Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys would you date a plus size girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    But that would be making all inadequate guys feel insecure.
    But its okay because my preference is 10" I ask for **** pics with a 12" rule placed next to it so I can get an accurate reading to deem if they are suitable to be come my partner.
    here's mine: (warning, explicit)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    [IMG]http://www.blacktowhite.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Monster-Black-****-for-Horny-Wife-590x394.jpg[/IMG]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    What size do you deem fat though? The average size of UK women is a 16 apparently. Kim kardashian is a 14, Kelly brook is a 10/12, Marilyn Monroe was a 16 - but I would not deem them fat. If they had muffin tops and saddle bags, then that's probably where I would say. I don't,like to use the word fat though. That's like saying everyone is fingernails because ye have fingernails, and everyone has fat. Obese would be better to use.
    16 in the 1950s is smaller than today though, and that was only at one point in her career. The rest of the time she was tiny - 35-22-35 - a very defined hourglass unobtainable for most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny_Smiles)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    [IMG]http://www.blacktowhite.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Monster-Black-****-for-Horny-Wife-590x394.jpg[/IMG]
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historygirl)
    16 in the 1950s is smaller than today though, and that was only at one point in her career. The rest of the time she was tiny - 35-22-35 - a very defined hourglass unobtainable for most.
    I think we've established this point already.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think you understood my sarcastic post.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you understood my sarcastic post.
    ...then what is your preferred size?

ReputationRep:
    ...then what is your preferred size?
    I don't have a preference.
    Reread my post and who I quoted. You might understand.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a preference.
    Reread my post and who I quoted. You might understand.
    ah come you must have some sort of preference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Like I said, I'm just using dress size to try and convey my meaning. Dress size is a rough guide and it isn't an exact science. But I do feel that above size 10 is a fairly accurate (but imperfect) demonstration of what I consider quite big. Arguing semantics is a bit pointless when we're talking about attraction.
    Well, basically a waist to height ratio would be a much more accurate measure to indicate the % of body fat,even more accurate than BMI.

Attractiveness, however, is a matter of proportions, not exact sizes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liberta)
    Well, basically a waist to height ratio would be a much more accurate measure to indicate the % of body fat,even more accurate than BMI.

Attractiveness, however, is a matter of proportions, not exact sizes.
    He's deluded.
    All the women when he was growing up were all fat. This means he couldn't get sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)

Women have this idea that the only skinny women in the world are on TV or in magazines, yes they do airbrush some pictures when well known celebs let themselves go but there are tons of girls in real life who aren't obese. There is just less of them in the UK.
    Please show me the proof that women think the only skinny women in the world are on tv or in magazines because that is a ridiculous statement :lolwut: And no they don't just airbrush celebrities/model when they 'let themselves go', they airbrush them for natural imperfections like skin blemishes. Beyonce is beautiful and hasn't 'let herself go' as you kindly put it and she gets airbrushed. I don't dispute the fact there are girls in real life who aren't obese - I for one am not obese - I only challenge your idea that the article criticises skinny women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    I think we've established this point already.
    Yeah no problem. Didn't see the later replies

ReputationRep:
    No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I love how people try to use average sizes to defend their weight. Do they not realise that we are one of the fattest countries in the world?

ReputationRep:
    Is a size 10, 5ft7 fat? I weight 60kg
    Measurements: 32-27-37

Jw because everyone is saying 12 is fat and 10 is near so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkyQT)

No, don't listen to them. Your not fat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:

For goodness sake. Stop being ridiculous. A quick google search of a BMI calculator will tell you that you have 20% body fat, on the lower end of the BMI scale which is 18.5 - 24.9. Stop fishing, you are not stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want honesty of all your opinions - it seems to be a social issue that plus size/ fat girls are a problem or something.
    Im not a plus size myself but I would really like to know why it is that guys tend to avoid girls that are on the bigger side.
    I'm size 14 girl and if I was a guy I wouldn't date myself.

ReputationRep:

No... You're pretty much exactly the same stats as me. I get called skinny/thin all the time. A size 12 isn't fat either. Fat is fat. Dress size is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm far from fat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.