good players, with the goal of taking Leeds to the Prem then I'm all for it.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I get to see Premier League football. If an owner invests in good players, with the goal of taking Leeds to the Prem then I'm all for it.
    So you don't care who pays for it until things start going wrong? As a Leeds fan I'd have thought you'd be more wary of these types but there you go. It's such a short term attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.