I managed to finish the paper but didn't check
    26.83%
    I missed off a few of the questions
    37.80%
    I missed >half of the questions
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank12365)
    Well it did ask you to say why the QR are better than barcodes or something like that and then state why there are 3 squares in the corner, I suppose it may be common sense but you what have to know why the QR codes are better!!?! To add to that 'relevant and useful physics' was definitely not what this paper was testing - so knowing the density of wood is relevant?
    The wood question was just testing that you understood density, rather than asking a density question that may have been another 2 or three marks, they test lots of skills in shorter marked questions

ReputationRep:
    What are you chavs on about? That paper was so easy, like comparing it to the 2009/2010 past paper series it pretty much had the same questions...
    Also it sorts the idiots who take physics for a joke from the people who take maths and chemistry who would agree that was simpler than the crossword they put on the GCSE paper for us last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daveywavey22)
    what are you chavs on about? That paper was so easy, like comparing it to the 2009/2010 past paper series it pretty much had the same questions...
    Also it sorts the idiots who take physics for a joke from the people who take maths and chemistry who would agree that was simpler than the crossword they put on the gcse paper for us last year
    I take further maths, chemistry and biology and I found it difficult.

Not a chav either, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Can't agree with you there honestly, but I do believe there's a little drama going on here. there was no proper stress/strain question, and there was a lot of stuff missing. The grade boundaries will be lower, and the questions were asked in a way that did throw some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveywavey22)
    What are you chavs on about? That paper was so easy, like comparing it to the 2009/2010 past paper series it pretty much had the same questions...
    Also it sorts the idiots who take physics for a joke from the people who take maths and chemistry who would agree that was simpler than the crossword they put on the GCSE paper for us last year
    So you think you got 60/60?

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I remeber that paper, such a joke, gd point though

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you are talking about the right paper mate?

ReputationRep:
    Was the graph of resistance against light intensity proportional or inversely proportional? I can't quite remember, just about managed to finish the whole paper but it was bloody difficult to be able to give well thought out answer in the time allowed. With more time i reckon I could have done pretty well, but the stress and the time constrained meant i rushed it and probably wrote poor answers and made silly mistakes So worried that this exam has ruined my chances for medicine at cambridge

ReputationRep:
    You are talking about OCR B right, where they had the stupid questions about QR codes etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Chavs? Are you deluded? As someone who is predict straight As, and got near full marks in all the mocks, that paper was not easy. I study maths, further maths, physics and economics, and that physics paper was truly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shloke123)
    Was the graph of resistance against light intensity proportional or inversely proportional? I can't quite remember, just about managed to finish the whole paper but it was bloody difficult to be able to give well thought out answer in the time allowed. With more time i reckon I could have done pretty well, but the stress and the time constrained meant i rushed it and probably wrote poor answers and made silly mistakes So worried that this exam has ruined my chances for medicine at cambridge
    I'm in the same situation as you, including the medicine at Cambridge thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    I'm in the same situation as you, including the medicine at Cambridge thing!
    I am relying on low grade boundaries, my 25/30 in the coursework, and hopefully a fantastic G492 to get me over 90% ums, but i doubt it Guess I will have to get a BMAT score that Cambridge just can't turn down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james-aitken)
    The wood question was just testing that you understood density, rather than asking a density question that may have been another 2 or three marks, they test lots of skills in shorter marked questions
    Note really testing your understanding of density if it's asking you to guess the mass of a cube of wood. If they had given you values for density, and given you the option of either estimating or calculating, then it would be fair.

Instead, I'm sat there, with my admittedly abysmal knowledge of wood cube weights and poor estimating skills, trying to visualise a block of wood and how much it weighs.

ReputationRep:
    Physics has been my weakest subject by far this year, so I've spent so much of my revision time drilling physics... Then I get that exam. I feel like it was a waste of time. I didn't finish it and didn't answer half of the questions.. Felt like crying when I left. Im just glad I wasn't the only one who left confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeMarie96)
    Physics has been my weakest subject by far this year, so I've spent so much of my revision time drilling physics... Then I get that exam. I feel like it was a waste of time. I didn't finish it and didn't answer half of the questions.. Felt like crying when I left. Im just glad I wasn't the only one who left confused
    I did all the past papers for our spec, made about 50 pages of notes for them and then sat that test and realised all I needed was the formula booklet, a decent general knowledge and lightning fast handwriting skills.

ReputationRep:
    My main concern is that it will ruin my chances of getting into Cambridge to study economics. I wouldn't mind them asking those questions if they were on the spec

ReputationRep:
    Slightly disrespectful considering people who are very intelligent and take equally difficult subjects (Maths, Computer Science, Further Maths, Chemistry etc.) and still found it hard. Just because they struggled on this paper like I did, it dosent mean that we don't take the subject r A-Levels seriously, the questions were just aimed differently and a lot of the specification was not tested on this paper. Please send me a picture of your full marks on the 15th August.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I take further maths, maths and chemistry. I can't do physics at the best of times. Not because I took it as a joke because I couldn't do it. It's a hard subject.

ReputationRep:
    I made this account simply to complain about todays Physics paper. I am so angry as OCR right now. no where in the specification does it say "estimate a plank of wood"
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    I ran outta time and missed about 16 marks worth. Bye bye any hope of a top 5 uni next year. I feel like ****, I don't even wanna revise for unit 2 now.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.